Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: whats you though on sponsors
yes, they are awsome never had a prob.
38.10%
no, they su(k ass
9.52%
well there ok when they answer the phone
19.05%
it takes forever to get shit
38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

How good are your sponsors REALLY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:22 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person
Re: How good are your sponsors REALLY?

And one more very important thing:
You can't get blood from a turnip, or better yet, you can't get 150hp from a ninja 250, no matter how hard you try. If a company doesn't have it to give, you need to recognize that as a possiblility for not getting more support...On the flip side, these companies are the best because here is where you show your real value by helping them become more profitable....

Oh, one more thing......

FICages.com
Moto-heaven.com
fullthrottleinc.net

I'm done here. Great thread. I was thinking about this just the other day and wanted to start a thread myself. I think it gives people a great opportunity to share experiences, ask questions, get feedback and give shameless plugs to the people helping make it happen.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
well as i get better Yes i would like more full filling sponsors....i have an awesome cage sponsor(905) and we have a hook up with vortex, and stunt-rags, and a few more. im mostly proud of our cage sponsor! GSE and Legion were just about the first two teams they sponsored on the east coast and they still treat us great after all these years, and i try to hype up and push there product to the MAX! just adding some more for the thread. how are we able to get big sponsors like the MX guys get? how did they make it big? how or what can we do to make this Real? cause it still feels make believe sometimes. when will we be a head line act at events instead of a side show when will the moster trucks be our half time show? get my drift?
Television. Mass media. Sold out shows. Kids, video games, signature series products. Probably not until then. If moto gp was not televised, do you still think Hayden and Pedrosa would get paid the same? It's an hour long advertisement for Repsol seen around the world....No wonder that s#it is 7 bucks a quart. Haden uses it, it must be good. I NEED IT. I bought it because it must be good right? If I've never seen Repsol before I sure as hell wouldn't have paid 7 bucks a quart....but I did. Now look at me. I'm just like Nicky Haden. My bike is faster now because it has the GOOD stuff. Want a Repsol edition 1000RR? Going to cost you another grand. Why? because they can, because of the name recognition and because of the individuals who represent their products and all the people around the world that want to be just like them.

Last edited by Matt Gorka; 06-29-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point

Household Retail Services (HSBC) and Band-Aid have been great to me.

HSBC extends me $30,000 credit lines and charges me ONLY 18% interest after some fancy pants intoduction promo (i.e. $89 per monthe @ 9.9%)!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:21 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

ALL OUT PERFORMANCE....................

Best sponsor ever! They've done so much for me. I honestly couldnt be doing this **** if it wasnt for them. Coolest bunch of guys and they're always looking out for me. I owe it all to those guys. And the sick thing is its only getting started. Expect sick sick things in the future from ALL OUT and their riders. We're coming for you.

E
Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
ALL OUT PERFORMANCE....................

Best sponsor ever! They've done so much for me. I honestly couldnt be doing this **** if it wasnt for them. Coolest bunch of guys and they're always looking out for me. I owe it all to those guys. And the sick thing is its only getting started. Expect sick sick things in the future from ALL OUT and their riders. We're coming for you.

E
there r a good bunch of guys, i can only say good about them and iam not even sponsored by them. keep it up
Old 06-29-2006, 12:03 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

i got sponsored by ********.com and never had any problems with them , they always come threw for me ! hala
Old 06-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alexcod
i got sponsored by ********.com and never had any problems with them , they always come threw for me ! hala
You BAAAASTAAARD!!!!

I gotta scrub my eyes with salt and bleach now...Goodbye.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:05 PM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

All Out are deffinately going in the right direction!!!!!!! those guys are pimps. woodcraft has done some good stuff for us,
Old 06-29-2006, 04:43 PM

redlinejesse is an unknown quantity at this point

The better you get the more you are going to get ****ed around, but Matt says it best, you have to look at the other side and see what it takes to give you what you get!! If you are worth the probuct chances are they will call you

My kick *** sponsers hands down

Freestyle (I love you guys )
Vortex
Rockstar energy drink
Wildcard customs (wccustoms.com)
Graffix now
OZ gentlemens club (for paying the bills)

These guys are why I try so hard and have so many metal bones now:YEAH and looking forward to giving them what they deserve!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 PM

ScottsWorld is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd like to give a thanks to eric at riderz inc, he always gets me what i need right away at the best prices
Old 06-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

good posts gorka I like em, I was thinking also of starting a thread. I get lots of emails asking just that.

