636 mods????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 AM

FlyHighStaccs is a decent person
636 mods????

Can I do any of these mods to a 04 636 if so how please and if not what are all the mods I can do to the 04 636?

clutch mod installed momentary switch

switched auto tre

set valve removal left valve open, removed cables, clipped ecu pin and left box connected to wiring harness

idle screw 1/4 hose extension 6 inches of hose attached to idle screw

remove secondary butterflies
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person
Re: 636 mods????

This shouldhelp you out on setting the bike up
http://www.naarden.biz/setting-up-ka...r-stunting.asp
Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by NAARDEN INC
This shouldhelp you out on setting the bike up
http://www.naarden.biz/setting-up-ka...r-stunting.asp

thank you
Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i dont even know what you mean by half of those mods but taking out the secondaries is for better flow when the bike is high in the rpm range but it will actually hurt the low end pull which is exactly what you dont want to do for a stunt bike ..

and i think you are asking about an exhaust servo bypass which does not apply for an 03 04 because they dont have the valve in the exhaust like the 05 06 ..

and the idle cable on the 03 04 636 is below the seat and pretty easy to reach ..
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 AM

my bad man, i was reading some stuff got excited thinking im bout to do something to my bike but i think all that applys tot he gsxr??? anyone know about this TRE MOD i was reading about?? and something about tricking the ecu to think its in 6th gear?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:08 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

a must do on a 636 if youre gonna be doing wheelies is the clean air mod , not block off plates but rather rerouting the cranck case vent to the pair system ..

here is a pretty good description from another forum member

incase anybody is wondering, all you need to do this is 2ft of 1/2" heater hose, a 1/2" bolt, a 7/16" bolt, and a small screw.

pull hose A off at the T and put the small screw in it. you can leave the port open.

pull hose B off at the T and at the airbox, pull hose C off at the motor and at the airbox. Replace them with the 2ft of 1/2" heater hose and it should look like they do in the pic conncected by the red.

use the 1/2" bolt to plug the back hole in the airbox where you removed hose C.

use the 7/16" bolt to plug the front hole in the airbox where you removed hose B.

THATS IT. NOTHING MORE.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by FlyHighStaccs
my bad man, i was reading some stuff got excited thinking im bout to do something to my bike but i think all that applys tot he gsxr??? anyone know about this TRE MOD i was reading about?? and something about tricking the ecu to think its in 6th gear?
tre is just a timing retard eliminator also a mod for top end and not really needed for a stunt bike , stunt bikes need low end power and low end torque and most mods you find on lets say a normal sport bike forum will not actually be good for a stunt bike because they increase top end power and decrease low end power ..
Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 AM
also known as OMR

forgot to mention that the clean air mod i suggested above is to keep oil from pumping into your air box while doing a wheelie , it will reroute any overflow directly to the exhaust ..

better the oil go in your exhaust and cause smoke than the oil go into your combustion chamber and toss a rod out the front of the motor ..
Old 09-24-2010, 03:18 AM

okay i got you. and yea thats the kleen air mod im going to do that this weekend. im also going to pick up a new chain and sprocket i was stunting a 05 750 gsxr running driven 530 conv -1 front 54t rear. i want to run a 57t rear with 525 conv on my 636 with 15t front but still be able to ride the streets or should i run the -1 54t 525 conv rear on the 636?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 AM
also known as OMR

okay i got you. and yea thats the kleen air mod im going to do that this weekend. im also going to pick up a new chain and sprocket i was stunting a 05 750 gsxr running driven 530 conv -1 front 54t rear. i want to run a 57t rear with 525 conv on my 636 with 15t front but still be able to ride the streets or should i run the -1 54t 525 conv rear on the 636?
i run a 62 so i may be the wrong person to ask about gearing another thing i just remembered make sure you support your radiator or you will rip the top mounts right off ..
Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i run a 62 so i may be the wrong person to ask about gearing another thing i just remembered make sure you support your radiator or you will rip the top mounts right off ..

lol funny you mention that i have to buy a new one because the guy i picked it up from already has it hanging there with some broken tack welds from trying to repair it. other than that still tryna put her back together

