street legal streetfighter

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:23 AM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point
street legal streetfighter

Well, my stunt bike is up and running, all lights work, mirror mounted, and it runs...now hopefully when the state inspector takes a look at it, he will pass it and it will be street legal again!

I am thinking I might have to take the bar off to actually get it inspected though....and I still have to change out the rotors...which will be done this weekend!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:23 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: street legal streetfighter

Wow!!!! Thats the first triple seater zx6 i've ever seen!!! The b1tch in the back must have a wooden leg, cause there's only one peg for her?????
Old 09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

that bar is too low to be useful, and it's scratch free along with your cage.. but it should pass tech, tell them the 12 bar is a "bumper" incase u get hit
Old 09-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Daddy Squid

seldon929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

it looks like the movie short circuit and is that a can of wd40 on the side
Old 09-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

im telling you right now cut the tail and the bar done. those bikes have a super long tail section. sticks out past the tire. i cut mine down and wouldnt have it any other way. smacking the bar all the time sucks
Old 09-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
that bar is too low to be useful, and it's scratch free along with your cage..
Got everything done a while back, but havn't had the time to get out...only been on it a couple times. The bike sits back just a bit past 12 on the bar...don't actually plan to scrape it...it a just in case bar!

Originally Posted by seldon929rr
..is that a can of wd40 on the side
Actually Seafoam! Fuel additive...looking for sponsers!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:14 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

looks good
Old 09-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
Got everything done a while back, but havn't had the time to get out...only been on it a couple times. The bike sits back just a bit past 12 on the bar...don't actually plan to scrape it...it a just in case bar!
i rock that bike and mine barely sits past 12 with the tail cut.

youre gonna be hitting that bar alot while youre learning. tails are much more forgiving...
Old 09-08-2006, 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Vetteryoure gonna be hitting that bar alot while youre learning. tails are much more forgiving...[/QUOTE]

probably, but I can't afford to keep replacing tails. Do you have a pic of yours? Couldn't find anyone with a '00 when I was building my bar, so I made what seemed to work. Maybe this weekend I will get a pic of it on the bar to see how far back it really is...
Old 09-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
probably, but I can't afford to keep replacing tails. Do you have a pic of yours? Couldn't find anyone with a '00 when I was building my bar, so I made what seemed to work. Maybe this weekend I will get a pic of it on the bar to see how far back it really is...
replacign tails? ah whoe cares. cut it down to the subframe and it will srape the trunk at the same time. it just grinds down. they dont explode.

worry about the looks of it (i.e. replacing tails) once your killin ****. main focus on keeping $$ for required repairs that are going to be neededalong the way liek clipons, levers, clutch cable, wheels (maybe), fuses, radiator(amke sure yours is bolted up good and if i were you id brace it with the 3/8 inch wide zips too), money for a handbrake later. new tails should be the least of your worries.

but with time it will come to you. :YEAH id love to see you rock the hell out of that thing. not alot of people stunt them (cause they ****, but hey, theyre cheap and for the most part strong).
Old 09-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
...it will srape the trunk at the same time. ...

id love to see you rock the hell out of that thing. not alot of people stunt them (cause they ****, but hey, theyre cheap and for the most part strong).
What trunk??? All gone!
And I would love to see me rock it as well...got it up a couple times today, but my neighbor threatened to call the cops on me...fukstick...

Anyway, here are a couple more pics with it on the bar. I am holding it because it wanted to go side to side, not forward. Guess I couldn't find a flat spot in my driveway! I see it isn't perfectly 12, but I know that it sat steady on the bar one day and my drunk azz was climbing all over it w/o it falling, so it is at a good angle at least!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	179674   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	179675  
Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

cut about 3 inches off of it, then it'll be at 12...
Old 09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
B.T.M.

here's my buddy boy chicago.. he cut 3 more inches off his subframe, and yes, would scrape it, it was so scary, his back would almost hit the ground..
Name:  chicagoflag.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  42.5 KB
Old 09-23-2006, 03:29 PM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

that is scary
Old 09-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

So whats the can on the side for ....really?

Also in the first pic the sub looks jacked.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by slab
So whats the can on the side for ....really?

Also in the first pic the sub looks jacked.
When I put the FI cage on, I had to remove the stock antifreeze overflow, so the first thing I had on there was a 1 liter MD bottle! That one is atleast steel, so I would hope it would last longer.

And yeah, the sub is a bit tweeked, not so bad that it isn't rideable though.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:17 PM

onefastfella is an unknown quantity at this point

State inspectors are ******!! They want the bike to have a windshield, and everything else. They failed my buddy because he was missing the rear left foot peg and he had a D&D slip on. Good Luck bro.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by onefastfella
State inspectors are ******!! They want the bike to have a windshield, and everything else. They failed my buddy because he was missing the rear left foot peg and he had a D&D slip on. Good Luck bro.
Nah...this isn't this kind of inspector, this is to re-certify it for the street...which probably isn't gonna happen. The inspection sticker is the least of my worries, I have friends that could pass that, and the bike already has everything that is required as far as that goes anyway. The state inspector wants about $250 to pass it for the street again, and I don't have that. I am thinking that the first $2500 has a real nice lot bike at this point!! It might be easier to get it street legal in another state anyway...I do have a clean salvage title anyway.

hmmmm....anyone??

anyone??

Last edited by zx636skiv; 09-25-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:06 PM

Well...the house is winning over the bike...need a place to live before I can find a place to ride and time to do it...so it's up for sale.

https://www.stuntlife.com/classified...3&cat=2&page=1

First $2500 takes it...great running bike, low miles (4300), never actually stunted...cage, bar, etc. You can see what it has, would make an awesome lot toy for a loving home!!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:47 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

i like the marlboro seat cover:YEAH

Quick Reply: street legal streetfighter