I guess I'd like also to add while its true some companies are smaller than some think and any support is better than none. and as gorka said u can't get 150hp from a ninja 250. don't sell yourself short and while doing negotioations be reasonable yes but if u have pride and believe in what u do and offer than don't hesitate to say.. no. *** that. I want more.

taking product from a small company is one thing, but if your rocking say a redbull or rockstar logo cause they gave u a free case or 10. your probably selling yourself short.

but then again its hard to say many variables involved its realy a percase basis in my opinion.

good luck everyone keep pushing.

-kane
Old 06-29-2006, 05:39 PM

redlinejesse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
good posts gorka I like em, I was thinking also of starting a thread. I get lots of emails asking just that.

I guess I'd like also to add while its true some companies are smaller than some think and any support is better than none. and as gorka said u can't get 150hp from a ninja 250. don't sell yourself short and while doing negotioations be reasonable yes but if u have pride and believe in what u do and offer than don't hesitate to say.. no. *** that. I want more.

taking product from a small company is one thing, but if your rocking say a redbull or rockstar logo cause they gave u a free case or 10. your probably selling yourself short.

but then again its hard to say many variables involved its realy a percase basis in my opinion.

good luck everyone keep pushing.

-kane
Good point when dealing with big companys you know have money don't be scared, cause they are always going to try to sell you short to save money thats what they do thats why they have money!!!! Keep in mind though you have to show them what you are doing, and what you have accomplished!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 PM

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Gorka what did I tell you??? lol
Old 06-29-2006, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Gorka what did I tell you??? lol
Ha! That pic was taken at the end of about 1400 feet.....
Gotta keep it on the down-low until the big payout.

Kane, I laughed about the redbull comment. Chauncey got a boatload of that stuff and we were tweaked 24-7 for like 6 months straight until it ran out.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:51 PM

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Damnit Gorka!
Old 06-30-2006, 03:16 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Ours are great to us they help us out a lot and we do the same for them, it's give and take, if all you do is take they are not going to be there for long.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:02 PM

Stunter13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stunt Sponsors Sucks !!!
Old 06-30-2006, 04:12 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

hands down im new in the sport i haven't been riding that long but a few people took a chance and I possibly thing that i have backed it up. i know at first if a guy said cost on something i was like yes new sponsor. but now its a sponsor needs to back you 100% you rep them they rep you. best way make the companies need you for your individual theme of riding or showmanship aka Gorka (OG of the sport), Kane (choppy *** show off & and awesome to watch) Darius (everyone knows the sick **** comes from there). I've now just secured a some people that not only pay the bills but keep the bike up and a little more. that said

Powers Stuntworx (Always keeping my **** Minty)
Airtite Airbrushing (Making it minty after i do my worst)
Spy Optics (damn cool sun glasses)
Tony G Clothing (pays for all my travel)
Vortex Sprockets
Stunt Freaks.com
Seminole powersports
Old 06-30-2006, 05:00 PM

Ryan S is a decent person

there are three types of sponsors

1.) 10 percent sponsors---give you 10 percent off retail....doesn't help you a bit...a guy slingin cow **** all day can walk into a store and ask for that

2.) product suppliers----these are what makes a stunt rider, if you don't have these, riding can be extremely hard and costly

3.) full blown sponsors-----a TRUE sponsored rider (i.e. christian pfieffer) is promoted by the sponsor, paid with a paycheck every month, and given parts/bikes.......basically a dream come true, the rider does nothing but ride.

i love my sponsors, i have a great working relationship with them, am able to call them up WHENEVER and they will do anything for me.
fullthrottle inc
moto heaven/thrust company
racing 905
pro image graphix
Patrick's performance

www.bg-performance.com is the company that is bringing me to china....they are giving me a bike, housing, promotion, food......what more could a guy ask from these sponsors????? i try to send as much buisness their way, but i still don't feel i do enough for them.....I do appreciate it though!!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:06 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Buell = free bikes
Hartley Motors Honda= free 06 450 motard
AK-49 = swag
Apogee studios =get to use there studio for our movies
Rebirth tatoo = all the ink we can get hammered into our skin
Why Not customs= they paint our sh it

they have all been great....................

Quick Reply: How good are your sponsors REALLY?