FS: FL - 1000RR naked/fighter - $6800 clean title

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:35 PM

ThrottleJock is an unknown quantity at this point
FS: FL - 1000RR naked/fighter - $6800 clean title

Bike started as a pristine and fast street bike that was used as an expert level CCS race bike on weekends. Never been down on the track or street except for one little incident leaving a parking lot where I dropped it on the right side at 5mph. Scuffed the brake lever and rearset, that's it. CLEAN TITLE. No permanent modifications to stock wiring/components were made. Throw some clip-ons on and it could be set back up as a fully faired race bike in minutes or a fully faired street bike in a couple hours. I do not have the street or race bodywork, what you see is what you get. Bike has never been stunted except for the power wheelies that just happen in the first three gears, and is not a rebuilt crash bike. I purposely built it as a commuter, dissatisfied with what the manufacturers offer as open class naked bikes (FZ1? c'mon) until I realized how ridiculously overkill it is for this purpose. Now I guess I understand why they don't OEM bikes this rude to the general public.

~2900 miles on the bike, clean title, zero issues it runs like a raped ape. It put a smidge over 170hp down at the wheel on Kevin Blais' dyno running U4, the same dyno that my Ducati 749 put 98.6hp down on and stock '06 R6's put 104-105hp down on (do give you a measuring stick). It runs fine on pump gas, does not overheat, it's a perfectly reliable and insane form of transportation if so desired. Puts 165 and change down on pump gas. Mods to the bike include the following:

TiForce full titanium GP style exhaust
Power Commander PCIIIUSB (mapped by Mr. Blais)
'06 model velocity stacks
Vortex adjustable rearsets
Vortex 520 chain/sprockets (fresh, +2)
Airbox flapper mod done, PAIR mod done
The bike has Tag bars and risers and an Acerbis Cyclops headlight on it now (as pictured).

I'm going to kill myself on this thing, it's a complete and total hooligan bike. It feels like a CR500. Crazy pull EVERYWHERE. This thing makes a strong running FZ1 feel like a DR650 and a standard 1000RR feel like it's running on three cylinders. If you want to go 170mph with no fairings or pull wheelies in 6th, this is the bike for you.

This article sums up the naked 1000rr experience, except this one has more horsepower and lower gearing. It's maximum overkill and should be just what the doctor ordered for you crazy *******.
http://www.pnwriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8658

Bike is located in South FL. Email
dingdadingbraap@yahoo.com if interested or you have any questions.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: FS: FL - 1000RR naked/fighter - $6800 clean title

There's no way in hell your gonna get $6800 For a stripped down bike.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:42 PM

oh yeah, it's an '04 model. This thing is one angry bike guys.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Figured I'd give it a shot. If I don't sell it my girlfriend says I get to keep it.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Can I have some of what you are smoking? Half of that would be an OK deal. It was beat on as a race bike and now half the fairings are missing.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 AM

Expert level race bikes are better maintained than any streetbike you'll find. Oil changed every race, motors/tranny's freshened once or twice a season. I guess I could put some cheesy faux chrome/carbon plastics on it, chrome the rearsets, remove a front brake rotor and caliper, lower it, make up a story about how many Busas I beat in the 9/10ths and sell it to some halfwit kid as his first bike for $11,000. I just figured stunters (as relatively hardcore guys who actually RIDE their bikes) would understand the naked bike concept and save me the labor of having to turn it into a cheesy me-too bike to sell it, but no such luck.

But I hear what you're saying. I had a rule for years that I'd never pay more than $1500 for my streetbike and managed to pick up a ratted out F2, F3, F4 and Gix750 for that. This isn't one of those bikes, it's and I've got the wrong forum. Sorry to interfere with your parking lot practice time, playas!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

it's a nice bike for real.. try craigs list.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:12 AM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ThrottleJock
Expert level race bikes are better maintained than any streetbike you'll find. Oil changed every race, motors/tranny's freshened once or twice a season. I guess I could put some cheesy faux chrome/carbon plastics on it, chrome the rearsets, remove a front brake rotor and caliper, lower it, make up a story about how many Busas I beat in the 9/10ths and sell it to some halfwit kid as his first bike for $11,000. I just figured stunters (as relatively hardcore guys who actually RIDE their bikes) would understand the naked bike concept and save me the labor of having to turn it into a cheesy me-too bike to sell it, but no such luck.

But I hear what you're saying. I had a rule for years that I'd never pay more than $1500 for my streetbike and managed to pick up a ratted out F2, F3, F4 and Gix750 for that. This isn't one of those bikes, it's and I've got the wrong forum. Sorry to interfere with your parking lot practice time, playas!

It's a nice bike, but not for over $6k. Hopefully you find some sucker to pay that much, but I doubt you'll find him on here. BTW I found a hand-full of mint 04 1000rr's for the same price...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:47 PM

9er54 is a decent person

craigs list!... **** yea!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ThrottleJock

Yup. Stunters are cheap bastards. Myself included.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

put it back to stock you keep all the after market stuff Ill buy it for 5k
Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM

Streetpimpin is a decent person

what the heck is up with that exhaust????
Old 02-12-2007, 02:02 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Sweet bike - wrong forum for that kinda $$$
Old 02-12-2007, 04:28 PM

04gsx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone check out the redbull can :YEAH :YEAH
Old 03-02-2007, 04:02 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I had no idea the radiators on those bikes were that big! It looks like the one on my escalade
Old 03-03-2007, 06:22 PM

louloudesgsxr is a decent person

I Got 3500 To Spend