Good Price Paint Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 AM

JustaGixxerNoob is a decent person
Re: Good Price Paint Jobs

Originally Posted by shayneusaf
u do the frame and subframe as well?

Yes we paint anything. I would smoothe up the frame is there is any kind of rough effect to the frame.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Im hiring a real talented artist to do some killer graphic designs He just got out of jail and does amazing work. Long time guy i knew and now that he is out and jobs are hard to find he will have some money for himself. So graphics are now available tribal, flame, tare, throw me a idea ill send it to him and he will draw it up and ill send back to you for you to give an ok if you want it done
Old 03-28-2009, 11:49 AM

airprene is an unknown quantity at this point

does he do air brushing designs too
Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
rip off. for 400 dollars anybody on this site can have a field day at harbor frieght and get any and every possible piece of equipment and a trip to the library to educate themselves on how to paint, and then still have paint left over to paint someone elses bike and then buy more paint for 100 dollars and paint their car while their at it. then after that youve got experience painting 3 vehicles and have the tools to be capable of painting whatever you want in life.
WTF are you talking about? Who the **** would buy paint equipment at a junk tool store like Harbor Freight? And what ****** good paint are you getting for $100? What a piece of **** you are.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
WTF are you talking about? Who the **** would buy paint equipment at a junk tool store like Harbor Freight? And what ****** good paint are you getting for $100? What a piece of **** you are.
you can buy so many tools at harbor frieght. some are crap, and some are actually decent. but fact is if you are not running your own business using them everyday and run those tools into the ground they will do their job just fine. a compressor is the most expensive piece of the puzzle. the spray guns, hoses, prep paper and tape, air brushes, bondo, fiberglass repair, plastic repair, fittings, buffers, sandpaper, and more can be bought at harbor freight for dirt cheap. and if you have something against that heavenly place you can go to lowes and they sell kits with everything you need for like a 150 bucks. theres auto body supply shops all over the place like wesco and whatnot where yes you can buy paint for $100 all day. its not gonna be house of kolor but its paint and will do just fine for 1 solid color. bottom line is for the price it costs to hire someone to paint for you you can buy everything you need and do it yourself. if your not a do it yourselfer and enjoy paying others to do it than yeah the op's prices aint that bad compared to places out in town. not trying to hate on him if hes trying to make some extra money but in this economy theres alot of people becoming do it yourselfers and im just putting the truth out there. the truth may hurt sometimes but that wasnt the intent of my post.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by airprene
does he do air brushing designs too

Yep he does airbrushing his speciality is flames but he does just about anything he looks at such as a picture
Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 PM

airprene is an unknown quantity at this point

so its 600 with a design
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for the thread jack.

www.hypercycledesigns@myspace.com
Old 03-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by airprene
so its 600 with a design

yes 600 with any grasphic design you want just throw us an idea we will draw it up and send you the drawing via email and get an ok from you
Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

you can buy so many tools at harbor frieght. some are crap, and some are actually decent. but fact is if you are not running your own business using them everyday and run those tools into the ground they will do their job just fine. a compressor is the most expensive piece of the puzzle. the spray guns, hoses, prep paper and tape, air brushes, bondo, fiberglass repair, plastic repair, fittings, buffers, sandpaper, and more can be bought at harbor freight for dirt cheap. and if you have something against that heavenly place you can go to lowes and they sell kits with everything you need for like a 150 bucks. theres auto body supply shops all over the place like wesco and whatnot where yes you can buy paint for $100 all day. its not gonna be house of kolor but its paint and will do just fine for 1 solid color. bottom line is for the price it costs to hire someone to paint for you you can buy everything you need and do it yourself. if your not a do it yourselfer and enjoy paying others to do it than yeah the op's prices aint that bad compared to places out in town. not trying to hate on him if hes trying to make some extra money but in this economy theres alot of people becoming do it yourselfers and im just putting the truth out there. the truth may hurt sometimes but that wasnt the intent of my post.
Show me one of your Harbor Freight tools/$100 paint paint jobs. And show me a picture up close so i can see the texture and reflection. My paint gun alone was $600. By the time you buy paint, cleaning solvent, good sand paper, masking tape, masking paper, mixing cups, tack rags etc..... **** adds up fast. Sure you can paint something for dirt cheap, but your **** is going to look like you rattle canned it.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Show me one of your Harbor Freight tools/$100 paint paint jobs. And show me a picture up close so i can see the texture and reflection. My paint gun alone was $600. By the time you buy paint, cleaning solvent, good sand paper, masking tape, masking paper, mixing cups, tack rags etc..... **** adds up fast. Sure you can paint something for dirt cheap, but your **** is going to look like you rattle canned it.

