Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:59 AM

sandbox is a decent person
Re: NEW 03 04 636 round bars NEW

weekend bump
Old 10-11-2009, 03:23 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandbox, you have pics of the "new" round bar? I'm glad to see new guys making products and not just 2 or 3.
1. Not the 2 or 3 companies making stunt products have thought of everything and like someone said, ther IS always room for improvement.
2. Gives the guys with the innitiative to make new products to make some side money or make a living.
3. Competition, puts more people on the map which produces competitive prices.
4. Yeah, it may look like so and so's round bar, but seriously how many ways can you make a round bar?
5. Who cares if it looks like someone elses product, if someone can make a quality product at a good price, then great, as of right now this country is a capitalistic nation, which makes it great.
To say there's already 2 or 3 co. making products and it's gonna be tough is really a monopolistic mindset. Compition makes those that care about their product strive to keep on making a quality product and provide good customer service. Haven't we seen a few co. in the industry blow-up and now either shut the doors or are struggling due to these reasion?
Sad really, atleast he gave some good advice before the discouragement.

A true turn off to hear a company pretty much say, hey we're a big name in this industry now, so you guys trying to start, well why even try". My business and the promoting of the business will now be taken elsewhere.

True colors and how people really think eventually will surface.

If I end up keeping my bike, which it looks like I may, I will be needing a round bar. Please post up the new round bar when you can.
Also you making a street cage anytime soon?
I have a 03' 636

God bless
Marc

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 10-11-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 PM

yeah ill have new pics up soon. still going to buil this bar because the round bar is a little smaller and some people like it for a street bar. reason is that its not as noticeable but still provides protection. yeah street and stunt cage. Ill also get pics of them up asap. thanks man
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Thanks Sandbox, I'll keep checking back!
How much are the streetcages running? And the new round bars are $85 as well?
Marc

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 10-11-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:41 PM

not sure what the price is going to be on the street cage yet. yeah $85 for the new round bar as wall
Old 10-13-2009, 08:48 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Up0n0ne
Sandbox, you have pics of the "new" round bar? I'm glad to see new guys making products and not just 2 or 3.
1. Not the 2 or 3 companies making stunt products have thought of everything and like someone said, ther IS always room for improvement.
2. Gives the guys with the innitiative to make new products to make some side money or make a living.
4. Yeah, it may look like so and so's round bar, but seriously how many ways can you make a round bar?
5. Who cares if it looks like someone elses product, if someone can make a quality product at a good price, then great, as of right now this country is a capitalistic nation, which makes it great.
To say there's already 2 or 3 co. making products and it's gonna be tough is really a monopolistic mindset. Compition makes those that care about their product strive to keep on making a quality product and provide good customer service. Haven't we seen a few co. in the industry blow-up and now either shut the doors or are struggling due to these reasion?

A true turn off to hear a company pretty much say, hey we're a big name in this industry now, so you guys trying to start, well why even try". My business and the promoting of the business will now be taken elsewhere.

If I end up keeping my bike, which it looks like I may, I will be needing a round bar. Please post up the new round bar when you can.
I have a 03' 636

God bless
Marc
+1

whenever I get better at my clutch up ill be gettin a roundbar
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 AM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

I have a 03' 636

God bless
Marc

You definately took it the wrong way if youre talking about my post. I was trying to give the guy some good advise. Coming out with a product that is already out with little to no improvement from the competition is hard to get started that way. I was by no means delivering it the way you took it. Competition will always be out there in any industry. Hell if anything its good for the sport. Keeps all of us on our toes. Free bump to the top.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
You definately took it the wrong way if youre talking about my post. I was trying to give the guy some good advise. Coming out with a product that is already out with little to no improvement from the competition is hard to get started that way. I was by no means delivering it the way you took it. Competition will always be out there in any industry. Hell if anything its good for the sport. Keeps all of us on our toes. Free bump to the top.
Understood, you did give him some good advice and he took it and applied it from my understanding. And I do understand that there are a few, very few, reputable companies making round bars, and maybe I took it a little out of context, so my apoligies, but give the guy some good advice and stay humble, that's all I'm saying.
A company is never too big that they can't fall.

Stay humble and be thankful.

It's not a big deal and certainly not looking for a pat on the back, but I am a repeat customer of yours, I've bought 3 cages and a set of sliders from SI.

BTW: Is that you in your avatar, alwasy see dif. pics and wonder this.

