My F4i doesnt turn back on after its been on for a while

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 AM

600flipper is a decent person
My F4i doesnt turn back on after its been on for a while

It used to turn off when it was hot and i would put the kickstand down.

Now i bypassed the kickstand and that fixed not being able to put my kickstand down while its hot but if i turn it off while its hot it wont turn on for another 10 - 15 minutes til it cools down.

I figured out a trick tho to not having to wait til it cools down if i lean the bike alot to the left on the kickstand it'll turn on.

Couple people have told me it might be a ground somewhere and i dont think its overheating cause i have my fan wired to turn on when i turn the key.

Edit * Im not running gauges but tomorrow ima throw some on to check if its overheating

Last edited by 600flipper; 07-10-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: My F4i doesnt turn back on after its been on for a while

definitely hook up the guages but it does sound like a loose connection some where , start at the battery and work your way down
Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Zacs bike did the exact same thing, he replaced the starter ,rectifier, stator, battery and none of it worked, then I believe he had to swap his harness one day And it stopped doing this. Pm him and ask him for sure.

I remember him having to tip the bike and smack the cage on the ground for it to start lol.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
Zacs bike did the exact same thing, he replaced the starter ,rectifier, stator, battery and none of it worked, then I believe he had to swap his harness one day And it stopped doing this. Pm him and ask him for sure.

I remember him having to tip the bike and smack the cage on the ground for it to start lol.
wtf
Old 07-10-2010, 12:39 PM

Q_Fresh is a decent person

i have the same issue, but i find if just jump start it and it turns over and starts, let it roll jump on it and start it...haha
Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

my bike would start cold and wouldnt start again when warmed up. i changed the wiring harness and it fixed it.