Stoppie Pointers for fiddys plz!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

Ju-C will become famous soon enoughJu-C will become famous soon enough
Stoppie Pointers for fiddys plz!!!

Hi,

Ok I used seach and also browsed youtube and beside really cool videos I didnt find anything useful...
Any pointer for doing a stoppie on a fiddy. From what I gather I need to pick up some speed...apply the front brake and put weight on the front?
Can we go into details please? My front brake is pretty weak to start with (compared to the R6 that is) How exaclty are you suppose to shift the weight to the front....

Help

thks

-Juice
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM

underoath207 is a decent person
Re: Stoppie Pointers for fiddys plz!!!

This is B0arder606...to answer your ?

just push your body to the front of the bike, pull the brake and lean forwards all at once....and ***** lots of *****.

This is the technique i use and ive been rolling 20-25' consistently
Old 08-20-2009, 03:44 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

lose your shirt ASAP...youll pick up 10-15 feet IMMEDIATELY....post pics too....
Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

bwahahaha I don't have any ***** dude!!!! ok so lean forward all at once !!! That's it? whats 20-25? what happend to your other id/profile? I hear many says to keep your arm straight/tensed when speaking of stoppie on big bikes...does it appply here to? Also which gear? 1 st fast enough?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM

sik954rr is a decent person

20 -25 im guessing is the feet he rolls, and im with loogie, deff lose the shirt and u will be rolling stoppies in no time
Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

Originally Posted by sik954rr
20 -25 im guessing is the feet he rolls, and im with loogie, deff lose the shirt and u will be rolling stoppies in no time

seriously... i'm on my own for these ones....
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea i mean 20ft to 25ft...there was the little ' indicating that....

Anyway lock your arms and put your crotch up by the take lean forward and pull the brake.

and try not to loop cause its painful when a 50 lands on you
Old 08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

practice practice loop practice some more ..... 1st is not fast enough on a 50 3rd pinned .. i was rollin 120'-130' a few years ago on a stock fitty with bars and a 88 kit .. Hap from KC was rollin over 250' on a stock 50 with bars .. just practice practice practice things happen alot faster on a 10in wheel ...

here's a little inspiration .... mitch adams rollin over 300' on a pit bike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByjxtU-wUU
Old 08-20-2009, 06:00 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

with the stock brake setup you gotta bounce & jerk your body forward(hard to explain) to pop it up,which is inconsistant. Add a extended brake arm and it will make it come up alot easier,with only a small bounce. you can get a stock honda ruckus front brake arm for 10 bucks at a honda dealer,its a 1/2 inch longer than the stock 50 one

300ft is nuts, in fact, just a 100ft is nuts,haha
Old 08-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

3rd gear?! = scary

Last edited by Ju-C; 08-20-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

did you try the shirt off trick yet ? worked for me
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea over 50 feet is nuts...even floating them i cant see the speed to go 300' with a stock setup. Maybe some solid forks, disc brakes and a 150 motor pinned 4th gear haha.

Floating is scary as hell. i do it everyonce in a while and end up putting my feet out.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
with the stock brake setup you gotta bounce & jerk your body forward(hard to explain) to pop it up,which is inconsistant. Add a extended brake arm and it will make it come up alot easier,with only a small bounce. you can get a stock honda ruckus front brake arm for 10 bucks at a honda dealer,its a 1/2 inch longer than the stock 50 one

that actually reminds me (its been so long since i had a 50) what i did for a while and it was pretty nice was ....i put a full sized cable brake lever off a older model 250cc and it gives u a ton of leverage makes it come up alot nicer ... im sure u could just use a full size clutch lever and just flip it upside down ... king tony has a easy pull flipped for his front brakes on his 50 ... so between the the longer lever and extended brake arm i bet u could have some baller front brakes ....
Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Stuntride Subscriber

Originally Posted by *Tanus*

So this is what you are talking about?
http://www.esd-mfg.com/50stunt/controls_brake_arm.htm

I called the local Honda Powerhouse and they don't carry it

Man 50 stunt is gonna make money with me...
So far on my shopping list : Rear brake set-up, Stunt Pegs (bmx don't fit) and now the brake arm...

Also is it worth it to go all out and get the disc brake assembly? it looks like you have to change the whole wheel which can be costly...
Old 08-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ju-C
So this is what you are talking about?
http://www.esd-mfg.com/50stunt/controls_brake_arm.htm

I called the local Honda Powerhouse and they don't carry it

Man 50 stunt is gonna make money with me...
So far on my shopping list : Rear brake set-up, Stunt Pegs (bmx don't fit) and now the brake arm...

Also is it worth it to go all out and get the disc brake assembly? it looks like you have to change the whole wheel which can be costly...

Honda carries the stock Ruckus part which is similar, if you want the ESD one just order online from the link you posted
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Honda carries the stock Ruckus part which is similar, if you want the ESD one just order online from the link you posted
yeah....I think i am going to order everything at once since he is charging 40$ for shipping to Canada for all 3 pieces...

anything else I may need while we are at it??

When dudes were telling they had drop hundreds/thousand of dollards on a 1000$ bike I didn't get it...I see now...

I'll try the weird bounce/yanking technique Tanus mentionned in the meantime....geeeezzzz
Old 08-21-2009, 12:11 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

yo juice...did you try the shirtless/braless technique yet????try it....its $$$$$
Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

I'm with Tanus, it's almost all weight transfer. The stock brakes are really strong enough to pick you up on their own so you've got to throw your weight pretty hard to get the tail moving up. I come in pretty hot, give it a small bounce, as the shock rebounds I throw forward, and grab a handful of brake. You need to pick it up pretty high from the start then just make small adjustments from there.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Stuntride Subscriber

Originally Posted by stick1300
I'm with Tanus, it's almost all weight transfer. The stock brakes are really strong enough to pick you up on their own so you've got to throw your weight pretty hard to get the tail moving up. I come in pretty hot, give it a small bounce, as the shock rebounds I throw forward, and grab a handful of brake. You need to pick it up pretty high from the start then just make small adjustments from there.

so BRAKE & BOUNCE or BOUNCE then BRake?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ju-C
BOUNCE then BRake
that one,its all about timing, thats what makes it inconsistant. for the brake arm, just go to the honda dealer and tell them you wanna order "a 2005 honda ruckus front brake arm" should be 8-12 bucks,looks like a 2 inch metal bracket

Quick Reply: Stoppie Pointers for fiddys plz!!!