slider on a katana

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 07:15 PM

SEmerson is an unknown quantity at this point
slider on a katana

Has any one put sliders on a katana I have a 02 and a freind of mine has a 98. We would like to add some. Any info or pics would be geat.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:24 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: slider on a katana

Nobody sells a kit, but they're easy to make. Since you have the new body style you can do it without cutting the fairings. Buy some generic extended sliders off ebay, and some low grade steel bolts. Then drill holes in the frame where the red X is.

Last edited by MikeM; 03-17-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 PM

SEmerson is an unknown quantity at this point

What are thay made of? Can I buy stock and make my own? Is there any thing that saves the pipe? Or just one slider on each side?
Old 04-15-2004, 10:46 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SEmerson
What are thay made of? Can I buy stock and make my own? Is there any thing that saves the pipe? Or just one slider on each side?

Theyre frickin cheap on ebay, just buy some. And if thats not enough protection, you could get some crash bars, but they wont fit with the lower fairings on.

Last edited by MikeM; 03-17-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:42 PM

reallyBIGfuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I gots a 01 katana, if u wanna use some sliders, don't put them in the top hole in the fairing! I was tryin 2 b quick and get em on, and when everything was said and done I went to test them out 2 c how good they worked... my bike was sitting on the ground with both tires touching and the 'stator?' cover. The sliders were like 1inch from the ground, so 2day is fixin my stupid *** mistake day
Old 08-17-2004, 05:51 PM

Kelly. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
Theyre frickin cheap on ebay, just buy some. And if thats not enough protection, you could get some crash bars, but they wont fit with the lower fairings on.
have you tested that cage out?
the bars look alittle thin,

reason i ask is im tryon to make a cage fro my f2, it is goona kinda look like that. id liketo know if yours works

sorry about the thread hijack..
Old 08-17-2004, 05:56 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking of putting mushrooms on my 01 can-o-tuna, but I'm going to sell in a few months so I'm not sure if I should bother. BTW, how do you guys test yours? Do you just like, push the bike over or do you do it controlled? It might be funny to go into a parking lot and pretend the bike isn't your and you're just admiring it and then "accidently" tip it over while a bunch of people are watching and then run away. From your bike.
Um, ya
Old 08-21-2004, 02:09 PM

sphinx842 is an unknown quantity at this point

as long as no one else trys it out haha...