can someone post pics of f4i front wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM

ny450 is a decent person
can someone post pics of f4i front wheel spacers

ive taken off and installed front wheels on bikes 100 times but for some reason i mixed something up on my new f4i putting a front wheel on and cant ****** figure out what i did...gotta be something with the spacers because the brakes are rubbing and its cockeyed a bit...but i took it off 5 times already trying new stuff and nothing...maybe some pics will help me

thankssss
Old 06-19-2010, 01:14 PM

ny450 is a decent person
Re: can someone post pics of f4i front wheel spacers

clutch side

front brake side

anyone see anything wrong here?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 PM

hondaruss is a decent person

Looks fine to me ..sure you didnt bed the rotor.. i did that before taking a tire off bent the rotor i wouldnt have brakes at all in one spot and another spot id have full lock of the wheel
Old 06-19-2010, 02:40 PM

ny450 is a decent person

nah rotors are fine...i swapped from rims i had on the bike to a spare set that i freshly painted and already had tires on them..i dont get it...i feel like the issue is on the clutch side spacer...is it supposed to sit almost flush like that? idk what else it could be
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM

ny450 is a decent person

this is frustrating me so badly, been at this bullshit all day, i wanna ride! heres the spacers again...rotors worked perfect on the other rim yesterday so it cant be them...bearings/wheel spin fine when the calipers are off, but as soon as i tighten everything up, it goes to **** and has heavy brake drag...like i said, worked fine yesterday..swapped front rim and this. idk what else to try

clutch side

front brake side
Old 06-19-2010, 05:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

are you sure you are mounting the rim the right direction?

Also just swap the spacers, it takes a few seconds, try them both ways and see if any is better

Also BEFORE you tighten the pinch bolts, you gotta make sure the axle is slid into its proper alignment.. You can simply slide a fork leg out of alignment and then when you tighten your pinch bolts the axle will be off causing the brakes to bind
Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

oh ya when checking wheel direction, don't look at the tire, look at the wheel!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:33 PM

ny450 is a decent person

wheels definitly on the right direction as well as the rotors...somethings just not perfectly aligned and i cant ****** figure out why...i have one more idea that im about to try and if it doesnt work ima blow the thing up lol

Last edited by ny450; 06-19-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:13 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

The axle isnt far enough in

tighten the pinch bolts on the right side, loosen them on the left side. then stick a pry bar between the left fork, and use that to line up that side. when it looks correct, tighten the pinch bolts and try spinning it. Your forks are slightly uneven in some way, but thats not really a big deal for a stunt bike.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 PM

ny450 is a decent person

i just noticed that about the axle too...i knew that looked like it was supposed to go in more. that sounds like what it is man...gotta be something with the forks. lemme try out your suggestion and ill report back...thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 PM

ny450 is a decent person

that did it!! mike your the man, put an end to my all day escapade..thanks dude, time to go riding!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

where do you ride? i might wanna head east one of these nights
Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 AM

ny450 is a decent person

im wayy east...last exit of the l.i.e. in riverhead. im literally the only stunt bike in town so i ride solo at a shopping center lot most of the time...great spot and havnt had issues yet, but like i said, its just me with a stock exhaust..i would guess multiple bikes would get hassled...especially loud ones. its fun though, i just started out so im having a great time learning