warming up tires for stoppies?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 01:23 AM

kat600 is an unknown quantity at this point
warming up tires for stoppies?

It's the newbie again!When I ride I gotta be careful cuz I ain't got my L's yet.So alot of times I go out for short rides and try to tighten up my skillz.Iwas out 2nite & it seemed like my front tire wanted to lock up every time I tried to stoppie.Is it partly bcuz of the moisture of the night air & the fact that I didn't give my tires a chance to get warmed up?It ain't like I'm just mashin the brake I got more finesse than that,but my front wheel only locked up on me once b4.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:46 AM

01Katana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man dont worry about the License part Imean if youhave your learners your good the only way a cop is gonna stop you is if you are flyin ihave been ridin street bike for almost 10 years never been stopped yet Hope to never be plus if you are speedin most chances they wont chase you any way youshould warm you tire for a stoppie in my opinon just by breakin hard a few times before you actualll sttept the stoppie but advice from me if you are just learnin to ride dont do stoppies yet but that is up to you focus on easier stuff that wont smach your face in the ground anyway be safe no matter what
Old 08-07-2003, 02:16 AM

TERMINATOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont be scared its only a machine
Old 08-07-2003, 03:05 AM

P-Kidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TERMINATOR
:

: I like dat!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0150.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	28681  
Old 08-07-2003, 05:33 AM

Diviniti is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 01Katana
Hey man dont worry about the License part Imean if youhave your learners your good the only way a cop is gonna stop you is if you are flyin ihave been ridin street bike for almost 10 years never been stopped yet Hope to never be plus if you are speedin most chances they wont chase you any way youshould warm you tire for a stoppie in my opinon just by breakin hard a few times before you actualll sttept the stoppie but advice from me if you are just learnin to ride dont do stoppies yet but that is up to you focus on easier stuff that wont smach your face in the ground anyway be safe no matter what
what exactly is the "safer" stuff? standing up, or letting go of grips. OR standing AND letting go of the grips? I dunno that one may be to extreme...
Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 AM

Daniel411 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to move to where ever it is that you're at where the police won't chase you the majority of the time!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:18 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
if ur wheel is slidin out from under u its because u arent loadin the front forks first. just press the front brake a lil so the bike starts to lean forward, then grab a handful & it will come up. to get the feelin of the back tire comin up, go 10mph & bounce on the pegs & grab the break while leaning forward. it will only come up about 2 or 3 feet at the most. then when u get used to that get it up to 35, load forks & grab break
Old 08-07-2003, 01:07 PM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, if you're locking up, preload the forks first, just jab the breaks a little before you go for the stoppie. Also, slide all the way up on the seat and squeeze the tank with your tighs like it's jenna jameson and lean forward.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:14 PM

Diviniti is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Daniel411
I want to move to where ever it is that you're at where the police won't chase you the majority of the time!!!
Your already 10 mins from there my friend..
Old 08-08-2003, 02:50 AM

Fu@k you terminator, Icome here for help & you ain't been doin **** but talkin **** & bein in the way on everybody's thread.If you ain't here to help then take ur as$ back to hollywood & do a movie or somethin
Old 08-08-2003, 04:26 AM

clumbsybiker is an unknown quantity at this point
TERMINATED! Lmao! Could this be the result of advice from Terminator?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ri%5flacaze%2ejpg.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	28767  
Old 08-10-2003, 10:02 PM

mgranzow is an unknown quantity at this point
kat600... chill out man.. its just the internet.

heh.. anyway, i honestly don't think katana's are good for stunting. (believe me, i have one).. i haven''t been riding long, but every time i try some fun on my bike, i get reminded why i need to get something different.

now an f2, or an r6, thats another story.

i've tried and tried to stoppie my katana. never had the back tire come up yet. be sure to shift your weight to the front and just brake a few times from like 50 or 60 and give them a try.. but usually the tires on katana's aren't true sport tires becuase the katana is a sport touring bike, not a street bike like a gixxer, yzf-r1 or 6, cbr or whatever.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:55 PM

tach409 is an unknown quantity at this point
one problem i have is pavement...it's simple but alot of people don't think about how slick the pavement is also leaves and crap on the road make it slick
hey these are trivial ideas but they hadn't been said yet
Old 08-10-2003, 11:08 PM

01Katana is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Originally posted by mgranzow
kat600... chill out man.. its just the internet.

heh.. anyway, i honestly don't think katana's are good for stunting. (believe me, i have one).. i haven''t been riding long, but every time i try some fun on my bike, i get reminded why i need to get something different.

now an f2, or an r6, thats another story.

i've tried and tried to stoppie my katana. never had the back tire come up yet. be sure to shift your weight to the front and just brake a few times from like 50 or 60 and give them a try.. but usually the tires on katana's aren't true sport tires becuase the katana is a sport touring bike, not a street bike like a gixxer, yzf-r1 or 6, cbr or whatever.
Not true it's not hard to do a stoppie you just have to know how to do them and practice them it can be done but after you do them alot you will need brakes anyway Katanas are not that bad youjust have to practice on them and get used to them you cant just come into riding let alon stuntin and think you are gonna bust a long a$$ wheelie or a stoppie. You must be or something Juts practice with it practice the rest of this season you should be ok for next just my
Old 08-11-2003, 12:58 AM

dstrwlt is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 750 Kat and I do stoppies all the time they are fairly easy. These guys have pretty much summed up everything. Just keep trying, they will come.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:38 PM

7even is an unknown quantity at this point
...advice from me if you are just learnin to ride dont do stoppies yet but that is up to you focus on easier stuff that wont smach your face in the ground anyway be safe no matter what
When you say 'easier stuff', what kind of stuntz are cosidered 'easier' ???
Old 08-11-2003, 11:55 PM

Not true it's not hard to do a stoppie you just have to know how to do them and practice them it can be done but after you do them alot you will need brakes anyway Katanas are not that bad youjust have to practice on them and get used to them you cant just come into riding let alon stuntin and think you are gonna bust a long a$$ wheelie or a stoppie. You must be or something Juts practice with it practice the rest of this season you should be ok for next just my
I hear that, doing stoppies is about the only thing I can do. They do eat your brakes up bad . I layed my bike down the other day cuz I ate my pads up in just a couple of weeks and plus they were really hot cuz I was doin stoppies and ballin out like 120 I had to stop in kind've a hurry & my brakes weren't tryin to here that $hit.I looked at my pads afterwards & there's almost nothin left. Stoppies definetly shorten the lifespan on these heavy f@ckers.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:56 PM

I hear that, doing stoppies is about the only thing I can do. They do eat your brakes up bad . I layed my bike down the other day cuz I ate my pads up in just a couple of weeks and plus they were really hot cuz I was doin stoppies and ballin out like 120 I had to stop in kind've a hurry & my brakes weren't tryin to here that $hit.I looked at my pads afterwards & there's almost nothin left. Stoppies definetly shorten the lifespan on these heavy f@ckers.