slowing them down

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:08 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point
slowing them down

ok so i have back brake control well so i think... learn it on kfx400 and my 50 ... now im getting to playing around on my 6.

the past few days when i ride good long 2nd gear clutch ups when i land im going ~90mph ... for me thats a little fast to be coming down .. so my question is what do i need todo to slow these bitches down to maybe 70 since im clutching it up ~40.

do i need to pick it up higher ?
work the rear brake alot ?
keep in mind im only working on sitdowns now not standups

tips plz
Old 08-19-2004, 07:17 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: slowing them down

Yeah, Higher. You'll feel it. I haven't got them to where I can do slow ones on throttle alone and only tap the brake when I need it. I ride the rear brake and work it and the throttle together. My bikes fugged right now so practice some for me K!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:01 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mekrew
ok so i have back brake control well so i think... learn it on kfx400 and my 50 ... now im getting to playing around on my 6.

the past few days when i ride good long 2nd gear clutch ups when i land im going ~90mph ... for me thats a little fast to be coming down .. so my question is what do i need todo to slow these bitches down to maybe 70 since im clutching it up ~40.

tips plz
clutchin it up at 40 is good, just balance it out now, youll stay at a consistant speed, and put it down at almost the same speed you brought it up at..
Old 08-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Albgixxer
Yeah, Higher. You'll feel it. I haven't got them to where I can do slow ones on throttle alone and only tap the brake when I need it. I ride the rear brake and work it and the throttle together. My bikes fugged right now so practice some for me K!
i have something to say about yur post aldgixxer. but im eatng right now (cuz im frickin fat as hell. cant stop eating) so i will post when im done. if im ever done.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

ok damn that was tasty meat. any way bare with me here my o key sucks i really got to pound the **** out of it with my finger. aight albgixxer about your post. i forgot what it was that was goin to say about it. vetty sorry. i think it had some thing to do with you saying "practice some for me k"
Old 08-19-2004, 09:14 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

u just gotta go higher. u dont need to use the brake. i have an 00 r6 geared stock that i rock in 3rd at about 70mph. wen u r high enuf u will hear ur rpms drop a lil. i do mine standing tho. you should prolly just learn to do standups so that u can atleast see where ur goin.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:07 PM

mikejuice is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: slowing them down

What i do to slow down my wheelies in 2nd is lean back more. Then you dont have to pull the bike up as high to reach the balance point. It distributes the weight differently.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:21 PM

20blks is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been trying to lean very far back lately and I think it's working. I have on 01 929 and I bring it up at 35-40 and come down around 80. I would like to stay around 60. Is it ok to lean back while it's coming up? My throttle control is pretty good in second.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:48 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

both the brake and higher but mostly practice
Old 08-21-2004, 11:03 PM

gixxer_750 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a gsxr 750 and i clutch it up around 35 in second so when the front comes up im doin about 40-45 and i dont brake i just lay off the gas and if its goin back dont be scared just lean forward a lil (if its goin to far..BRAKE!) but try to lay off the back break cuz on most bikes its to sincitive and will bring the wheelie straight down
Old 08-21-2004, 11:50 PM

LowViscosity is an unknown quantity at this point

The back brake won't slow it down until your past balance point.... I slow mine down all engein braking once i go past BP in scecond... i pull it up at around 55 then hit about 70 then slow it down to around 60... just go further back.. if your speedin' up its because u aren't high enough... just becareful up there... second will get as twitch as first Cover the back break
and Albgixxer.... my bike is gonna look exactly like yours after tonight .. i pulled it up at around 12 mph and my body weight wastn' even.. threw the bike over and to the side... haha fu*ked my **** up...and sore o well you live and learn
Old 08-22-2004, 10:10 AM

bahamaspete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mekrew

tips plz
90 mph!! Give a nigg a dollar!!!! Yes pick it up sooner and higher. Practice reacting to rear brake while on two wheels during regular 2 wheel riding, this should get the links between your ankle and your brain working properly.
Once you get her up to comfort level or even near balance point, make it your buisness to keep it there, Onewheeler!!
By the way I scraped it today on my XT600 going to work doing about 25mph in second gear. A guy was walking pass in the opposite direction, almost **** his panties when the brake light skidded over the ashpault!! :YEAH
Old 08-22-2004, 12:00 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

I got the hang of slowing them down after parking lot work in 1st. But I find that I get my best results in coming up sooner and as I am going through balance point, I don't chop the throttle I back it off a little and come in with a touch of brake. Keep your throttle hand steady and control balance with your foot. That works for me, anyone else got advice?