Blue 2002 R6 for sale in Vancouver, WA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 AM

Psterr is a decent person
Blue 2002 R6 for sale in Vancouver, WA

I am selling a 2002 Yamaha R6 with a salvaged title-- your next track bike or stunter, perhaps?

I laid it down this summer practicing wheelies without a bar... I didn't make a full loop, but I hit the tail on the ground hard enough to shake me off.

You can see the damage that was done in the pictures below. Basically, I tore the ends of the tail sections when I hit the tail, and then the bike tipped over (at about 10 mph?) and scratched the left side up (tank, plastics, mirror, bar-end, swing-arm). (minor cosmetic damage to the right side is due to a low speed lay-down from the previous owner). The left mirror (glass) is gone, and I broke the (upper stay?) that fastens the front cowl to the frame. That will need to be replaced, as the whole cowl shakes when you go over bumps.

I replaced the upper-side fairings with some aftermarkets I had laying around.

Since the accident I have ridden it several times, and it rides fine. I would replace the upper stay, but it hasn't caused me any problems, it's more annoying than anything. I had a full estimate done at Bent Lever Motorsports in Vancouver (which I have a copy of for you), and all of the mechanics check out great. The frame and forks are undamaged, everything is straight. The bike has 116xx miles and is all stock except for the Two Brothers slip-on.

I'll also throw in a black replacement tank in almost perfect condition, with one or two minor paint scratches from something brushing against it. The scratches are tiny.

I'm asking $2750 obo. Email me at psterr87@gmail.com. Thanks!

Here are some pics, I have more precise pics of the bike and damages, PM me or email me to see them.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Blue 2002 R6 for sale in Vancouver, WA

Originally Posted by Psterr
I didn't make a full loop, but I hit the tail on the ground hard enough to shake me off.

just wondering...whats the difference in hitting the tail...and a full loop hahahahahahahahah

plus its a free bump
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 AM

Psterr is a decent person
Re: Blue 2002 R6 for sale in Vancouver, WA

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
just wondering...whats the difference in hitting the tail...and a full loop hahahahahahahahah

plus its a free bump

Thank for the bump ;-).

I was under the impression that looping the bike meant that it actually went over backwards, whereas mine didn't. Perhaps I am wrong.

To add to the...uh, ad: The bike also has flushmounts, undertail kit, and carbon fiber levers.