Michigan Detroit
View Poll Results: Is there a market in Michigan for an all out stunt shop?
Hell yeah, a local stunt shop with inventory would be sweet!!
32.26%
Nope, not enough market.
67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Local stunt shop or not??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:18 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough
Local stunt shop or not??

Is a stunt shop in Michigan a feasable idea? Would you buy from a local stunt shop that has an inventory over buying from catalogs and the internet? Who thinks this is a good idea? Apparel would also be involved.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Local stunt shop or not??

Think of every stunter you know in Michigan. There are about 3 more that you don't know.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:56 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
Think of every stunter you know in Michigan. There are about 3 more that you don't know.
:werd:

Besides, stunters are broke. they'd be out back, dumpster diving for throw away cages n' stuff.

Really your only chance would to become maybe an eBay reseller or something, at first. But there certainly isn't the market to support a "shop" right now.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:01 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

To give an idea.....

I want an apparel store like a PacSun but for stunters. Carry all the big name riding/stunt wear and all the DVDs. I would also like to incorporate stunt parts (oem replacements and aftermarket). I'd like to have the physical store then also do the internet/ebay thing.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:03 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
:werd:

Besides, stunters are broke. they'd be out back, dumpster diving for throw away cages n' stuff.

Really your only chance would to become maybe an eBay reseller or something, at first. But there certainly isn't the market to support a "shop" right now.
word, good idea. you would have more squids just hangin around than ppl actualy buying things
Old 03-02-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by timex
To give an idea.....

I want an apparel store like a PacSun but for stunters. Carry all the big name riding/stunt wear and all the DVDs. I would also like to incorporate stunt parts (oem replacements and aftermarket). I'd like to have the physical store then also do the internet/ebay thing.

Well, I guess Rec Leisure does OK for themselves. Clothing, helmets, gear, parts and assorted stuff....
Old 03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Well, I guess Rec Leisure does OK for themselves. Clothing, helmets, gear, parts and assorted stuff....
Hey hooker, go work on my home equity loan!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
Hey hooker, go work on my home equity loan!
The processor will be back from lunch ANY minute and she's got the quotes coming in. I say 15 minutes. I'm walking back and forth from my desk to her's every 3 minutes.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

cbr9two9guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope not enough and the climate hurt ya too.. make it stunters and performance **** that Rocky's and Great Mistakes would never have.. pipes, pc's, rearsets etc..
Old 03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Hard at work on Stuntlife

Big Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of light

You know, I've thought about this same thing.

The thing is, like Detroitstyle said, stunters are broke...
Not to mention, you know how hard it would be to make a profit? you know basically every stunter in the area, they would all be asking for deals, and if you didn't give it to them, they would be taking there business elsewhere.

However, if you are serious about this venture, and you would want a partner, hit me up, I think we could figure out a way to make it work...

Jarsh
Old 03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cbr9two9guy
Nope not enough and the climate hurt ya too.. make it stunters and performance **** that Rocky's and Great Mistakes would never have.. pipes, pc's, rearsets etc..
I agree, also you'd have to cater to the harley guys too they pay big bux for anything chrome...AKA big profit , and sell new tires so you can sell the trade ins for 10 bux apice mounted up, that would go over big with broke azz stunters...
Old 03-02-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Big Jarsh
You know, I've thought about this same thing.

The thing is, like Detroitstyle said, stunters are broke...
Not to mention, you know how hard it would be to make a profit? you know basically every stunter in the area, they would all be asking for deals, and if you didn't give it to them, they would be taking there business elsewhere.

However, if you are serious about this venture, and you would want a partner, hit me up, I think we could figure out a way to make it work...

Jarsh
Check yo PMs son.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
I agree, also you'd have to cater to the harley guys too they pay big bux for anything chrome...AKA big profit , and sell new tires so you can sell the trade ins for 10 bux apice mounted up, that would go over big with broke azz stunters...

F*ck harley's I'm not opening up a harley shop. Sport bike **** only.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Borne, its a great idea in theory, but most of the stunters have decent hookups with stuff, and parts. i would love to see it happen, but i dont think it would be possible to keep a business running, if you factor in the climate, the riding season doesnt compare to most other places, you would have a lot better chance moving to a warmer state and starting one there.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Cool as Ice...

PavementPounder is an unknown quantity at this point

F*ck harley's I'm not opening up a harley shop. Sport bike **** only.

Didn't you say in the other thread not to hate?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:28 AM
NAZ

NAZ will become famous soon enough

Is a stunt shop in Michigan a feasable idea? Would you buy from a local stunt shop that has an inventory over buying from catalogs and the internet? Who thinks this is a good idea? Apparel would also be involved.
at the shop where u met up w/ me www.csapowersports.com, we sell fi products , and we r looking to become dealers of different manufactures also in the industry
Old 03-03-2006, 09:06 AM

929ers is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be tough i think...you would have to incorporate some other stuff in there to keep it goin. Not just stunt parts. Performace parts....stuff for quads and motocross maybe...the more customers you cant reach the more profit you will make
Old 03-03-2006, 09:30 AM

Yea, talked with a few people last night and changing gears a little. Thinking more along the lines of a clothing and accessory store geared toward motorcycle riders/stunters and extreme sports. Carry all the regular riding apparel plus stunt clothing, DVDs, ect. Then once that takes off let the rest fall where it will.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:08 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

cbr9two9guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Then once that takes off let the rest fall where it will.
probably bankruptcy court
Old 03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Good idea, I don't think it would fly though.

Even the small shops that carry dirt bike appearl and street stunt stuff are having a hard go at it. As Detroit Style was saying you'd have o e-BAY stuff too.

Labor of Love ends up just being labor...

Quick Reply: Local stunt shop or not??