Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   Stoppie Pointers for fiddys plz!!! (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/262425-stoppie-pointers-fiddys-plz.html)

FiveStarSky 08-27-2009 04:12 PM

Re: Stoppie Pointers for fiddys plz!!!

[QUOTE=J150;4100951]yeah 50 are just spring loaded[/QUOTE]

My lil YSR is spring loaded too, just fill the forks with oil. It makes the front end stiff as a rock, but it helps throw the weight of the bike forwards when your stopping.

You dont have to fill them all the way either, remember your gonna have some air in the tubes as well, that will also be compressed and still give it a little absobancy (sp?) Only bad thing about doing this is your fork seals will wear out faster than normal.

Jack Cooke 08-27-2009 11:34 PM

just contact ryan moore and he might be able to make you a set to fit your bars
[FONT=Tahoma][EMAIL="info@esd-mfg.com"]info@esd-mfg.com[/EMAIL] he just made me a set for my protaper bars[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]and there is no way you can put oil in crf/xr 50 forks is is only grease.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]if you don't have them already get a set of hd fork springs[/FONT]
[URL]http://www.esd-mfg.com/50stunt/suspension_frt_springs.htm[/URL]
delrin bushings also help
[URL]http://www.esd-mfg.com/50stunt/suspension_fork_bushings.htm[/URL]

Ju-C 09-21-2009 09:08 AM

So I bent one of my fork yesterday :yeah The crash was awesome!!!! I am so proud ....lol

Tanus! I installed the ruckus Brake arm and the difference is amazing for 10$ yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

702BOYZ 09-21-2009 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
this is some pics of me on the fiddy doing endos.

[ATTACH]262375[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]262376[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]262377[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]262378[/ATTACH]

Ju-C 09-21-2009 12:38 PM

mmm...I see you sit closer to the front....I have made note of this...

702BOYZ 09-21-2009 04:07 PM

the closer to the front the better to lift the front. That Rukus arm brake will help you. I have one on that bike. It is helps soooooooooooo much.

stick1300 09-21-2009 04:14 PM

I sit more near the back of the seat. I feel like I'm going to go over the front at any time when I try to roll them sitting at the front. It's all preference though

FiveStarSky 09-21-2009 05:12 PM

on topic, i have a problem, I can stop and bring the rear up just fine, but as soon as i drop the brake to start rolling, the bike drops down instead of moving forward.

I think it may be my tires though, they are old race slicks and if bite too hard on the front wheel starts to slide/skid instead of gripping the road while going above 15mph or so.

I have new tires on order, so maybe that will help my problem?

its on a YSR50 with disk brakes though, the brakes are strong enough to bring it up (i have even looped it trying to get it to roll) I guess i just need to get good tires on and go a little faster?

702BOYZ 09-21-2009 05:26 PM

yeah. It all depends on what you doing. a rolling endo/stoppie i sit more near the middle and when i just do a endo/stoppie i came close to the front.

Ju-C That is how I learned to do a wheelie. your videos is exactly how i started untill i felt more comfortable doing a wheelie. And it is true what they say

Practice, Practice and Practice some more. I used to Practice till my arms where sore or i would break a lever. One of those two usually made me stop riding. But all in the end its all worth it.

stick1300 09-21-2009 05:28 PM

Sounds like you need to bring it higher. You might also be relying on the brakes too much to bring it up. You should be using like 90% body english and 10% brake. Using less brake and getting it up higher faster will lead to rolling further.

702BOYZ 09-21-2009 05:33 PM

[quote=FiveStarSky;4133811]on topic, i have a problem, I can stop and bring the rear up just fine, but as soon as i drop the brake to start rolling, the bike drops down instead of moving forward.

I think it may be my tires though, they are old race slicks and if bite too hard on the front wheel starts to slide/skid instead of gripping the road while going above 15mph or so.

