skitching from behind

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 12:56 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough
Question skitching from behind

Hey guys, what is the best way to skitch from behind?? I can skitch on both sides of the bike, but I've always wanted to be able to hang off of the back. Could you send me some tips or tricks to help me out.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Regular StuntLifer

gman_gsxr750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Find a place with a long straight road with no traffic. Practice just letting the bike cruise straight while you sit on the back seat on the rear pegs until you are comfortable not being in the driver's seat. Then maybe get a friend to stand about 50 yards ahead of you in case you let go or fall or can't get back on.... they can rodeo that biatch for you. Once your ready, plant both hands on the rear seat, lift yourself up with your feet/hands, and jump off. You may want to keep your chest on the rear seat the first couple of times just to make sure you stay with the bike but again, once you get comfortable you can hang off the back and do one-handers/footers, etc. When your ready to get back on just slide your feet closer to the bike and plant some weight on them while you jump and pull with your hands. The friction from the road will sling-shot you up. Then just pull yourself back onto the front/rear seat. The hardest part about any stunt is overcoming the fear of trying it for the first time. After that.... it's all cake. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:45 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
ya, tha'ts about the best way to put it.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:07 PM

MissZx6 is an unknown quantity at this point
It also may help if you have someone else drive the bike with you on the back, then you wont have to worry about you AND the bike wrecking. They can hold the bike straight and steady once you get the feel for it then try yourself.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:21 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Originally posted by MissZx6
It also may help if you have someone else drive the bike with you on the back, then you wont have to worry about you AND the bike wrecking. They can hold the bike straight and steady once you get the feel for it then try yourself.

yep. also take it eay on just jumping back there. Just slide off slowly and when coming back up don't try the bounce thing tillyou get used to it. You'll try to bounce and not pull hard enough and then your f'ed. Just slide yourself back up like going off.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:50 PM

SkiTchN is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by gman_gsxr750
Find a place with a long straight road with no traffic. Practice just letting the bike cruise straight while you sit on the back seat on the rear pegs until you are comfortable not being in the driver's seat. Then maybe get a friend to stand about 50 yards ahead of you in case you let go or fall or can't get back on.... they can rodeo that biatch for you. Once your ready, plant both hands on the rear seat, lift yourself up with your feet/hands, and jump off. You may want to keep your chest on the rear seat the first couple of times just to make sure you stay with the bike but again, once you get comfortable you can hang off the back and do one-handers/footers, etc. When your ready to get back on just slide your feet closer to the bike and plant some weight on them while you jump and pull with your hands. The friction from the road will sling-shot you up. Then just pull yourself back onto the front/rear seat. The hardest part about any stunt is overcoming the fear of trying it for the first time. After that.... it's all cake. Good luck.
I agree!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:03 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get a chance this week to try it. I'll let ya know how it goes, hopefully I stay vertical.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:35 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Don't let the bike slow down too much or it gets squirlly. I learned that the hard way and ended up in a beanfield! Haven't done one since!
Old 09-16-2003, 10:15 AM

Hey, should I get a steering stabilizer before trying it?
Old 09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Just buy one cheap-a$$!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:37 PM

MissZx6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Kyle_PBZ
Don't let the bike slow down too much or it gets squirlly. I learned that the hard way and ended up in a beanfield! Haven't done one since!
You could get a cruise controll clip on for the bike so it doesn't slow. I know a lot of guys that put the choke on to keep it cruisin and some just put it in neutral.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:42 PM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by timex
Hey, should I get a steering stabilizer before trying it?
no, just make sure if you're just riding regular and let go of the bars it doesnt wobble. on my bike, if the front tire is low or bald, if i let go it goes into a nasty wobble. so make sure you got a new or good tire on it....
Old 09-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

crazy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
get a dampner for sure man. You don't want to have to watch the ol' yzf750 take a ghost ride down the street. A dampner will make things much more stable and also is good for the mental support just knowing that the bike is going to go strait and not make any funny moves on ya.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:17 PM

james99099 is an unknown quantity at this point
not good

Tried one of these tonight. I practiced a few times on the kickstand. Had a go at about 20 mph. I got off the back fine, when it was time to get on, the bike got squirrly and started to weave. It ran off the road and into the grass and fell. No big deal it was funny as ****. Also got my christ stands down tonight plus my rolling high chair burnouts. these are way easier than standing on the pegs.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:29 AM

Highchair burnouts are easier than on the pegs?? I understand about the weight, but doesn't it get squirly a whole lot easier??
Old 09-18-2003, 02:56 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
dude you should be trying this at a little faster than 20. Thats pretty much why it wobbled cause you were going so slow. Try gettin off at like 50. This way you'll have time to get back on.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:20 PM

james99099 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah but 50 hurts a lot more than 20 doesn't it
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: skitching from behind

Do you need me to show you how to do this you squid.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:08 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Borne
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get a chance this week to try it. I'll let ya know how it goes, hopefully I stay vertical.
so howd that work out?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Borne
Hey guys, what is the best way to skitch from behind?? I can skitch on both sides of the bike, but I've always wanted to be able to hang off of the back. Could you send me some tips or tricks to help me out.
from a gorila roll

octopus

Quick Reply: skitching from behind