Vertical Mischief Crew Photo Gallery
www.verticalmischief.com
Wisconsin

***RIP*** Clique Rider - Mario Calvin

Old 06-10-2008, 11:06 PM

Silver Fox is a decent person
***RIP*** Clique Rider - Mario Calvin

All, I just got a phone call from a friend of mind. Mario Calvin of Beloit was just killed in a motorcycle accident. I don't know all of the details yet. However, from where my house is in Beloit, I heard the bikes and the collision as my windows were open. It didn't sound pretty and I immediately starting calling around looking for answers only to find out that it was Mario.

To anyone that knows Mario, he was a real good guy and was always buddies with any other biker.

Mario is leaving behind 2 young children. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 PM

shepdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ***RIP*** Clique Rider - Mario Calvin

ya thats sad, i didnt know him presonally, but i remember him from when we hung out at lions........he was a good **** every time i talked with him.

RIP

keep us posted buddy and if there is anything set up for his family let us know!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:28 PM

Silver Fox is a decent person

I sure will. Hopefully we will ride in his memory.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 PM

Miltonave.com is an unknown quantity at this point

holy **** I just read that on the gazette. thought I would jump on here to see if there was more info...

Bud, Is this the mario that I am thinking of, short black guy, rode a FZR1000 back in the day and then had a GSXR1000 stolen in South Carolina a couple years ago, worked at GM???? Please tell me this is not him!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

R.I.P. Sucks to hear about a biker passing.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:24 AM
I hate wallabies.

KangarooJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miltonave.com
Bud, Is this the mario that I am thinking of, short black guy, rode a FZR1000 back in the day and then had a GSXR1000 stolen in South Carolina a couple years ago, worked at GM???? Please tell me this is not him!
Yes that Mario.

Was talking to Mike (yellow ducati) tonight when I got home and he told me about this. They know Mario pretty well. I've only met him every so often at Lions and in Beloit a few times.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:25 AM

MartyB is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea this is bad news.. didnt know him really well but the times ive talked to him... lions, dirt drags on rides he was cool his boy is a great rider for his age as well.

all i heard was he was racing on cranston and collided at 100mph+ with no gear.

RIP and prayers to his wife, kids friends and family.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:53 AM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

R.i.p.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 AM

K2MX22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: ***RIP*** Clique Rider - Mario Calvin

Yeah, I got the call at about 11:30 last night, wifey was working in the E.R. and it wasn't good. She said there must have been a 100 people that came to the E.R. for him.

Mario was a good guy! I've know him since probably 99, I rode quads with him. He'll be missed by a lot of people.

Mario:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=193990573

Last edited by K2MX22; 06-11-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 AM

bmxracer is an unknown quantity at this point

R.I.P. He was a good guy. He will be missed.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Thats just unbelievable! when we were younger we would both look forward to running into eachother to ride next to each other for a 1/4 mile at a time.... he'd win one, then i would win one the next time... it went back and forth... I didn't see him for a few years and ran into him at monkey butt. he was there with his Kid. you could tell that his kid meant more than anything in the world to him. His kid beat me in the grass drags... smile from ear to ear... mario just like any other time came up to me and said good race. This guy was the most pollite person i have ever met, more respect than anyone i had met riding motorcycles...

see you at the Visitation.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM

Ninjadude is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't know the guy well, but always heard good things about him! Bad deal.

R.I.P.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM

Schiernbeck is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know him personally but I'd raced against him in a couple of drag races several years ago. He seemed like a decent guy. R.I.P.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:06 PM

CK 187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K2MX22

Thanks for posting that kyle. I wasn't sure if that's who i thought it was till i checked out the link. I remember him from "back in the day", good dude thru and thru. Genuine, kind, and easy to talk with.

Bad deal for everyone that ever knew him. He was one of those guys that made the motorcycling community better just by being around.

RIP man.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:10 PM

CK 187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Memorial rollout in honor ????