God Bless,
Marc

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 10-13-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
sickinnovations.com

Understood, you did give him some good advice and he took it and applied it from my understanding. And I do understand that there are a few, very few, reputable companies making round bars, and maybe I took it a little out of context, so my apoligies, but give the guy some good advice and stay humble, that's all I'm saying.
A company is never too big that they can't fall.

I know it doesn't matter, but I've bought 3 cages from you guys.
Im just a dude that makes parts for bikes and tries to ride when i get a chance. Look at my avatar. Do i look like a guy thats not humble.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Im just a dude that makes parts for bikes and tries to ride when i get a chance. Look at my avatar. Do i look like a guy thats not humble.
I was wondering if that was you. Nice beard, I'm 36 and still can't grow a full beard, all patchy and junk, but I still try from time to time. haha
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 AM

on top
Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I am SI and yes they do fit with the undertail. I designed the bar. They have gussets on them that make it a tight fit, but they do fit. Just giving this dude a heads up.
Sorry but no they dont, we had to grind alot of material off your gussets to get it to fit with an undertail.... We tried mounting it in every position possible, and it would either push the tail up or the undertail down, untill we ground off some material...Then it was a tight fit

Last edited by JohnnyP; 10-14-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Sorry but no they dont, we had to grind alot of material off your gussets to get it to fit with an undertail.... We tried mounting it in every position possible, and it would either push the tail up or the undertail down, untill we ground off some material...Then it was a tight fit
i knew i wasnt crazy
Old 10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
sickinnovations.com

Theres a small raised lip on the top of the undertail. If you dremel that down to where its flush, it will fit much easier and you wont ever see it because its on the inside of the undertail.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Theres a small raised lip on the top of the undertail. If you dremel that down to where its flush, it will fit much easier and you wont ever see it because its on the inside of the undertail.
I had to do that aswell as trim your gussets. Basically it did not just bolt on like you would assume it would...So IMO if mods are required you should probably include some instructions....I was also confused on how to mount it, cause it could go on the bottom tube or the top one, and when I looked of pics of how other people mounted it, there was pics of mounted both ways...

You have to keep in mind not everyone is as mechanically inclined as the next person, I figured it out..However my friend could not figure it out and was really pissed off...Same with my other friend that I got the 2 600RR round bars from you for, that didnt come with any bolts...You told us to get bolts from a hardware store, but you didnt tell us what size....He waited a month for those, then had to buy his own bolts and even figure out what sizes to buy....Again not a big deal for myself, but for someone like him he was like "WTF $200, wait a long time, no instructions, no marking between the 03/04 and 05/06 bar, and no bolts"

Even if you dont print instructions and ship them with the parts, some online instructions would be a great idea

Your 05/06 636 subframe also required alot of cutting/trimming of the battery box and figuring things out. And some bolts just dont line up anymore ..Instructions for that would be nice too

Last edited by JohnnyP; 10-14-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
sickinnovations.com

I had to do that aswell as trim your gussets. Basically it did not just bolt on like you would assume it would...So IMO if mods are required you should probably include some instructions....I was also confused on how to mount it, cause it could go on the bottom tube or the top one, and when I looked of pics of how other people mounted it, there was pics of mounted both ways...

You have to keep in mind not everyone is as mechanically inclined as the next person, I figured it out..However my friend could not figure it out and was really pissed off...Same with my other friend that I got the 2 600RR round bars from you for, that didnt come with any bolts...You told us to get bolts from a hardware store, but you didnt tell us what size....He waited a month for those, then had to buy his own bolts and even figure out what sizes to buy....Again not a big deal for myself, but for someone like him he was like "WTF $200, wait a long time, no instructions, no marking between the 03/04 and 05/06 bar, and no bolts"

Even if you dont print instructions and ship them with the parts, some online instructions would be a great idea

Your 05/06 636 subframe also required alot of cutting/trimming of the battery box and figuring things out. And some bolts just dont line up anymore ..Instructions for that would be nice too
We quit making the subframes because they are a pain in the *** to make, not profitable at all in fact we lost money on them. As far as instructions go, We have them available for email. You or your biddies could have simply called in or emailed us and we could have helped. As far as the hardware goes, not all bars come with the hardware. Same thing, we could have told him what to do. All he had to do is ask. We have been working on an online instruction guide to help people with their install questions. If there wasnt marking between the 2 bars, im sorry about that. The guys are suppose to mark all of those. I try to watch every order that leaves the building, but from time to time, one or two get past.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:39 AM

thanx for the free bumpage
Old 10-18-2009, 01:36 PM

going stuntin bump
Old 10-20-2009, 12:45 PM

on top