honda right side drive question??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 PM
street killa

BOB WITTMAN will become famous soon enough
honda right side drive question??

i am looking at a 99 civic si
i dont know **** about hondas really,
but i am gonna make a race car out of this and i want to do a right side drive, does anyone know how much the rack is? or where to get the stuff??

i dont want the gauge stuff just the rack n pinion stuff...

anyone know where to find it?? i have looked online and cant find it..
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!! bob
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM

cfinch is a decent person
Re: honda right side drive question??

Maybe you should try honda-tech.com or something... The parts could be sourced from an engine importer since alot of them bring in full front clips... Something that new would be pretty uncommon... Rhd conversions are pretty lame tho.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:01 PM
street killa

thanks, i`m getting the car cheap and putting a 10 pt cage in it and selling it, i was gonna do rsd so it would be diff cause alot of kids around here would suck it right up!!!

and it`ll be all profit i`ll have about 600 into it so all the rest will go in my pocket!!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Yeah I don't know **** about honda's but building some crazy car with a cage is always a losing battle for me... Of course I drive the **** out of all the cars I build and it's worth it but I mean people don't pay alot for **** like that... Now if it was right hand drive and it had all the interior and was clean I could see some fanboy paying bucks... Just not a big market for a car that isn't streetable...

Seriously tho sounds like you got a good deal... Sometimes the quick buck is much better than the big buck... I make a living off building cars and buying/selling them and lets say you spend $2,000 on a car you sell for $5,000 and it doesn't take you long to put it together... Thats $3g's profit... Now lets say you spend $4,000 on a car you can sell for $8,000... yeah your getting more money out of the same deal but is it worth all the extra time invested? Also the more expensive ride is gonna be much harder to sell... Plus if you take the quick buck in the time it takes you to build the more expensive ride you could have flipped the car for less and bought 2 more to profit off of and flipped those for much more money in the end...

I'm just trying to make an example but I really don't know honda prices or how much you would even invest but it's just something to think about. Dealing with fanboys and dreamers trying to sell a rhd car is a pain in the ***... Dealing with some kid who wants a car and mommy and daddy are paying for it well much easier to deal with and so many less bullshitters...
Old 04-11-2007, 02:24 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

hondas blow...drive german
Old 04-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Yeah ditch the honda and go for a bitch car... I'm sure you pull hella dick in a volkswagon...

Nissan is where it's at!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 PM

MidnightBusa is a decent person

Originally Posted by cfinch
Yeah ditch the honda and go for a bitch car... I'm sure you pull hella dick in a volkswagon...

Nissan is where it's at!
+1
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cfinch

Nissan is where it's at!
bahahaha

but really, real men drive chevys... :YEAH
Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 AM

haha chevy... actually I had a c5 vette it was pretty nice but if someone mentions a muscle car I'm gonna puke all over my own ****... Overweight piles of ****... I mean I love classic cars but muscle car meatheads no way... Anyone on a bike should understand power to weight ratios and technology...
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

and anyone that dragraces should know that the rears are supposed to spin not the fronts!!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

check out any jdm importer and buy a bare clip...it has everything you need and they are usually cheap like $500-600
Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 PM

RustyStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

buy a right side drice honda because there is no way u will convert it!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
street killa

i am a chevy guy to but for the $$$ i couldnt pass this car up, alot of kids will buy this car, or it`ll get stolen???????????

anyway i had a 10 second car on motor, a 71 nova i sold cause it was getting so exspensive to race, and there wasnt much money coming in from the street races up around here, no competition!!!!

just a bunch of 15 second honda for ***** magnets!!!hahaha so i will get one out there this car isnt much to look at but the wing and rims i have for it add hp!!hahahaha

i saw how they convert them, i dont have that much time, but the title was woth the money!! at wosre case i have a title and vin plate set for a civic!!!!