Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/174-fiddy-tech-help-how)
-   -   Kitaco 88cc Bore kit popping noise like timming is off? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/174-fiddy-tech-help-how/76779-kitaco-88cc-bore-kit.html)

imprezawd 06-03-2004 03:34 PM

Kitaco 88cc Bore kit popping noise like timming is off?

I have installed 1-2 bore kits before. For some reason i can not get this Kitaco 88 cc with stock head and intake. My takegawa ran great untill someone stole my FIDDY !! It was pimped out!!
But i can get this running and idleing but any high revs the intake sounds like its popping and snapping!! I have the timming on point! What the hell is going on

Please help me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imprezawd 06-03-2004 03:35 PM

Re: Kitaco 88cc Bore kit popping noise like timming is off?

Oh yea i have cam too and valve lash seems to be adjusted just fine. I have no idea whats going on. I also think when it pops and snaps the intake shoots out oil I think?? :shruggs :shruggs :shruggs

imprezawd 06-03-2004 06:51 PM

Yo please help guys. I cant see what else is causing this???

fab5fiddy 06-03-2004 09:10 PM

carb adjustment? ground wire above air cleaner tight?

imprezawd 06-04-2004 12:01 AM

i Have the needle 2nd from the bottom and 1 1/2 turns out ? Perfect setup? I dont se whats going on. I I juat installed the kit again and same shit. This time wiht the valves a little loose.
i dont see whats going on. It feels like its hitting the rev limiter but no way this early. NO way my stock fiddy would blow this thing away!!
Would gaskets or anything create this problem?

fab5fiddy 06-04-2004 05:40 AM

sounds like the ground is loose.

KBs900 06-04-2004 10:54 AM

That same thing happened to my buddy's fiddy. When I took it apart, the guy who installed the big bore forgot to put a couple of the locator dowels back in the head and cyl. It ended up shifting the head and blowing the head gasket. Even if the pins are right, I have seen the head gasket blow with the same kind of noise. Check that maybe

HurricaneF2 06-04-2004 06:00 PM

maybe its too lean if its popping like that

imprezawd 06-05-2004 06:14 PM

OK I found the Problem!!
The small dowel washer like between the cam and the cam sprocket i had missing !! I am such a idiot!! Well I got my fiddy up and running !! Time to start killing it!!

Thanks for the help!!!

Jimbo7 06-18-2004 03:43 PM

Mine did the same thing till I jetted it down (leaner). It could also be valve float if its revving high.

crf50racer 07-04-2004 02:18 AM

[QUOTE=Jimbo7]Mine did the same thing till I jetted it down (leaner). It could also be valve float if its revving high.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. If you are on top end and your bike seems like its hitting the limiter, even with a rev box installed you are running rich. A very common problem when installing a bore kit. WE here about it daily.