Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Stunting In X-games (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/164216-stunting-x-games.html)

Angrish 07-21-2006 06:16 PM

Re: Stunting In X-games

[QUOTE=stover720]wow all you haters saying that stunting shouldnt be in x-games and that it would kill the sport... your FU(KING RETARDED!!!! that would be the best thing possible for the sport of stunting... it would make it more main stream.. bring in a TON of sponsors... bring more people to the sport and to stunt events...

it defenitly fits into the scene of x-games... look at flatland bike... same thing but its way more fun to watch people do it on a motorcycles... x-games is known for trying out new sports... look at the winter down hill mountain biking...lougeing(spelled worng)... moto high jump... moto x big air just got on like 4 years ago and now its HUGE.. theyre down for trying out new xtreme sports... people just have to push sponsors into talking to them...

and if you truly love the sport of stunting... how could you be upset if it got more mainstream... so what if theres a bunch of young kids out there all of a sudden... it doesnt matter if your 16 or 30.. whoevers got the skill deserves the respect...anything that brings more people to a sport makes the sport better because you get new styles, tricks and creativity..

i think it would be awsome... people just need to start pushing things.. things dont happen on there own.. the people invovled in the sport have to make things happen[/QUOTE]

Get a bike then talk shit.

Angrish 07-21-2006 06:17 PM

J/K ^^^^^^^^^^^^come on thats funny

sdfkillz 07-21-2006 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=stover720]wow all you haters saying that stunting shouldnt be in x-games and that it would kill the sport... your FU(KING RETARDED!!!! that would be the best thing possible for the sport of stunting... it would make it more main stream.. bring in a TON of sponsors... bring more people to the sport and to stunt events...

it defenitly fits into the scene of x-games... look at flatland bike... same thing but its way more fun to watch people do it on a motorcycles... x-games is known for trying out new sports... look at the winter down hill mountain biking...lougeing(spelled worng)... moto high jump... moto x big air just got on like 4 years ago and now its HUGE.. theyre down for trying out new xtreme sports... people just have to push sponsors into talking to them...

and if you truly love the sport of stunting... how could you be upset if it got more mainstream... so what if theres a bunch of young kids out there all of a sudden... it doesnt matter if your 16 or 30.. whoevers got the skill deserves the respect...anything that brings more people to a sport makes the sport better because you get new styles, tricks and creativity..

i think it would be awsome... people just need to start pushing things.. things dont happen on there own.. the people invovled in the sport have to make things happen[/QUOTE]
flat land bicycling didnt last long in the x games did it? cuz no one gives a shit. its not about hate, its about love. add money and corporate sponsors that have nothing to do with stunting(ie. mountain dew) and are only in it for the money and you lose the love. i wouldnt get upset if it got into the x games. i would still stunt bikes on the street and in the lots while it went there and for a long time after it was used up like a whore by the x games and dropped off by the curb just like theyve done to many so called extreme sports. btw shut up youre a fag.

stover720 07-21-2006 06:24 PM

oh btw i sold my bike and am buying a bike i can completely set up for stunting... since i am gonna treat it as a SPORT...

stover720 07-21-2006 06:27 PM

like i said all you haters... your the type of people that think there top shit cause you call yourselves stunters... and you think its cool and badass cause not many do it and you think your underground...

anyone that truly thinks of stunting as a sport would want it to grow...

sdfkillz 07-21-2006 06:31 PM

bikes already come set up for stunting. clutch throttle and break is all you need.

GSWITCH33 07-21-2006 06:36 PM

definitely leave stunt biking in the streets. I believe it would kill the soul of street riders.

$$$$DINO$$$$ 07-21-2006 06:36 PM

there was a pool on uponone about this

$$$$DINO$$$$ 07-21-2006 06:41 PM

honda should make a stunt bike and sell it they would make a lot of money

sdfkillz 07-21-2006 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=$$$$DINO$$$$]honda should make a stunt bike and sell it they would make a lot of money[/QUOTE]im not sure if honda would see that as a smart idea for like making a bike thats made to be registered on the streets and also to do stunts. it would be sweet though if they had a bike with durabiliy in mind instead of being lighter like all the new bikes that are comming out.

teva 07-21-2006 07:05 PM

I don't know about ya'll , but I would like to make a living at this chit... either X-games... B-games... what-ever..........

Vetter 07-21-2006 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=Angrish]Get a bike then talk shit.[/QUOTE]

+124234856

TheRomanSF415x 07-21-2006 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=Angrish]Get a bike then talk shit.[/QUOTE]

:cheers :cheers

Venom600 07-21-2006 07:56 PM

What if it wasnt X-Games. What if our sport just grew in some way, reaching out to more people, but not just the people that watch X Games. ( 10 year olds,ect.) How many people think that would be good? By growing, I mean more events, fans, and possibly motorcycle related company sponsors.

sdfkillz 07-21-2006 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=Venom600]What if it wasnt X-Games. What if our sport just grew in some way, reaching out to more people, but not just the people that watch X Games. ( 10 year olds,ect.) How many people think that would be good? By growing, I mean more events, fans, and possibly motorcycle related company sponsors.[/QUOTE]
it is growing like that already, riding is already progressing at an extremely fast pace. look at where things were 4 years ago and how far the level of riding has risen. ppl just need to stop trying to make stunting a circus side show act. just ride and have fun and let things happen as they will.

Venom600 07-21-2006 08:09 PM

I agree to that.

TheRomanSF415x 07-21-2006 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=sdfkillz]it is growing like that already, riding is already progressing at an extremely fast pace. look at where things were 4 years ago and how far the level of riding has risen. ppl just need to stop trying to make stunting a circus side show act. just ride and have fun and let things happen as they will.[/QUOTE]

ya just ride around town hit up wheelies do all the tricks on the streets and you'll get something out of it right... ??

hell no

its the guys out there traveling doing shows going overseas sellin dvds instead of just having fun they take that shit seriously.. they have fun when they ride at a show or whatever but that shit aint a joke if youre talking about making it into a sport then it wont be fun

Venom600 07-21-2006 08:16 PM

I would love to perform in front of people that can look and say," Wow thats really good." Its nice when someone compliments you on your stunting, but I wouldnt go as far as making it a buisness.

sdfkillz 07-21-2006 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=TheRomanSF415x]ya just ride around town hit up wheelies do all the tricks on the streets and you'll get something out of it right... ??

hell no

its the guys out there traveling doing shows going overseas sellin dvds instead of just having fun they take that shit seriously.. they have fun when they ride at a show or whatever but that shit aint a joke if youre talking about making it into a sport then it wont be fun[/QUOTE]
thats what i mean by let things happen as they will. there are ppl out there obviously that are making a living doing stunt shows and fueling the growth of stunting. my personal reasons for riding arent to get anything out of it more than the happyness i get to just ride, on the streets or in a lot. thats all i need from stunting. for the guys out there that are traveling the country and world doing shows, much respect. for the asswhipes that dont even own a bike saying "lets get this on the x-games", you are idiots.

$$$$DINO$$$$ 07-21-2006 08:36 PM

[quote=sdfkillz]im not sure if honda would see that as a smart idea for like making a bike thats made to be registered on the streets and also to do stunts. it would be sweet though if they had a bike with durabiliy in mind instead of being lighter like all the new bikes that are comming out.[/quote]well the make the ones that are for raceing for the streets!