Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: How much do you enjoy working?
Every single day
14.29%
Most of the time
40.82%
Not very often
18.37%
Never
16.33%
Working is not supposed to be enjoyable, that's why it's called work.
10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Do you enjoy what you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 PM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough
Do you enjoy what you do for a living?

Just wondering how most people feel about what they do, or how many of us actually enjoy it. I think it's more important to enjoy what you do than how much money you make.

and list what you do.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Re: Do you enjoy what you do for a living?

I can't honestly say that I've ever wanted to come into work where I'm currently employed. I recently moved back home to mom, and she always says "have a good day at work" when I leave, but I cringe and think to myself "ya right, it's going to be boring as hell, and annoying people are going to be bothering me all night.

I work for the Customer Service Dept. for a Financial Service Co. Basically I answer phone calls for people checking their balances, making transfers, reporting a card lost, requesting lower interest rates, higher credit limits, and removing fees, etc. It's really easy, and I work 3rd shift so it's usually slow, but it's incredibly repetative, and not challenging at all. The only good part, other than the $alary, is that when I leave, I don't bring the work home for me, infact I don't ever think about work, unless I'm at work, and sometimes not even when I'm at work.

Anyways, recently I've been thinking about what's more important, a paycheck or satisfaction? And I've been trying to think of what I would find enjoyable to do for a living, even if it's a cut in income.

your thoughts....
Old 11-01-2008, 11:53 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

im a fitter and work in refineries, like every job it has its ups and downs. i plan on attending school in the spring though because i dont want to be doing this for the rest of my life.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:59 AM

ya, I'm going into the local college here next week to speak with a counselor. There's a Certificate Program I'm interested in taking for Digital Media Video Production. I'd like to be a video editor, and I think it's something I would enjoy doing and be creative as well. And there would be a sense of accomplishment that I don't get now. And as the world becomes more and more online, with tv, movies, downloads, commercials, news, viral vids, and everything else. I can see that there's probably a demand or will be soon for what I want to do. The course also covers stuff like Computer Graphics, web design, Special Effects, and other stuff that would all be useful and interesting to know.

I just want to find something that I enjoy doing that I lose myself in my work. Not starring at the clock waiting for my next break, or the end of my shift.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:09 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i do on payday
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 AM

Chr1stina is a decent person

I am a registered polysomnograph technician. I love what I do! My company is going through some changes, so my work environment hasn't been the happiest lately. I still love my doctors and love what I do! I like it enough to do it until I retire. I have a degree in Chemistry, but I don't use it.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

Stripclub dj for twenty years...

Yes
-E
Old 11-10-2008, 04:15 AM

Chr1stina is a decent person

Originally Posted by Evan
Stripclub dj for twenty years...

Yes
-E
I don't even think the Yes was necessary in your post!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

can always be better
Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 AM

wastedrubber is a decent person

Robotics Installation Engineer, get paid pretty good, but i spend most of my time in Asia at different auto factories. every now and then i get to do a job stateside or in Canada which is fine, but it's pretty boring when i'm only working support, like i am now in India. right now i go to the plant three days a week, which is an hour and a half away from my apartment, walk around for maybe an hour, turn around and go back to the pad. so in reality i'm only working 3 hours a week and getting paid for 40, but i'm usually gettin 80+ hours on overseas jobs. Right now i'm looking into doing something different.

Last edited by wastedrubber; 11-10-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 AM

joe98 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Chr1stina
I am a registered polysomnograph technician. I love what I do! My company is going through some changes, so my work environment hasn't been the happiest lately. I still love my doctors and love what I do! I like it enough to do it until I retire. I have a degree in Chemistry, but I don't use it.

Wow. more power to ya. in school i picked a mojar where i would not have to take chem.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

i love the company i work for even though im grossly underpaid
especially for the area im in). i do really like the industry im in right now and could see myself doing it a long time. ive installed car stereos professionally and that was alot of fun but too hard on my back. now i work with a CAD program designing custom closets. id rather be underpaid and not dread going to work then get paid well while hating every minute.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I ******* despise my job and get paid like ****.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 AM

wastedrubber is a decent person

Originally Posted by nags
Isn't this your job
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nags
well then you should get any job you want because even if you get paid like **** it would still be better then where you are now
Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 AM
StuntUSA MOD

Miss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to behold

I really like my company. My current position is Administrative Assistant, so clearly I don't want to be answering phones the rest of my life, but for the moment, its good. There is room to grow and I can see myself with my company for a very long time. There's only 15 employees total and we all get along great, so I love going to work everyday. I go to church with some of my coworkers, go to their kid's recitals... its sort of like a family there. Most employees have been there 15 years or more, so you know they all must get along! My pay is decent but the benefits are great, they pay for my insurance and have great 401k. I'm definitely staying put for a long time.

My degree is in Business Management, so I guess I use it, but not to its full extent. I want to go back to school to become a Certified Meeting Planner (CMP). Eventually I want to own my own company, but until then I'm going to stay at my current place of employment.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by wastedrubber
Isn't this your job
I wish.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
well then you should get any job you want because even if you get paid like **** it would still be better then where you are now
I've been sending my resume out but jobs are scarce right now.

I'd rather travel around the world doing photography and **** again than anything else, but that just doesn't pay the bills these days.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:14 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Chr1stina
Just had to google that one. You record/monitor/measure people sleeping? That sounds really really boring lol. Unless you shave their eyebrows
Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by wastedrubber
Robotics Installation Engineer, get paid pretty good, but i spend most of my time in Asia at different auto factories. every now and then i get to do a job stateside or in Canada which is fine, but it's pretty boring when i'm only working support, like i am now in India. right now i go to the plant three days a week, which is an hour and a half away from my apartment, walk around for maybe an hour, turn around and go back to the pad. so in reality i'm only working 3 hours a week and getting paid for 40, but i'm usually gettin 80+ hours on overseas jobs. Right now i'm looking into doing something different.
just hearing about india in that other thread makes me wanna puke

Quick Reply: Do you enjoy what you do for a living?