Before and after pic (still looking for orange fairings black tail)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0030.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	241787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0049.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	241788  
Old 09-24-2010, 03:41 AM
also known as OMR

looks like you already got a big gear on it give it a try you might like it , no good for highway riding but great for stunting ...

if the radiator isnt leaking there are a couple companies making radiator cages that will hold the radiator in place even with out the top mounting brackets or you can do what i did and rivet a piece of sheet metal to the top mounts to repair them then support the radiator better so it wont happen again and before you ask i dont have any pics and im full fairing so i cant take a pic
Old 09-24-2010, 03:44 AM
also known as OMR

if youre gonna stunt it why did you put that minty tank on there ?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:47 AM
also known as OMR

and i see you have your clipons above the top triple , there is a good chance the front tire will hit the radiator like that because the bike is lowered in the front to run the clipons on top ..
Old 09-24-2010, 03:53 AM

oh that was the 65t that came with it i actually liked it but i dont have a truck and the stunt spot isnt that close so i sold it. but i was reading the website that naarden posted up and they stated to run 2 big *** zip ties which i might do intill i get this rear brake down which is a pain in my *** right now.....
Old 09-24-2010, 04:01 AM

if youre gonna stunt it why did you put that minty tank on there ?

that gas tank i had on there was dented in to far and closed the damn hole and it would take foreveer to put gas in it so i was like **** it but i already know ima destroy it before i bought it and the clipons came like that, and i got over slamming the from back to the ground so i should be good right?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:03 AM
also known as OMR

oh that was the 65t that came with it i actually liked it but i dont have a truck and the stunt spot isnt that close so i sold it. but i was reading the website that naarden posted up and they stated to run 2 big *** zip ties which i might do intill i get this rear brake down which is a pain in my *** right now.....
zipties will work for a temporary fix ..

i took a quick look at the link he posted , i didnt read the whole thing but i did see a few things that may be in there more for advertising parts for sale rather than actually helping some one set up a bike , one of the things i noticed was he recommended an aftermarket exhaust and like i said before thats more of top end mod ,most stunt bikes will pull better on idle with a stock exhaust because they have more back pressure ..

i cut my mid pipe and left the can stock ..

Name:  mybikechurchst.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  66.1 KB

Last edited by old man roger; 09-24-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:07 AM
also known as OMR

that gas tank i had on there was dented in to far and closed the damn hole and it would take foreveer to put gas in it so i was like **** it but i already know ima destroy it before i bought it and the clipons came like that, and i got over slamming the from back to the ground so i should be good right?
no just hitting the front brakes could make the tire hit and doing a stoppie ..

as far as the filler hole goes you can cut out the splash guard to make filling it easier , i actually did one today by sharpening a punch to a fine point then i just poked little holes in the splash guard all the way around just under the filler hole then i took a small chisel and broke the material between the holes , took about 10 minutes and i didnt even have to clean out the tank like i would have had to do if i use a cutting wheel ..
Old 09-24-2010, 04:14 AM
also known as OMR

i also seen he recommended ebc or galfer pads..oem pads are a little more expensive but they last waaaaay longer so in the long run they may be cheaper to use and the galfer pads and ebc double h pads eat rotors for lunch when used for stunting the oem pads dont ..

he also recommended the msr easy pull , they are junk and break if you look at them wrong , the rsc stunt clutch is billet and waaaaaaaay stronger....
Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 AM

no just hitting the front brakes could make the tire hit and doing a stoppie ..

as far as the filler hole goes you can cut out the splash guard to make filling it easier , i actually did one today by sharpening a punch to a fine point then i just poked little holes in the splash guard all the way around just under the filler hole then i took a small chisel and broke the material between the holes , took about 10 minutes and i didnt even have to clean out the tank like i would have had to do if i use a cutting wheel ..

so there has to be a fix to the radiator that drops it back some enough to miss the wheel unless people are just taking the chance of hitting it. as for the gas tank it was easier buying a new one. how are you running the 05 rim with the 04 swing arm? and when you switch that out can you run the steel sprocket?

Quick Reply: 636 mods????