I have new tires on order, so maybe that will help my problem?

its on a YSR50 with disk brakes though, the brakes are strong enough to bring it up (i have even looped it trying to get it to roll) I guess i just need to get good tires on and go a little faster?[/quote]

I would just keep going a little bit faster and play with the lever. When i started rolling endos I would get it up and just roll it for like 2-10ft. Once I got more comfortable I would bring it up in higher speeds and then I would do the endo and roll it.

You should not have any problems with your disc setup. if you still not sure. You can always play with your brake and make it softer or stiffer.

stick1300 09-21-2009 05:37 PM

^Agreed. Getting your brake feel dialed in to the way that's most effective for you makes a BIG difference.

FiveStarSky 09-24-2009 10:57 AM

okay, the ysr's dont have adjustable brake levers, so i cant really make it any softer/harder. The brakes are fine, i rebuilt them at the beginning of summer, although i'm sure a SS brake line wouldnt hurt. I should be getting my tires in today so this weekend i'll see what i can do.

Ju-C 09-24-2009 11:43 AM

:nono[quote=702BOYZ;4133684]the closer to the front the better to lift the front. That Rukus arm brake will help you. I have one on that bike. It is helps soooooooooooo much.[/quote]

[quote=702BOYZ;4133825]yeah. It all depends on what you doing. a rolling endo/stoppie i sit more near the middle and when i just do a endo/stoppie i came close to the front.

Ju-C That is how I learned to do a wheelie. your videos is exactly how i started untill i felt more comfortable doing a wheelie. And it is true what they say

Practice, Practice and Practice some more. I used to Practice till my arms where sore or i would break a lever. One of those two usually made me stop riding. But all in the end its all worth it.[/quote]

I just installed the ruckus brake arm and, sweet mother of all that is good and pure, I love it! I can actually stop with the brakes now :LOL

Also I just ordered the Phase 1 Stunt Kit from Ryan and ordered 2 ASV "unbreakable" levers so hopefully i wont brake any more levers!! :cheers

[quote=stick1300;4133702]I sit more near the back of the seat. I feel like I'm going to go over the front at any time when I try to roll them sitting at the front. It's all preference though[/quote]

If I sit too forward it harder to bail if i go to high....right now all I have to do is basically spread my legs ( don't make jokes :nono) and let the bike crash....its usually a very funny sight!

FiveStarSky 09-24-2009 09:45 PM

hey thanks guys, I got my new tires on my YSR, and it made a world of difference, Best i did today was probably 2', but it wasent very good, the rear tire was only a few inches off the ground, but i'm working on it.

but man, bringing the rear up pinged in 3rd gear on my ysr is pretty scary, I'll try to post up some pics or video soon.

cbrkid 09-25-2009 05:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
endos are one thing i can do on my 50 that i dont see too many other ppl try. my advise is grow some balls loose your brain and go realy fast squeeze your brake realy hard and pray you dont go over the bars hahaha.
[ATTACH]262078[/ATTACH]
and loosing your shirt deffinatly helps hahahah (warning sunglasses needed)
[ATTACH]262079[/ATTACH]

o try 12 bars haha
[ATTACH]262080[/ATTACH]

No shirt = skill + 1,000,000 more motivation to not fuck up hahah

Ju-C 09-25-2009 08:41 AM

:lol:lol:lol

shanky 10-01-2009 01:55 PM

Hi
my name is shanky and i m riding yahama fz16 165 cc bike. I m a beginner and recently i learned to do stoppie. Now i want to try for long stoppies how can i do it...

Ju-C 10-01-2009 02:08 PM

[quote=shanky;4146514]Hi
my name is shanky and i m riding yahama fz16 165 cc bike. I m a beginner and recently i learned to do stoppie. Now i want to try for long stoppies how can i do it...[/quote]

Well the guys gave a bunch of advices above for long stoppies....:shruggs
don't ask me...im a :squid

Jack Cooke 10-01-2009 06:27 PM

[quote=shanky;4146514]Hi
my name is shanky and i m riding yahama fz16 165 cc bike. I m a beginner and recently i learned to do stoppie. Now i want to try for long stoppies how can i do it...[/quote]

lots of speed and use your body more then brake to pop it up
post some pics of the bike. i am interested what it looks like.