Michigan Detroit

Saline/Ann Arbor Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:55 PM

Newman is an unknown quantity at this point
Saline/Ann Arbor Riders

Hey guys,
Are there any younger Saline/Ann Arbor or Washtenaw county riders down here? I ride my bike every day to school but have no one to ride with for fun. I may ride a 33 year old bike but it still tears up the twisties. Any high school/college riders down here that would want to zip around with a unusual seventeen year old?

None of my friends are allowed to buy bikes. I'm hoping somebody will want to hang with the Newmanmeister.

Newman
Old 05-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
Re: Saline/Ann Arbor Riders

You remind me when I had my first cruiser three years ago. It was an XS1100 Yamaha. That f'r was at least 650lbs alone, but I'd keep up with the lil 600's until the straight aways. Is that bike a 2 stoke? I need to know where some twisties are, and I know Ann Arbor is only 30 min max from here(I'm new to Michigan).
Old 05-25-2004, 09:37 PM

Erik,
The bike is a 4-stroke. With the modified exhaust (cough...baffles cut out...cough) I'm guessing it puts out about 50 HP. It's just around 450 pounds wet, I believe. It aint no crusier, either, hehe...it's a cafe racer. :-) Clubman handlebars (like clip-ons) give it that old-school crotch rocket look.

Mapquest says we're about an hour apart, though. I'm always up for riding half way and grabbing a burger or something. E-mail me at NewmanM4@comcast.net if you're interested. I've always wanted to see a guy pull off some stunts...since I'm going to be doing some on my own bike soon enough.

Wouldn't it be sweet to see a dude doing a flamingo on this baby?

Yeah, I thought so. :YEAH
Old 05-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Super-Thread-editor

Dude you crack me up, but I'm not going to say it's impossible either. I wheelied that old dog bike of mine too, attached a pic of it also. I know about the "modified exhaust" too, I removed mine once......was 2x louder than any harley, so I just put half of them back in :YEAH I'll probably hit you up sunday if I get the free and clear.... The thing is, I'm a flight instructor, and my schedule revolves around other peoples. I'll let you know when I get a break one day, obviously a weekend til you get your high school finished with for summer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	beast1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	80935  

Last edited by CruiserErik; 05-26-2004 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:57 PM

STchick is a decent person

lol newman what happened? thought you were hangin with mogwai? what too good for scooter trash 'groupies' lol! j/k
Old 05-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Super-Thread-editor

Originally Posted by STchick
lol newman what happened? thought you were hangin with mogwai? what too good for scooter trash 'groupies' lol! j/k
Hell, I'm up for hanging out with anyone right now. I haven't ridden a wheelie in 3 weeks. Been working my *** off, new to the area(can't find a road I even think is halfway safe to ride one on either), and looking for ppl to ride with. I'll try to make it to that thing on the 5th. I don't know the area very well.....so I get skeptical going to places w/o someone that knows where they are going when it comes to the main city.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:12 PM

Hell, I'm up for hanging out with anyone right now. I haven't ridden a wheelie in 3 weeks. Been working my *** off, new to the area(can't find a road I even think is halfway safe to ride one on either), and looking for ppl to ride with. I'll try to make it to that thing on the 5th. I don't know the area very well.....so I get skeptical going to places w/o someone that knows where they are going when it comes to the main city.
I think she was talking to me, but maybe I misread what Erik was trying to say. Hehe.

Anyway, STchick, I rode with Mogwai once and she never returned any of my calls afterward. *shrugs*
Old 05-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Originally Posted by Newman
I think she was talking to me, but maybe I misread what Erik was trying to say. Hehe.

Anyway, STchick, I rode with Mogwai once and she never returned any of my calls afterward. *shrugs*
Give her a call and bring her too The more the merrier. :YEAH
Old 05-27-2004, 08:06 PM

lol awww newman, i didn't know that. thought you guys hung out like twice or so...
Old 06-10-2004, 09:18 PM

R1FIGHTER is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Brooklyn but am in that area all the time. Always down!
Holler
Old 06-11-2004, 04:23 AM

gigantic is an unknown quantity at this point

hey newman,
show up at a2 bike night, i'm always up for strafing some apexes... u 2 eric... there's some awesome roads out here on the west side. feel free to chat me up, you can't miss me, i'm gigantic (lol) ie. 6'8" tall...
Old 06-25-2004, 12:48 AM

crrider05 is an unknown quantity at this point

HOPEFULLY.....stress the word HOPEFULLY, i will have streetbike soon and im a senior at chelsea high, ill have to hit u guys up....
Old 06-29-2004, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by crrider05
HOPEFULLY.....stress the word HOPEFULLY, i will have streetbike soon and im a senior at chelsea high, ill have to hit u guys up....
what's up homie! check us out www.scootertrashst.com
Old 06-29-2004, 08:08 PM

do you guys ever ride west of M52???
and where the hell do ya'll meet up in A2???
Old 06-30-2004, 02:19 PM

crrider05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by STchick
what's up homie! check us out www.scootertrashst.com
oh i have i own streets of chaos 2, seen it like 50 times,
Old 06-30-2004, 02:38 PM

Mogwai will become famous soon enough

Anyway, STchick, I rode with Mogwai once and she never returned any of my calls afterward. *shrugs*[/QUOTE]

Whoa there Newman, no bad feelings I hope, just that it was still 45 degrees out and it's a 50 min ride for me to go pick you up, ride around sailine area and then ride all the way home by myself. I'm always up for a ride I just have a kinda busy schedule between work and ST. If you ever feel like making the voyage to come out to one of the shows or a practice give me a call, you're more than welcome. By the way, that paint job looks Props to the Newman!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:11 PM

Mogwai,
I totally understand your situation. The only thing I wondered about was why you never returned my calls, but hey, I'm not in my twenties with a full time job!

I've had my endorsement since April and Schwartz mentioned two shows that I should have checked out, but they were either really far away or during school. If I ever hear of another one a little closer, I definitely want to see it!

Newman
Old 06-30-2004, 03:17 PM

Mogwai will become famous soon enough

Hmm...let me ponder on that, I think they have something at Washtenaw Community College in July. Ypsi isn't that far from Saline.But yeah, they're usally in either Jacson, Flint or Detroit The locals give us no respect or attention. That's what we get for living in small towns, but I feel the benifites out weigh the down falls. I'll check and post up tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Super-Thread-editor

Originally Posted by Mogwai
Hmm...let me ponder on that, I think they have something at Washtenaw Community College in July. Ypsi isn't that far from Saline.But yeah, they're usally in either Jacson, Flint or Detroit The locals give us no respect or attention. That's what we get for living in small towns, but I feel the benifites out weigh the down falls. I'll check and post up tomorrow.
I ride with anyone if I can make it. Last night(since I could sleep in today) I rode an hour to go ride. Hell yeah, I love this shiat. Newman, I'm still up for riding with ya man, just gotta get the right night to get it together. Maybe next week sometime if all goes well. My life is dictated by when my flight students sign me up(I'm a flight instructor). So it's kinda hectic.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:59 PM

So did anyone go to bike night???
opinions are like a-holes, we all have them, but I've got shout this out.
I know nobody knows me, just here me out...
In my Opinion, A2 bike night should be way better than RO. 5 minutes from downtown are some of the best twistes in southern michigan.
I've been to RO and it seems like a fashion show. Do people want to ride or just want to look pretty by their bike so they can fit the stereotype.

Quick Reply: Saline/Ann Arbor Riders