Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: What kind of cage do you have?
Freestyle Ingenuity
30.52%
905 Racing
19.72%
Powers Stuntworx
22.07%
other/homemade
15.96%
MXD
11.74%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

What type of cage do you rock?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:31 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: What type of cage do you rock?

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
Ive dropped my Srad 100 times last year practicing circles and i have the same upper on mine. Besides like i orginally said, I would rather break a lever or clip on instead of a frame or engine. Frame sliders would also help prevent roll over. Your entitled to your opinion bro.. This is my
Thats right and IMO Id rather break nothing and have my bike not roll over.
My MXD has never rolled over and hasnt let anything else brake, that in IMO is a good design........like yours but without the roll over
Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by FHL
Your cage still rolls immediately after the bike is dropped, so you can't say it's designed so that nothing will break. What happens when you practice circles and the bike highsides and rolls all the way over and destroys the upper fairing stay etc.
What happens is you destroy the upper faring stay..... If the bike lands on the upper w/ out hitting the cage(some kind of nose dive shiet) I don't know what to say. Get a new stay or stop doing circles????
Old 11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
My MXD has never rolled over and hasnt let anything else brake, that in IMO is a good design........like yours but without the roll over
I agree. And I never broke anything.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:17 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

i make my own after a little research and testing you can make one that will pretty much be perfect on you bike if you dont mind getting dirty.
heres mine over 20 crashes off the 12 bar alone this year thing still works like new, only broke a couple front brake lever but thats due to mx bars. ive gotten to the point to where im comfortable just jumping off the bike no matter what im doing if something goes wrong, it never fails...ever..20 mph scrapes gone bad....it takes those like a tip over
and due to the top sliders being up higher on the frame than normal, it rarely rolls over onto the tank
now everyone that has seen my bike crash wants me to make them one
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	new cage 6.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	156871   Click image for larger version

Name:	new cage 5.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	156872   Click image for larger version

Name:	new cage 9.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	156873  
Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Exactly. An engine cage isn't designed to protect the bike.That's why I will continue to buy MXD cages.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 PM

topfueldart is an unknown quantity at this point

I realize almost no one on here stunts yamahas ... but if any of you do, which cage do you prefer? 99-02 ....
Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 AM

Blessed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by topfueldart
I realize almost no one on here stunts yamahas ... but if any of you do, which cage do you prefer? 99-02 ....
Yeah, I am stunting an R1 and I have a 905 on there now. Should I sell it, before I scew it completely up? I like what everyone is saying about the MDX cages, just wondering if the same would apply to an R1? Yeah, I def. know about the shin bashing...it sucks! Look like I have been shin boxing a 2x4.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:50 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

eh, i just picked up a freestyle ingenuity
Old 11-04-2005, 02:21 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
eh, i just picked up a freestyle ingenuity
Have fun cracking your motor mounts
Old 11-10-2005, 11:47 AM

verticaldave is an unknown quantity at this point

905 is the way to go!!!! my bike fell on it very hard a few times and nothing happend. PLus when the cadge broke in Florida at stuntwars they fixed it on the spot. What other cadge company would do that for you??
Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by verticaldave
905 is the way to go!!!! my bike fell on it very hard a few times and nothing happend. PLus when the cadge broke in Florida at stuntwars they fixed it on the spot. What other cadge company would do that for you??
So 905 is the way to go but their cage broke? I'd like to own a cage that doesn't break I don't have to fix.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:51 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nwstuntbike
we can make cages that don't ever break but then instead of replacing cages of fixing them your replacing frames
thats why you weld aluminum stock on the inside of ur frame to strengthen it. good place for the cage to bolt too ( instead of the motor mounts ) that **** wont ever break
Old 11-11-2005, 09:53 PM

STUNT@SHOAF.net is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a powers cage and i've hit it a couple good times all it did was scratch up a little bit but b/c of it i've never hit my tank nor scraped the bar ends w/ this cage its awesome
Old 11-12-2005, 12:33 AM

Guru is a decent person

powers all the way!!!!!!

dropped my **** hard a couple of times and you can only tell cause the paint is scratched up alittle!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Buellrider is a decent person

I have to say that of all the cages I have tried Powers is the best. If my fricken camera wouldn't have died on me my avatar would have a nice close up of the cage. Matt at Powers is very good about feedback from riders and he is always trying to find ways to improve them. What can I say....he knows how to make a quality cage.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:40 PM

streetlimitgil is an unknown quantity at this point

I Rock 905 For 2 Reasons 1 They Take The Impact Of The Fall Instead Of The Frame If You Just Keep Up With Hitting The Cage Back Into Place It Wont Crack Your Clutch Cover Or Magneto And 2 Aaron (owner Of 905)doesnt Treat You Like Some Guy Ordering A Cage He Cares And Does His Best To Help Out Hes Never Let Me Or My Team Down
Old 11-16-2005, 06:27 PM

F.I. Greg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -MXD-

all our cages are TIG welded, also the only company that i have seen to do that. havent seen sick or NW, so i dont know about them, but the other big 3 companies out there, they all MIG & grind down the welds.
I normally don't reply to the various threads that get started in this forum. Most of the time they contain misinformation, half-truths, or just plain lies. However, when the owner of one company decides to speak on behalf of other competing companies I feel compelled to put out the correct information. From our experience occasionally replacing 905 or Powers cages in our shop, we have never seen any welds that have been ground down by either company. I know for a fact that we (F.I.) NEVER grind our welds. No, we do not TIG weld our products unless requested because it is simply not as efficient for mass production and the strength and/or cosmetic differences between the two are not significant enough to warrant the overkill.

Greg Helsel
Freestyle Ingenuity
817-447-4202
Old 11-17-2005, 11:08 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

SillyFab Phil from SacNuts makes the best custom Cages,only thing u have to take it to him to make it. I have personaly 905.yes it does roll sometimes,but I put a little slider same as MXD.so after that I don't really see any difference between 2.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F.I. Greg
I normally don't reply to the various threads that get started in this forum. Most of the time they contain misinformation, half-truths, or just plain lies. However, when the owner of one company decides to speak on behalf of other competing companies I feel compelled to put out the correct information. From our experience occasionally replacing 905 or Powers cages in our shop, we have never seen any welds that have been ground down by either company. I know for a fact that we (F.I.) NEVER grind our welds. No, we do not TIG weld our products unless requested because it is simply not as efficient for mass production and the strength and/or cosmetic differences between the two are not significant enough to warrant the overkill.

Greg Helsel
Freestyle Ingenuity
817-447-4202
sorry for the misinformation. lately, on the 905 cages i have replaced, i havent seen any ground down welds either, they do look like they are cold welded though. but i have pics on my computer of both powers and 905 grinding down welds. i can post them up if you want.

i have to REALLY disagree with you on the cosmetic difference though. to compare a MIG & TIG weld and say you dont notice the cosmetic difference, even a blind person could tell. for the hardcore stunter, im sure it doesnt matter, but to me, i couldnt do it any other way.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:04 AM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F.I. Greg

Greg Helsel
Freestyle Ingenuity
817-447-4202
I tryed to contact FI..

I want to buy the new cage for my F4i
only the old ones are on the website FI

Where can I order it??

Quick Reply: What type of cage do you rock?