Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Can an off duty cop ...? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/197491-can-off-duty-cop.html)

CRAZY... 08-07-2007 12:14 AM

Re: Can an off duty cop ...?

mmmmmmmmm keystone haha...

yo rocket kid... my buddy b-rad got pulled over by a tohoe, the cop asked him why he didnt run and b-rad told him it was for his own safety!

cuz of that todachini (sp) tohoe thing...

that pissed him right off!!!

nyRocketkid 08-07-2007 12:53 AM

[quote=PODIZZLE;2880234]Your trippin dude just drink some keystone and it will be alright.....Do yall even have Keystone in NY????? lol[/quote]

Keystones everywhere boss. All I drink is Corona though.:cheers

Ordering that damn fast tags kit on thursday when I get paid.

Cody W 08-07-2007 12:57 AM

as long as he has his ticket book and he calls it in there isnt much you can do....but if your not in jail tomorrow i wouldnt worry.

miker_dh 08-07-2007 01:00 AM

If anyones asks you weren't on a bike that day, and the cop wrote down the wrong plate Numbers end of story...

kipROCKet 08-07-2007 01:24 AM

[quote=big dave;2879997]hopefully you gave him the finger, then wheelied away.
if not, do it next time 'cause he can't do shit.[/quote]

ROFL

that made my stomach hurt

*nonchalantly wheelies away from cop* LOL

PLAYA-P 08-07-2007 02:16 AM

I had one pull me over off duty I only stopped when he pulled his gun and badge tho..before that I told him to get f***** he then waited for other cops to show up and wrote me a ticket out of the on duty cops ticket book:banghead careless driving

Cody W 08-07-2007 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=PLAYA-P;2880429]I had one pull me over off duty I only stopped when he pulled his gun and badge tho..before that I told him to get f***** he then waited for other cops to show up and wrote me a ticket out of the on duty cops ticket book:banghead careless driving[/QUOTE]

thats illegal...he cant do that....has to be his or the other cop has to write you the ticket using the off duty as a witness....as i understand the law in california.

PLAYA-P 08-07-2007 02:31 AM

Oregon.. He did it and it held up in court was on my record for three years

righthooks 08-07-2007 02:35 AM

dam that sux^

nyRocketkid 08-07-2007 02:36 AM

I'm gonna buy the Fast Tags Flip Plate kit tommorrow. Does anyone know if I'll have problems using my hotbodies undertail? Does it matter?

Street Warrior 08-07-2007 02:49 AM

I wouldn't buy the flip up deal. It wouldn't have even helped you in this situation, by the time you realized and could've flipped it up he already had your tag number. Legally, I think having a device to conceal your license plate is even worse than not having one.

[quote=PODIZZLE;2880234]Your trippin dude just drink some keystone and it will be alright.....Do yall even have Keystone in NY????? lol[/quote]
Best legal advice thus far :LOL :cheers

E-BRAKE 08-07-2007 04:52 AM

check your local laws , cause i got a wreckless and beat it in court cause under indiana law its not illegal to wheelie as long as you dont break any laws while on the back wheel ( like speeding , blowin red lights and all the other fun stuff ) i beat it cause i showed them the film and proved i didnt break any laws THE COP WAS PISSED...:LOL

MsgAdams 08-07-2007 05:23 AM

[quote=E-BRAKE;2880495]check your local laws , cause i got a wreckless and beat it in court cause under indiana law its not illegal to wheelie as long as you dont break any laws while on the back wheel ( like speeding , blowin red lights and all the other fun stuff ) i beat it cause i showed them the film and proved i didnt break any laws THE COP WAS PISSED...:LOL[/quote]

That is friggin sweet!

aaronloi 08-07-2007 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=SICmestizoRider;2880018]yea that was a once in a lifetime opportunity... :LOL

best part was the cop was encouragin me to do it and take pics like that. he just wouldnt let me do a whoolie and park it on there. he didnt want me to dent the hood. oh well. it was still worth it :YEAH[/QUOTE]

You got a larger picture of that? :apimp

JoeR1 08-07-2007 07:11 AM

That fast tags kit is only good when you know whats up...if it's an off duty you won't know until its too late...I have a fender elimenater kit and have since "accidently" bent my plate way up

Rocktigod 08-07-2007 08:00 AM

Do not sweat it one lil bit! You coulda called the cops on him ! It is actually a class a misdeameanor for that sh*thead to identify himself as a cop and NOT show id an badge. If it was an off duty cop , he would have flashed the badge an made u wait for a uniformed officer to show up.

FrankieG 08-07-2007 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Rocktigod;2880573]Do not sweat it one lil bit! You coulda called the cops on him ! It is actually a class a misdeameanor for that sh*thead to identify himself as a cop and NOT show id an badge. If it was an off duty cop , he would have flashed the badge an made u wait for a uniformed officer to show up.[/QUOTE]

NO! You are WAY off...

FrankieG 08-07-2007 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=E-BRAKE;2880495]check your local laws , cause i got a wreckless and beat it in court cause under indiana law its not illegal to wheelie as long as you dont break any laws while on the back wheel ( like speeding , blowin red lights and all the other fun stuff ) i beat it cause i showed them the film and proved i didnt break any laws THE COP WAS PISSED...:LOL[/QUOTE]

All court cases are recorded by a court reporter, can you get a copy and a copy of the ruling it could help other(s) if they can reference it in court....

Dark_Magus636 08-07-2007 09:04 AM

Had some guy try to chase me in his truck one day. Got on the highway in front of him picked it up rode it about 1/4 to the S curve into downtown. Going through the cornors I can see this jackass try'n to catch up to me(you know what I mean). So I stay to the left coming up on the interchange then dip off to the right he swerved to try and follow me then we got seperate by a median at which point he starts slown down and I can tell hes yellin somethin shakin his fist, pointing. It was hilarous I just looked at him and shrugged lol. Did I mention the next exit was the main jail, cop shop, and state trooper out post around shift change in the AM..... oops:LOL glad my plates tucked up too

[T-Roy] 08-07-2007 09:06 AM

[quote=FrankieG;2880165]Let's get it straight! Not off Duty!!!!! Undercover!

Broward sheriff's deputy shot, suspect in custody 8/6/06

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — A Broward County sheriff's deputy is in critical condition today after being shot by a motorcyclist he pulled over in a routine traffic stop.

Authorities say the plainclothes deputy stopped the motorist just before noon in Hollywood, but the suspect fled on foot, then turned around and shot the deputy.

The officer's name hasn't been released. Neither has the name of the suspect, who was arrested moments after the shooting at a nearby condominium.

Nearly a dozen officers and rescue workers helped load the deputy onto a stretcher headed to Memorial Regional Hospital. And dozens of marked and unmarked patrol cars surrounded the scene.

Investigators closed off a road in the area and are looking for evidence.[/quote]

that shit says '06 but it was in Broward prolly the same incident just a typo