Gsxr 1k Help, Is There Supposed To Be Something Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Gsxr 1k Help, Is There Supposed To Be Something Here

I just got this bike, I know my 02 GSXR 600 like the back of my hand, but i'm new to the 1K. Are there supposed to be cables or something attached to these parts in the pics. I looks like there's supposed to be or is something missing. Also my injectors are clicking when you turn the key on at the right bottom side (where the servo motor is on the 00 750's), it's a little black box.

Can anyone help, so I can get the parts I'm missing and fix the noise. I was told the noise might be a sensor gone back from the bike being down, but I don't know about missing parts cause i just bought the bike.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:33 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gsxr 1k Help, Is There Supposed To Be Something Here

Hey,

There is supposed to be a cable that runs off of the Exhaust valve. I bet the bike also has the Red F1 light on. If I was you I would just eliminate the valve witch I think was already tried and not successful. throw a full ti force system and you don't have the valve and have the code cleared. Also the noise is common my 01 1k does the same thing it clicks and ticks as soon as the key is turned. Its just solenoid noise and fuel pump compressing or filling up. I would have to see the bike and hear it to 100% positive but mine is the same.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:41 AM

I don't get a FI light on, so maybe the guy before me already bypassed it. Thanks for the help
Old 11-03-2004, 11:45 AM

Steve02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres 2 cables that run up to a servo on the right inner part of frame... under the tank i believe..... had to remove all that for my slip on....
the 01 came with the black mid pipe.....and the o2 came with titanium mid pipe
Old 11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

How do you reset the light? Mine has been on for months because of that stupid valve!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:48 AM

i believe you hav to remove a wire from the ecm im not sure but i could look at mine and find out
Old 11-03-2004, 12:33 PM

I LOVE that avatar KYLE, lol.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:43 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
How do you reset the light? Mine has been on for months because of that stupid valve!
cut the black wire with the brown stripe coming out of the ecm.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Will everything else still work right?
Old 11-03-2004, 03:35 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

yup, it just interrupts the signal from the ecm to the light.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:36 PM

yeah everythimg will work
Old 11-04-2004, 07:35 AM

Don't be a Hack unless it a S box I would have the Code cleared by a Tech. Or just snip the wire but now if there is another problem how will you know? I thought about it but I have a Mint 1k so will have it cleared. The code usually happens after a aftermarket exhaust is put on also.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:57 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

I am a Suzuki tech. Codes on the GSX-R's don't get cleared like a car. When the problem stops, the code will erase itself. Cutting the wire coming out of the ecm simply disables the circuit for the exhaust vavle/servo system. All other malfunctions will still be displayed by the FI light. By cutting this wire you do not disable the self diagnosis, system....just the path from the excv to the indicator light.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:42 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

i just did a frame swap, and pout after market exhaust on"CHM SHorty".. my FI lights been on.. so if i cut this wire it;'ll stop?
Old 11-04-2004, 03:50 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

yes sir. The wire was brown and black on the '01 1000. I believe it is the same for the newer 1000s. If you want to make sure, you can call Yoshimura and ask which wire to cut when you use their half system.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by standy
I am a Suzuki tech. Codes on the GSX-R's don't get cleared like a car. When the problem stops, the code will erase itself. Cutting the wire coming out of the ecm simply disables the circuit for the exhaust vavle/servo system. All other malfunctions will still be displayed by the FI light. By cutting this wire you do not disable the self diagnosis, system....just the path from the excv to the indicator light.

