04 GSXR 1000 taillight

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:39 PM

ToesToTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
04 GSXR 1000 taillight

hey I was wondering if any of you guys have replaced the stock red light with another one and had any problems reinstalling it?? I'm putting a clear one on and it doesn't seem to want to fit flush... the screw right at the inside of rear tail seems to serve no purpose whatsoever. Can anyone help?? I can't seem to tighten this mysterious screw either..
Old 10-04-2004, 02:26 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: 04 GSXR 1000 taillight

Originally Posted by ToesToTheSun
hey I was wondering if any of you guys have replaced the stock red light with another one and had any problems reinstalling it?? I'm putting a clear one on and it doesn't seem to want to fit flush... the screw right at the inside of rear tail seems to serve no purpose whatsoever. Can anyone help?? I can't seem to tighten this mysterious screw either..
I think its a slip on deal, or that whole srew assembly glues on or somthing. I was wondering the same thing. I bought another set of plastics for my bike and the tail came with the light already installed. Its wierd...
Old 10-04-2004, 09:56 AM

ranchosmog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 04 GSXR 1000 taillight

cool i see you got that gixer after all what did you end up paying? anyway ya i installed the intergrated tail light on mine and if i can remember corectly that phillips screw slides in a bracket and there no need to tighten it. you put the screw on the light but dont turn it all the way down and then when you put your light in just slide it into the bracket and it should end up snug. i think i got that light from clear solutions or somthing i cant really remember but i did have a question about hooking up the turn signal ground and they called me back the next day with a answer. oh ya you should pull your undertail down a lil too or you wont be able to install it right
Old 10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 04 GSXR 1000 taillight

Originally Posted by ranchosmog
cool i see you got that gixer after all what did you end up paying? anyway ya i installed the intergrated tail light on mine and if i can remember corectly that phillips screw slides in a bracket and there no need to tighten it. you put the screw on the light but dont turn it all the way down and then when you put your light in just slide it into the bracket and it should end up snug. oh ya you should pull your undertail down a lil too or you wont be able to install it right
Exactly, a screw with two rubber/metal grommets. Slide the new light in and there should be one screw (if I can rembember right) that holds it down inside the tail. But if not, slide that new one in and you should be all set.

If you want a tricked out MotoGP style exhaust go to www.hotbodiesracing.com. That is the one I threw on my boy Art's bike and it was really sweet..... Took about two hours.