F4i timing

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
F4i timing

I got this motor that supposedly quit running, and showed low compression on 2 cylinders (I "was" currently in the process of checking my timing, then was gonna check hte compression myself)

I have the crank lined up with the proper TDC mark, the exaust cam lines up just like the book says with the "EX"
However the intake cam's "EX" mark also lines up.. However the book says the "IN" mark on the intake cam should line up with the top of the head...

So I'm assuming the intake cam jumped timing, but if it did jump, it jumped at LEAST 2-5 or more teeth to get this far off.. And it's strange it would jump, jet jump so that the next mark on the cam is in line..

Is that even possible?
Usually I'd just jump right in and reset the timing if the mark was off.. But a different mark is lining up, and its weird that it would jump to the next mark.

just making it hard for me to trust the manual.. Maybe I should quit being a girl about it and go reset the timing
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: F4i timing

never mind I quit being retarded and went with the manual, set the timing back...

My compression tester doesn't fit my motor so I'm gonna have to borrow one.. But I don't "THINK' the valves hit.. But not sure yet. Going to borrow a tester tomorrow and test the compression

if its good, I got a motor with 19k miles, all its gear, for $55!
My current motor has 44k miles, and no 2nd or 4th gear, YEAH!