Any info ????
Old 06-11-2008, 07:25 PM

crawley is a decent person

Theres Some Info In Beloit Daily News

Last edited by crawley; 06-11-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: post twice
Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM

crawley is a decent person

Stick with me here , just putting thoughts down as they come .Mario , was one of my best friends , no , would say my best friend ! I've known him since we where in middle school . There is not one bad thing I can say about him . He was always there helping me with my bike or just to talk . Mario , was the only one I could truly trust with anything , my family , or even my life . Its just the way he was , always ready to help a friend ! I have always had some much respect for him . Give you little idea what Im talkin bout here . Mario was the only buddie , that never had hit on my wife ! Jason , Jamie , John B. you name them and they all have . Mario truly respected me as a friend . Myself I even looked up to him ( well down ) Like Jamie always said , hes sawed off , lol . I feel so bad for the kids , and little Mario is just like him , and looked up to him as king of all dads . I member the day Mario went with me to buy my rm250 , he was good with talking , he got few 100 bucks off for me . I just handed him the cash , to work his magic . He took me up to Madison to bring home my 9 . red/white/blue , some of you may member me on that . We'd ride for 10/12 hours a day every weekend . we where the first out , rounding up the guyz and most the time last to head in . And they wasnt racing , they where running , cuz dude didnt have license . and he just left him there !!!! Thats one thing Mario would never do , never leave a rider behind . I heard last night bout 11 / 11:30 , didnt get sleep cuz my mind was going mile min , thinking he was wheeling again , (thats what trashed his fzr1000 ) thinking all the times we had fighting back the tears . I just know its going to be so hard seeing every one when they put my bro to rest , I would love to speak , but know I would not make it . Some thing that Mario , I know he would want is all the guyz there on there bikes to honor him when they lay him to rest . I CANT BELEVE HIS GONE !!! I WILL MISS YOU BRO !! I WISH I MADE MORE TIME , YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY THOUGHTS ! And my heart goes out to all family and friends
Old 06-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

damn.....thats horrible for his kids R.I.P. man.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:13 PM

shepdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crawley
Stick with me here , just putting thoughts down as they come .Mario , was one of my best friends , no , would say my best friend ! I've known him since we where in middle school . There is not one bad thing I can say about him . He was always there helping me with my bike or just to talk . Mario , was the only one I could truly trust with anything , my family , or even my life . Its just the way he was , always ready to help a friend ! I have always had some much respect for him . Give you little idea what Im talkin bout here . Mario was the only buddie , that never had hit on my wife ! Jason , Jamie , John B. you name them and they all have . Mario truly respected me as a friend . Myself I even looked up to him ( well down ) Like Jamie always said , hes sawed off , lol . I feel so bad for the kids , and little Mario is just like him , and looked up to him as king of all dads . I member the day Mario went with me to buy my rm250 , he was good with talking , he got few 100 bucks off for me . I just handed him the cash , to work his magic . He took me up to Madison to bring home my 9 . red/white/blue , some of you may member me on that . We'd ride for 10/12 hours a day every weekend . we where the first out , rounding up the guyz and most the time last to head in . And they wasnt racing , they where running , cuz dude didnt have license . and he just left him there !!!! Thats one thing Mario would never do , never leave a rider behind . I heard last night bout 11 / 11:30 , didnt get sleep cuz my mind was going mile min , thinking he was wheeling again , (thats what trashed his fzr1000 ) thinking all the times we had fighting back the tears . I just know its going to be so hard seeing every one when they put my bro to rest , I would love to speak , but know I would not make it . Some thing that Mario , I know he would want is all the guyz there on there bikes to honor him when they lay him to rest . I CANT BELEVE HIS GONE !!! I WILL MISS YOU BRO !! I WISH I MADE MORE TIME , YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY THOUGHTS ! And my heart goes out to all family and friends
man im sorry to hear that, i would love to say i know what your going thru just about losing my best friend last year but he is still with us.......i do know its hard tho very hard. but he will allways be with you man in your heart in your mind and watching over you on the roads.

as negitive people think they are being when they say "oh your gonna kill yourself on that motorcycle" i love to come back with "atleast i will die doing something i love." and its a shame that he left behind a family, atleast he was doing somthing he loved..........

let us know if there is anything we can do man, some of us are gonna be gone this weekend for stuntwars, but keep in contact.....
Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM

If someone is orgainzing any type of ride to the funeral or visitation, post it. even though I just sold my Gixxer, I still have the chopper.

Quick Reply: ***RIP*** Clique Rider - Mario Calvin