Gsxr wont deliver fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:28 PM

asayers71 is a decent person
Angry Gsxr wont deliver fuel.

Ok so I have a 05 GSXR 600. About 3 months back I'm riding downtown w/ a passenger on the back, hit the throttle and lost all power to the bike. Lights, fuel, everything. Haul it back to the house and replace the main fuse. On my way to work and back blew 12-15 fuses. Leave it running in the garage to find where its getting hot and the voltage regulator starts smoking. The connector was melted and the wires were toasted. I kill the bike and order a new regulator. In the meantime I start checking grounds and the tank falls. Get the tank back a month later put the new regulator on and it cranks but wont start. Replace my plugs and fire test them. Getting fire no fuel. I buy a used pump and new relay. Both pump will prime but wont pump. Previous owner had crimped many wires (thinking he previously had neons), so I check all the connections. Fuel pump wire isn't getting any power between the pump and the CDI.(No crimps). All my other wires are receiving power. Any ideas???

I've replaced:
Fuel pump
Fuel pump relay
Fuel hose
Voltage regulator
Plugs

Only mods on the bike are:
Paint and appearance items
Exhaust

I'm in the process of bypassing my TOS and kickstand switch. And yes my bike is in neutral/kickstand up when I try to start it.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

(Bike is the white one. I've already sold the yellow or I'd swap test parts)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	249505_235376003142425_100000100810022_1122808_3052524_n.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	244821  
Old 03-28-2024, 04:49 PM

ScandalousType is a decent person
Re: Gsxr wont deliver fuel.

Originally Posted by asayers71
Ok so I have a 05 GSXR 600. About 3 months back I'm riding downtown w/ a passenger on the back, hit the throttle and lost all power to the bike. Lights, fuel, everything. Haul it back to the house and replace the main fuse. On my way to work and back blew 12-15 fuses. Leave it running in the garage to find where its getting hot and the voltage regulator starts smoking. The connector was melted and the wires were toasted. I kill the bike and order a new regulator. In the meantime I start checking grounds and the tank falls. Get the tank back a month later put the new regulator on and it cranks but wont start. Replace my plugs and fire test them. Getting fire no fuel. I buy a used pump and new relay. Both pump will prime but wont pump. Previous owner had crimped many wires (thinking he previously had neons), so I check all the connections. Fuel pump wire isn't getting any power between the pump and the CDI.(No crimps). All my other wires are receiving power. Any ideas???

I've replaced:
Fuel pump
Fuel pump relay
Fuel hose
Voltage regulator
Plugs

Only mods on the bike are:
Paint and appearance items
Exhaust

I'm in the process of bypassing my TOS and kickstand switch. And yes my bike is in neutral/kickstand up when I try to start it.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

(Bike is the white one. I've already sold the yellow or I'd swap test parts)

So what was the issue ? My pump works replaced stator, rectifier, new wires from stator to rec, iv got continuity from the relay to the fuel pump. Just won’t prime when the keys turned to on position. Should there be any numbers on multimeter while battery is disconnected from the relay to the fuel pump I’m getting numbers with no power to bike. Just doesn’t do the bleep sound it’s strange