GodSpeed Extreme - GSE Photo Gallery
www.GodSpeedExtreme.net
Tampa Bay Area, Florida

Lakeland shutdown!?!

Old 03-06-2004, 01:45 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Lakeland shutdown!?!

I know I posted a link to this in a number of group forums, I want to be sure you all know what's happening.

Ok, for those that don't know yet Chris and Mike from GSE went out there this morning, saturday the 6th, and were told to leave by someone I guess that works there that had Roy on the phone with them.
Word is Roy doesn't want anyone out there on bikes cause somebody or some people were out there at some point during this week and messed with **** out there. Doing burnouts and riding on the 1st half of the track, which we know is off limits to practice with bikes cause it cost them money to prep that part of the track for the actual dragracing. Also there are possible some timing sensors used for dragracing that were messed with, mess up or destroyed, not sure which.
Not sure if there is more at this time. All the details are not in Chirs was hoping to call and talk to Roy later this afternoon. I know we aren't looking at people like the regulars that go there week in and week out. We all know better and have too much respect for the gift given by Roy to have Lakeland as a place to go whenever you deisre. Hell I haven't been there since November and I am still pissed that this actually happened.
Not sure if it'll just take some time to sort out the details or that's it and nobody will be allowed in there anymore. Still is pretty ****ed up as far as I am concerned cause Roy has been great to everyone and by someone doing this is like saying **** you to him and all the regulars riders that use Lakeland every week.
If you know who may have done this feel free to speak up cause I am sure we are all going to want to know who ****ed it up for everyone else.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:02 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lakeland shutdown!?!

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...618#post762618
Old 03-06-2004, 02:03 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

That is really FU@KED UP!!! I would love to find out who screwed with that crap. I haven't been out there in god knows how long. I was hoping to ride my bike out there for the first time on Wednesday. Hopefully I and the locals can talk to Roy and convince him otherwise. I am sure there has been tons of out of towners out there that do not know the Dragstrip rules....****....most of them are common sense just out of respect for the track.

Anybody that has been out there the past week and has some info on this be sure to post it up or PM it to us.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:51 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry 2 hear that.we lost our spot a couple of times 4 the same reasons.i hope you find out who did it and make them pay... good luck gentleman.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:20 PM

PROJECT P is an unknown quantity at this point

man that sucks that ******** dont know how to follow rules, how is an ******* going to **** up everybodys fun,,i dont know who did this but ur gay,no disrespect, but you suck...

zoltan
Old 03-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF? Did Roy say when it happened? Last time I was out there was about 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:51 PM

redlinejesse is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm not supprized at the least. There are some real ****ing dumb asses it the stunt group. Just hang out with them, in a hotel, movie theater, at the track whatever, most of them are no better than the kids I went to junior high with, matter of a fact most are worst. I have lost a lot of respect for some of the riders lately, and well this really finished it off. I know it wasn't any of the locals because that is our home and I hope Roy realises that.............all I have to say is who ever did this, if we find out....don't ever come back......you are not welcome here....ever!!!!! Oh and not that you guys give a ****, but if we keep this **** up........we will never be anybody, this sport will aways be looked at badly, we will never go anywhere, and we will never be more than creminals..........oh let me guess you have that I DONT GIVE A **** attutide. For the people that have that attutide.......I HOPE YOU GET A PEG STUCK THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!!! I would like to be reconized for my skills, so thanks this really helps!!!
Old 03-07-2004, 04:52 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

well i kinda knew this was coming. CAT and i talked to Kevin Spiker a few weeks ago and he mentioned that people were leaving trash and not cleaning up at the end of the track. how do you control this when they leave the gate open for everyone!! well it looks like we'll have to start using our key again and go out and talk to Kevin and Roy to try to smooth things over. jesse you are right. look at a lot of these guys and they don't give a rat's *** about anyone but themselves. ruins it for the rest of us.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:36 PM

xAshleyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Awwe this really sucks! I know it wasn't the locals. Lakeland is too cool to screw up like that. I hope the guy realizes that and lets the cool people back in.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:11 PM

RiPPeD is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man i dont stunt out there, but i do come out and watch you guys play. if theres anything me and our crew can do to help fix things up let us know. i have always kinda suggested trash cans "drums" be placed down at the back end of the track for everyone to utilize. Maybe what need to happen is have two cars down at the treated end of the track blocking it so that noone can or will screw up the launch surface. or start making people register and give them a lil Track pass. and if they break the rules that pass will be revoked. shrug.. that would prolly take more organizaton than the owners are willing to do. but like ya said it was more than likely some out of town panzees that think it was cool to go and ***** it up for the locals.

Dalton..
"the D.J."
Old 03-08-2004, 07:49 AM

Insane02GIXXER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RiPPeD
hey man i dont stunt out there, but i do come out and watch you guys play. if theres anything me and our crew can do to help fix things up let us know. i have always kinda suggested trash cans "drums" be placed down at the back end of the track for everyone to utilize. Maybe what need to happen is have two cars down at the treated end of the track blocking it so that noone can or will screw up the launch surface. or start making people register and give them a lil Track pass. and if they break the rules that pass will be revoked. shrug.. that would prolly take more organizaton than the owners are willing to do. but like ya said it was more than likely some out of town panzees that think it was cool to go and ***** it up for the locals.

Dalton..
"the D.J."
I think this persons on the right track. IF you can get them to let us go back out there, maybe get some rules sheets made up and passes out when you register, and get poeple to register and/or possibly even pay a small one time fee for a anual pass, that would keep alot of the azzes out. Ive only been out there a few times but it was good times. Hate to see a good LEGAL spot get ruined by the actions of a few.Anything you need, pm me.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:36 AM
MekaLekaHiMekaChineyHo

Evasiveactions1 is an unknown quantity at this point

This deffinately sucks...Hopefully Roy will let us back out there again , and if he does it needs to be like it was before, where only a select few can be out there on the track riding.I remeber when at one time only Chris from Christ is King and Steve Spong had a key to where the 2 of them and only a hand full of people were aloud to go out on the track .Now it's like everyone and their friggin mother is out there now...We never had any probelms when it was like that. And whatever happened to signing the release form everytime that we were out there? IF that would have been the case they could have pin pointed who did it that day and not let anyone who signed the sheet that day back on the track...Well I hope this gets fixxed , for the sake of haveing a great place to ride and practice without haveing to always look over your back for cops...