636 Pulsating brake after front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 06:40 PM
The Bike Butcher

Sparky88 is a decent person
636 Pulsating brake after front end swap

Hey guys, this is my first post so please don't flame the **** out of me for being a noob.

I recently swapped the front end on my 03 Kawasaki 636 to the 06 front end(forks, discs and front guard). It went together a treat. The discs were brand new from Ebay. They looked great and I can't see any runout in them(have yet to put a dial indicator on) and the pulse seems to frequent to be a single runout spot.

I'm a motorcycle mechanic and have had plenty experience fitting discs, forks etc.

Has anyone else had this problem of a pulsing front brake after switching to the 06 front end?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:46 AM
The Bike Butcher

Sparky88 is a decent person
Re: 636 Pulsating brake after front end swap

Blues Cluesed the **** out of this one but i think i got it nailed.

I figured I must have assembled it wrong. Full of self doubt I ventured to the work to use all my tools. After taking the front wheel out, removing the discs, checking them on glass checking for corrosion on the wheel refitting it all and settling the front end- it was sweet. I did some hard braking, a couple of small endos and began my ride home. By the time I got back it was as bad as ever.
I did a little thinking and remembered how I was stoked with the price I got them for off ebay. Well guess what boys and girls! I bought **** aftermarket discs. Transferring to hot and cold quickly has heat warped them. Now they are fine at a certain temp. But too hot/cold they are out of shape. The effect under brakes makes my bike feel like I'm trying to have sex with an epileptic in a strobe light.

Let that be a lesson to myself and other who try to get a good deal on Ebay. Spend the dollars, get the good gear. You won't regret it.