AC Farias

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:05 AM

Bomber#1 is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Farias

Löyty muuten tälläinen tuore haastattelu AC:sta :

Who are you and what do you do?

Antonio Carlos Farias Aznar. I was born on the 24 of may 1964 in Parana, south of Brazil. My
My father was in the army and that meant that we moved around a lot.
I have a 6 year old son and I live with my Dutch girlfriend in Spain right now.
My hobbies? Bikes of course but I also like to play music; sax, didge, harmonica and jambé even though I don´t have to much time to practise.

Worldchampion 2000, why not 2001 and 2002?

In 1999 I only participated in two rounds out of four. I didn´t participated in 2001 and 2002..
Why not?
I heard of the dates to late and I had booked another show already, but I felt not sad about it, because I was not happy with the punctuation.
But you won in 2000? Still not happy?
Yes, but the system is not right. For example; you can get a lot of points with the reaction of the public and basic skills, while I think it´s more important to earn the points with difficult tricks, style and the precision. An other thing, the european champion this year for example is very good but doesn´t make circles and no-hands wheelies while the 2nd and 3rd place went to riders who are defenitly better and make circles, wich is nowadays a must for a champion in this sport. This year I like to join a competition.. The last months I trained a lot wich you can see in my style and have new tricks.

Is there a place on the web where we can find the competition rules?

I´m busy with it, hopefully you can find my ideas on my page soon. I´m not going to send it to the organizers from the championship, but I hope they agree and change the rules so that more freestylers will like to join.

According to you, what is the next step in this sport?

I hope that in a few years this is a legal sport so that the people don´t have to train illegally on the street but have places for training. And I also hope that one or more brands will sell a bike ready for this sport. For example we will be ask to buy a kit where you can prepare your bike with for this sport.

And for you, what are your plans in the future?

Polish my style and hope I can practise this sport for a long time with my body in good condition. I´d also like to help by teaching the new upcoming riders. For example I helped make the rules for the portugese copetition and I gave classes in Japan to 8 selected riders. This winter I teach my girlfriend and my cousin things about freestyle. I enjoy the experience a lot. I also get a lot of reactions via my video, which selling good. And I hope to sale a lot of video´s from the new video wich is coming soon!

Do you think this sport comes to the same level as the Freestyle Jumping?

Yes, maybe even higher! Because this sport is less dangerous, more easy to practise but till now there are legal problems trackwise I´talking about which is a big break for this sport.

Can you describe a normal week out of your live?

During the week: after breackfast, I check my mail and do my administrative and office work. Then I cook my lunch and train with the bikes and swim. I spend two days a week with my son Ney.
On the days before and after the weekend I prepare for the travel to my show´s.

What CD is in your cd-player?

Ky-mani Marley. Reggae music is my favorite.

Do you think the big bikes are the best for stunting? Because nowadays everybody use big bikes and even the competition is with a minimum from 600CC.

Big bikes? I don´t think so. The perfect bike is the off-road because this one is easier; stronger and cheaper but the public like the big bikes and in the end that´s what we do it for.

Last word?

USE BACK BREAK!!!!!!

Last edited by Bomber#1; 12-25-2002 at 10:11 AM.