Yea im lookin to get a SATA next holla at this guy Hooah
Old 03-29-2009, 09:26 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

Originally Posted by JustaGixxerNoob
Hey guys im offering paint jobs

I fill with bondo if needed
2-3 coats of base coat
wet sand
3 coats of clear

A full bike 1 color $400
Custom 2 tone $500
Custom 2 tone with graphics $600

Im having trouble uploading photos of a previous paint job but its on my myspace page. Here is the link jsut check out my pictures http://www.myspace.com/fuckthedumbshitx2
wish u were in la
Old 03-29-2009, 09:32 PM

1.3 NR3000. Cost some major bread but it sprays like glass. well worth the money
Old 03-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Paint It

kaosquad is a decent person

Hell yeah i love my SATA Jet 2000. When i switched from Basf paint to Dupont they gave me a Mini Jet 4 for free, been meaning to try that sucker out.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Good Pice Paint Jobs

Originally Posted by T-NECK
not bad on prices for multiple coats. free bump.
*EDIT*
i fixed the spelling in your thread title as well.
Why didn't you move it while you were at it?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM

You are dead worng bro. I have personaly use a $100 HVLP from lowes. A good painter can use any gun and make it a quality job. I can not preach how important gun set up is. I just recently got a SATA NR3000 I love it. But I can do some of the same work with the cheaper gun. It is all in the painter.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

This is why I don't paint for a living anymore. Everyone thinks that it is so easy and that you are trying to rip them of. What kind of paint can you get for a $100 that is actually decent? By the time you buy primer, base, clear, reducers, activators, hardeners, tape, DA paper, wet sanding paper, compound, polish, etc it adds up really quick. My Sata paint guns were $500-$600 each and I use a different gun for base, clear, sealer, primer, heavy metallics, etc and the finish you get from a cheap harbor freight gun can't compare to a Sata or Iwatta.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:25 AM
www.315RIDERS.com

FRANK-THE-TANK is an unknown quantity at this point

danger dave is a ****** TOOL!

I have been a auto painter for almost 8 years.to tell you truth i paint about 2-3 bikes a week and use all dupont stuff. and i would never paint for these prices. i start at $500.00 and up. ****** materials alone are min of 200. for paint.clear.reducer.uro primer.sandpaper. then there is labor. so it even sucks doing it for 500.lol

but do what you do bro. but you are doing it to cheap.

but also i work out a real shop with a $50k spray booth. home garage i would do for 400 start.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by hyperryder
You are dead worng bro. I have personaly use a $100 HVLP from lowes. A good painter can use any gun and make it a quality job. I can not preach how important gun set up is. I just recently got a SATA NR3000 I love it. But I can do some of the same work with the cheaper gun. It is all in the painter.
Lowes aint harbor freight, I have a $120 IR gun from Lowes that i use for primer and **** and it is not bad. Harbor Freight has $30 junk guns that splatter and are not worth a ****. I actually have one of those that I use for really thick primer like FeatherFill.

If you are telling me that a gun does not matter then that just proves to me that you have not painted anything more than basic ****. I would love to see a kandy or a heavy metallic/flake paint job with your $100 gun. There is no way you can do good custom work with a junk *** gun.

If a gun makes no difference to you, I will give you 2 Kobalts for your Sata right now, LMAO.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 AM

CaptCrunchBerry is a decent person

hey brotha, I thought about getting my dads shadow painted for him as a present. What would you charge for it in one color. I'm talkin just tank and front and rear fenders and fill one tiny ding in tank

Quick Reply: Good Price Paint Jobs