Circle Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 06:44 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person
Re: Circle Wheelies

in your approach, keep your speed real consistent, dont be accelerating or decelerating
Old 11-12-2005, 06:51 PM

Elmo is an unknown quantity at this point

good thread...

will try out some of the advice today...

hey LSR Manubi.... how's yours coming along, i'm around the same stage as you....
post up a vid, i'm keen to see it... i'll post one up this arvo after my session..

-Elmo
Old 12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I Can Only Do Them Now With Foot On The Seat Going To The Right.my Left Leg Gets Worn Out Quick Though.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:59 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Everytime you do anything new for the first few times is "skarry" thats the fun in ridding.. Suck it up,, the more times you do it the less scarry it becomes.. That scarry feeling is were you need to always be so get used to it... its your friend..
when I'm about to do something new or something I'm about to learn I try to project the trick in my head over and over again (from a first person view of course) and that makes your mind used to it and you know what to expect (well not exactly but at least roughly) and fear goes away cuz it isn't so unknown to you anymore. That would be psyhology 101.

And with circles the basic problem is that ppl are affraid to play with the throttle, brake and clutch and therefore can't keep the bike balanced. I'll try and explain the way that is somehow easiest for me. Body position is a matter of personal perference (as is the idle, and no one can tell you this info but you gotta figure what suits you) but I like 'em staggered or foot in the seat or trunk just fine. But let's say you are going staggered. You bring the bike up and slow it down to consistant speed that suits you best...but be shure to go pretty slow for learning...around 5 mph. When you got it steady bring it past BP. After this, you got 3 things to do simultaneusly - switch the weigh to left foot, turn bars to the left and lean left trying to keep your spine parallel with the bike. When the bike starts to fall to the side you let off the brake letting the idle carry you and counter steer (in this case to the right). Now you have made the entrance to the circle and the rest is just adding throttle and brake to keep the bike balanced and steering/counter steering to keep the bike at the right angle. Always keep one finger on the clutch and if it starts to stall out just slip it. If you do it as descirbed above the circles should be pretty tight, especially if you keep the idle at lower range.

Before doing it for real, do it in your head trying to think of all the elements involved in this game until your brain has it on lock first. You shouldn't throw your bike into circle not knowing what to do next cuz it's like a game of chess - you gotta think at least few moves ahead and be prepeared for corrections. If you know what these corrections should be in time you'll be able to react, but if it catches you unprepared your mind won't be able to react so fast and you'r going to loose your self in this game and won't know your next step.

Ok, this was little bit too long, but hope it helps to someone...
Old 12-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Random User

kolour-me-carbo is an unknown quantity at this point

good description there. I've got the turn in like you describe but then as soon as it's happening (ie turning the first 90degrees) I think ' wow I got it!' then it runs on in a straight line. Are you turning your head and looking were your about to be going or are you looking at the front of the bike, watching it's height? Do you need to keep pulling the bike over or leaning into the turn (this has no effect for me) or once its leaned and turning does it carry on round as long as speed is low enough?

This is same on Fiddy and 900.

long message thread this one!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:26 PM
wheres all the fat girls

what helped me a lot was to keep the bike lugging as low as I could, like 1000 rpm, the slower the circle and the lower the RPM, the more forgiving it was to throttle inputs..jerky throttle inputs kill the side to side stability

thats actually something i learned about no handers last night too, the more smooth you are on the brake, it adds a lot of side to side stablity, i used to pulse the brake when i did the no handers and now I do them real smooth and it feels a million times more stable.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:35 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kolour-me-carbo
good description there. I've got the turn in like you describe but then as soon as it's happening (ie turning the first 90degrees) I think ' wow I got it!' then it runs on in a straight line. Are you turning your head and looking were your about to be going or are you looking at the front of the bike, watching it's height? Do you need to keep pulling the bike over or leaning into the turn (this has no effect for me) or once its leaned and turning does it carry on round as long as speed is low enough?

This is same on Fiddy and 900.

long message thread this one!
sounds like your idle might be too high and your fighting it with the brake or just applying too much brake making it stall for a sec and continue to go in a given direction.

You shouldn't look at the bike nor keep your head moving with the bike, instead look at the way your spining and keep the look fixated until bike almost reaches the direction you look at and then you move your view again. It will help you not get dizzy and feel the spin better...don't know how to say it better.

@martino: of course what you say is true. It's the same as with chopping the throttle - it gets you wobbles, and if your smooth it decreases wobbles. The RB is same as throttle - just another way of controling height and if you do it choppy...you get wobbles...When practicing NH's It's better to loose BP and drop the front down 10 times while being smooth and feathering the brake then ride one out of control NH for long distance...at least for me...
Old 12-02-2006, 06:08 PM

chadnine is a decent person

i've got an 01 929 and i hear alot from people is that i need to learn circles on a lighter bike like a f4i. i no i will get it sooner or later but there kickin my ***. any more advice?
Old 12-03-2006, 12:37 AM
wheres all the fat girls

Originally Posted by cycochad
i've got an 01 929 and i hear alot from people is that i need to learn circles on a lighter bike like a f4i. i no i will get it sooner or later but there kickin my ***. any more advice?
its not that its lighter, its that the 929 has a hundred foot pounds of torque at low RPM and will get away from you quicker than ****, versus a six hundred thats has half the power at low RPM and is more forgiving. trade in the 929 for a 600, if you wanna start learning circles and slow **** its the single best thing you can do man
Old 12-03-2006, 11:55 AM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats for sure. I had a 954 and traded it for a f4i and its the best thing i ever did. I miss it for the streets. You could use the 929 but it not going to be easy..
Old 12-09-2006, 07:55 PM

chadnine is a decent person

thanx. i think i'm going to take everybodys advise and find a f4i it seems like its taking way to long to learn circles. the 929 is awesome but i think its holding me back from from the circles i've been working on. i'm in ga. so let me know if you know somebody with one.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:43 PM
wheres all the fat girls

Originally Posted by cycochad
thanx. i think i'm going to take everybodys advise and find a f4i it seems like its taking way to long to learn circles. the 929 is awesome but i think its holding me back from from the circles i've been working on. i'm in ga. so let me know if you know somebody with one.
cool if you really want a cheater circle bike check out the 636.. 05 and up GSXR600s are cheater circle bikes too
Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 AM

jorinio is a decent person

Hi guys, Im new at stunting and I need an advice.How many tooths rear sprocket to put on my r6 2007?Thank you in advace
Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Nub Powner

Gixxer J is a decent person

id say atleat (if your new) get a 68 tooth or bigger! the bigger the better right! jk
Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jorinio
Hi guys, Im new at stunting and I need an advice.How many tooths rear sprocket to put on my r6 2007?Thank you in advace
ha way to bump a thread from 2004 ahah. Melvin kills it now a days BTW.

and bro why would you even ask that question in a thread talking about circles...

and i see your from chicago. where at?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:19 AM

J_Rod is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha this thred is old lol
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Dempsey is a decent person

this is an old post hahaha
Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I can do circles now
Old 03-28-2009, 03:52 PM

okiewheelieboy is a decent person

I can turn 1/2 circles, but its like the bike jus kicks out and wants to go straight, Im running bout 12-15 pds. air pressure, Does that make it harder to turn. If so what air pressure do you guys recommend?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM

okiewheelieboy is a decent person

I traded my 00 R1 for a 03 636, sold my gsxr stuntbike, an building my 636 now. I already know its gonna be lot better than the gsxr 750 i had.

Quick Reply: Circle Wheelies