Thats funny cause the dealer ship around here has and can get rid of the light thru clearing the code that trips the light when the After market pipe is put on bacause the info its getting back isn't the same as stock. and if you are a SUZUKI tech you of all people should know that all your doing is Hacking the wire harness.....instead of properly getting rid of the Code. F1 code that is..............mr tech.

or you can hack you wire harness. but thanks Im all set
Old 03-05-2005, 12:49 AM
LAWN JOCKEY

Originally Posted by Pigott666gsxr
Thats funny cause the dealer ship around here has and can get rid of the light thru clearing the code that trips the light when the After market pipe is put on bacause the info its getting back isn't the same as stock. and if you are a SUZUKI tech you of all people should know that all your doing is Hacking the wire harness.....instead of properly getting rid of the Code. F1 code that is..............mr tech.

or you can hack you wire harness. but thanks Im all set
I will reply to you once again on this matter. You CAN clear the code if the problem is corrected. HOWEVER, if an aftermarket slip on is installed that does not have provisions for the exhaust valve (most cans that do not use the stock 4 bolt flange and include their own mid-pipe) this will leave the valve assembly inoperative because it does not exist. If there is no valve for the servo to operate, the code (c46) will continually appear. The ECM will detect that the resistance and voltage at the servo motor are not within the pre determined parameters, which will in turn flash a code. Simply put, you can't just clear the code, because the problem still exists, and always will.
In short, the only way to eliminate the code coming up is to retain your stock exhaust valve assembly, or clip the wire at the ECM (as Yoshimura suggests with their slip on, for example.) So technically, the only way to get rid of the code "properly", as you put it, is to leave the stock valve assy. and mid-pipe alone and install a bolt on can. I have been in this business for close to 10 years, and I don't mind helping out with questions when I have an answer. But just because you have a tech at a dealership tell you something, it doesn't make you an expert on the matter, so don't come on here and insult my ability or knowledge. He probably didn't feel it necessary to go over how the system works.....its his job to know, not yours. And for that matter, if you were up on the proper diagnosis and repair of this particular code, you wouldn't have needed a tech at a dealership to "clear" the code for you.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

lol get em standy I love it how these know it all guys cant fix there own shiat and have the dealer take care of the problem or get broomed by the dealer cause they dont want to deal with them and then come on a message board and have the f[B]ucking nerve to call you a hack!! Dont put your two cents in if you only got one to begin with!!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:06 AM
*#%@!

Hinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by standy
I will reply to you once again on this matter. You CAN clear the code if the problem is corrected. HOWEVER, if an aftermarket slip on is installed that does not have provisions for the exhaust valve (most cans that do not use the stock 4 bolt flange and include their own mid-pipe) this will leave the valve assembly inoperative because it does not exist. If there is no valve for the servo to operate, the code (c46) will continually appear. The ECM will detect that the resistance and voltage at the servo motor are not within the pre determined parameters, which will in turn flash a code. Simply put, you can't just clear the code, because the problem still exists, and always will.
In short, the only way to eliminate the code coming up is to retain your stock exhaust valve assembly, or clip the wire at the ECM (as Yoshimura suggests with their slip on, for example.) So technically, the only way to get rid of the code "properly", as you put it, is to leave the stock valve assy. and mid-pipe alone and install a bolt on can. I have been in this business for close to 10 years, and I don't mind helping out with questions when I have an answer. But just because you have a tech at a dealership tell you something, it doesn't make you an expert on the matter, so don't come on here and insult my ability or knowledge. He probably didn't feel it necessary to go over how the system works.....its his job to know, not yours. And for that matter, if you were up on the proper diagnosis and repair of this particular code, you wouldn't have needed a tech at a dealership to "clear" the code for you.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:47 AM

gixxer671 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awesome, put it to them, I have 2 gsxr 1000's and it wasn't until I bought the second one and saw that the black wire with the brown stripe had been pulled out of the harness connector to bypass it, then I knew how to get rid of that FI light flashing for a (*&^% year after I put on a used Yosh half system on my first one. Everything that has been said here is all there is to say. The bike will operate fine without the cables, I believe that Yosh claims that their half system actually loses just a bit midrange, but opens up quiet a bit of topend. I would suggest that you just get a midsystem, because if those cable are half as fun putting back on as they are taking off.... it's gonna suck. Werd.

Quick Reply: Gsxr 1k Help, Is There Supposed To Be Something Here