Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   How are most consistant with circles?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/173382-how-most-consistant-circles.html)

THORPE 11-08-2006 11:44 PM

How are most consistant with circles??

What's your best technique for circles to the left without a HB?

I see different people do circles different ways, Some people go in on idle and turn in and seem to just keep it on idle the hole time maybe blipping every now & then.

Other people go in fast and turn it in but it looks like they are back farther going in & then they're gas brake gas brake gas brake......

Iv'e tried them both ways and I get about the same result either way, I can get in about 3-4 top without having to put it down because of either nearly highsiding or letting it get too low and just pulling the clutch.

I remember the Gorka Woods vid saying to dip it in, accelerate up, dip in etc.

Then I talked to Steve with SF and he says he goes in idle and tries to keep it going smooth not much brake kinda like a NTH.

I just want to be consistant and smooth and I'm gettin a little frustrated gettin it on lock.

SCOTT_Chychul 11-09-2006 12:23 AM

Re: How are most consistant with circles??

Practise.. Well i can tell you that speed is your friend.. Its alot easier to dump off some extra speed then it is to gain it when your going slow.. **** idle give it some gas.. Just stay smooth and practice alot..

THORPE 11-09-2006 01:08 AM

So dip it in.....accelaerate or the just smoothness?

ssteve 11-09-2006 01:10 AM

Is it easier to be smooth with your left foot on the seat or the passenger peg?

THORPE 11-09-2006 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=ssteve]Is it easier to be smooth with your left foot on the seat or the passenger peg?[/QUOTE]

It's easier for me to be smooth on the peg but I can throw the bike around better with my foot in the seat.

old man roger 11-09-2006 01:15 AM

it is gonna be smooth if your on idle ....your not chopping the throttle

THORPE 11-09-2006 01:35 AM

[QUOTE=old man roger]it is gonna be smooth if your on idle ....your not chopping the throttle[/QUOTE]

So i guess I need to focus more on keeping it in the circle with body positioning and speed & just keep the height as steady as possible like when doing a no hander ?

Steve watched me try a few weeks ago and he said I was using too much brake and needed to keep my front a little lower and that helped alot.
Now I just nudge the brake when I need it but mostly blip the throttle slightly when it feels like it wants to highside.
Does that sound like the right direction?

Kaneone 11-09-2006 05:32 AM

idle this...

-kane

MikeM 11-09-2006 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=Kaneone]idle this...

-kane[/QUOTE]
idle what?

-tom

ELOPEZ636 11-09-2006 07:01 AM

kane means f u k k tha idle use tha throttle

shky4 11-09-2006 09:34 AM

Man Frankie, I didn't know you were that far along in circles. Thats awesome. I didn't know you weren't supposed to try to idle throught the circles either.
Maybe that's why I can only get 76 circles at a time.:LOL

shky4 11-09-2006 09:35 AM

oh yeah, I'm Beau from Jackson.
I can't remember if you know my stuntlife name.

Matt Gorka 11-09-2006 11:50 AM

If you want to just do it, turn the idle up to where it pulls the bike up in the event you hit the brake too much and all you have to do is let off the brake to bring it back. The technique we speak about in the video is the only way to do it.....when you get smooth, you don't notice that you're actually doing the same thing we illustrate, only much, much smaller movements to the point where it feels like you're cruising around in a circle. Then, when you get that down, turn your idle back down to 800rpm and learn throttle control so you're not riding around the spot at 4 grand. If you get good at clutching it up and locking your throttle with your hand, you can keep it just as smooth, if not smoother than with the idle up.....Plus it will make you look like a hero to the idle junkies who have no throttle control :)

mikkee 11-09-2006 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=SCOTT_Chychul]Practise.. Well i can tell you that speed is your friend.. Its alot easier to dump off some extra speed then it is to gain it when your going slow.. **** idle give it some gas.. Just stay smooth and practice alot..[/QUOTE]

+1

And most of it is mental so getting frustrated isn't going to help you, just go out there with confidence, have fun and they'll get better.:2cents

SCOTT_Chychul 11-09-2006 11:57 AM

Gorka you odviously know more about this shit then i do, but telling someone that is trying to learn and can only do 4 to turn down their idle to 800, seems like something i'd do to someone that pissed me off, and i wanted to see them highside their bike in a nasty way. :shruggs

Joker 11-09-2006 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=SCOTT_Chychul]Gorka you odviously know more about this shit then i do, but telling someone that is trying to learn and can only do 4 to turn down their idle to 800, seems like something i'd do to someone that pissed me off, and i wanted to see them highside their bike in a nasty way. :shruggs[/QUOTE]

I think he said turn it down after he gets idle circles on lock :shruggs

Matt Gorka 11-09-2006 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=SCOTT_Chychul]Gorka you odviously know more about this shit then i do, but telling someone that is trying to learn and can only do 4 to turn down their idle to 800, seems like something i'd do to someone that pissed me off, and i wanted to see them highside their bike in a nasty way. :shruggs[/QUOTE]

Re-read my post, homie. I said after you get it down, go back and learn it with the idle turned down so you look cool. It's all about looking cool, isn't it? :) You are right though.

I busted the idle screw off my rr and was forced to do it without the idle up. I'm probably smoother now than I've ever been because of it.

JohnnyP 11-09-2006 12:04 PM

I used to use alot of idle when I was learning them and try and just keep them smoothly going around with the brake and idle. Ive now started to get more comfortable with the gas, and I am getting more turns, tighter, faster, and more fun out of my circles.....

+1 for gas gas gas

SCOTT_Chychul 11-09-2006 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Gorka]Re-read my post, homie. I said after you get it down, go back and learn it with the throttle turned down so you look cool. It's all about looking cool, isn't it? :)

I busted the idle screw off my rr and was forced to do it without the idle up. I'm probably smoother now than I've ever been because of it.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes,, how foolish of me.. Im workin on my first cup of coffee here. Give me a break.

old man roger 11-09-2006 12:24 PM

D O N T... Q U E S T I O N ....t H E ...g O R K A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!