clutchless upshifting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:11 AM
stickman

tys0n_rr is an unknown quantity at this point
clutchless upshifting?

I was just wondering what the most proper way to clutchless upshift...i know you gotta have rpms up thats about it?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:13 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: clutchless upshifting?

pin it ,lift, shift ,pin it.....repeat when needed
Old 01-14-2007, 02:09 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

ya what he said just let off on the throttle a little then shift same as driven my peterbuilt at work
Old 01-14-2007, 02:13 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
ya what he said just let off on the throttle a little then shift same as driven my peterbuilt at work
what do you drive a tri axle?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
i said ,pin it lift shift
Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 PM

Ed-o is an unknown quantity at this point

Same way you would using the clutch.................................except..... .............dont use the cultch.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by letsride
what do you drive a tri axle?
yes a 3 axle truck and trailer its a tanker truck i haul fuel its got a 10 speed
Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point

Put pressure on the shifter and blip the throttle and the transmission will pull it into gear. You can also put some pressure on the shifter and let the rev limiter kick it into gear on the first bounce like I do.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:10 PM
stickman

tys0n_rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ed-o
Same way you would using the clutch.................................except..... .............dont use the cultch.
yah i knew that i just wanted to make sure i wasnt gunna fu*k up the gear box when i started ripping thru the gears wit no clutch....
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
also known as OMR

just use the clutch for first to second , it is a big gear ratio difference
Old 01-21-2007, 05:28 PM

pigs01GSXR2 will become famous soon enough

Dont ever force it but blipn the Trottle will be key..I wanna get the clutchless up shifter from Power commander...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
just use the clutch for first to second , it is a big gear ratio difference
:YEAH :YEAH +1
Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by tys0n_rr
yah i knew that i just wanted to make sure i wasnt gunna fu*k up the gear box when i started ripping thru the gears wit no clutch....
Ya they actually shift smoother w/o using the clutch, you wont hurt nothing. Just dont do it from 1st -2nd
Old 02-05-2007, 06:29 PM

bobthebiker is a decent person

the key is being SMOOTH about it. put light pressure on the shifter, let off the throttle for a second and let it slide right into the next gear up, it should NOT require forcing, or grinding of any gears. like I said, smoothness is key.
if you know the sweet spot on your bike, I learned you can actually shift from first to second smoothly, but you gotta do it at a specific spot. at least it was possible on my old ninja 500.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 PM

fizzergixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pigs01GSXR2
Dont ever force it but blipn the Trottle will be key..I wanna get the clutchless up shifter from Power commander...
Yeah its a good thing. I figured without that you lose about 2-3 bike lengths per shift on other guys that use it. Huge difference if you think about the amount of times you shift in a single lap.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:13 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever I'm cruising I use my clutch, but when I'm racing I never use my clutch to upshit. But there is nothing like coming into a turn, clutch in, double click, match revs and back it into a turn! So much fun!!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:52 PM

Ziptied10R is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Whenever I'm cruising I use my clutch, but when I'm racing I never use my clutch to upshit. But there is nothing like coming into a turn, clutch in, double click, match revs and back it into a turn! So much fun!!

You **** up?

Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 AM

Sytrept is a decent person

Its easy and more fluid to do when you're giving more than 50% throttle, just chop the throttle to like 25% for .000000000001 seconds as you shift it and as soon your foot is done shifitng, put more gas.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 AM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobthebiker
the key is being SMOOTH about it. put light pressure on the shifter, let off the throttle for a second and let it slide right into the next gear up, it should NOT require forcing, or grinding of any gears. like I said, smoothness is key.
if you know the sweet spot on your bike, I learned you can actually shift from first to second smoothly, but you gotta do it at a specific spot. at least it was possible on my old ninja 500.
I believe my father can clutchless shift from 1st-2nd on his bike o.0
Old 05-11-2008, 11:07 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

grinding gears is not what happens when you hear a clunk or grr sound. its the collar not engaging with the gear. the lack of synchronizers is what allows
you to clutchless shift without hurting anything. if you clutchless shift a tranny that has synchronizers and dont match the revs you can burn those out and not even notice because they shift so smoothly. not all bikes are unsynchronized. also do you notice how you need to goose it a little sometimes to downshift? this is all about matching the speeds of the collar, gear, and current speed of the output shaft.