NorthEast Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington,D.C., West Virginia Sub-Forums: Dirty Jersey, Ronin Riders, New York, Subtle Differences, Massachusetts

Anyone Know A Good Welder Near DC

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Black Flame Racing

blackflame is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone Know A Good Welder Near DC

If you read my post
02 SV650 Broken Shifter Shaft Casing
I dropped my bike on the left side. Honestly nothing new, been practicing 12:00 and circle wheelies. Anyway I replaced the stock rearset w/ one off a R6 and custom made a shifter(dirt bike style). When the frame slider broke the shifter shaft flexed and the small part of the engine casing around the shaft cracked clean. the oil seal still holds but the case is broke. I already removed the shifter and cleaned up the area honestly its ready to be welded but I have no experience welding aluminum. I've been told if it isn't done right you could burn a whole in the case. I have my race engine but I wont put that in until next season. I have the mig welder w/ aluminum set up. But stuck there. Trying to ride this weekend.

You know Why.
I'm looking to find a welder who can come to my house in Forestville, MD.
and do the job. I have no problem paying cash. Or working it out in trade I just need it to be done right.