Frontend is shaking in lower speeds / during burnouts wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point
Frontend is shaking in lower speeds / during burnouts wtf?

Hey!

Having this annoying problem.

When I am braking in lower speeds (for example if I should do a burnout) the front end is shaking like hell. I even ended up dropping my exhaust .

I have changed steering beerings and tightened it up, changed the oil, the seals and the bushings in the fork and checked if everything is ok.

I have also changed the front brake pads without any results.

Anyone got any good ideas to help me out? I think if the rotors where messed up, I would loose pressure in the front brake master, but I dont do it. And I dont have any shaking problems when I am in a faster speed...

/Marcus
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person
Re: Frontend is shaking in lower speeds / during burnouts wtf?

hmm, without riding it i would most likely say that its your triple tree adjustment, there is a torque spec on them when tightening the nut on your triple clamp. to lose will cause head shake and too tight will wear bearings alot faster. try this so that you can definatley count out that as the problem...

hoist the front end up, grab your forks and push and pull (front to back) there should be a tiny bit of play when doing this i'd say 1/2 inch at most. and if thats good then im not sure, maybe a wheel spacer is crooked or somthing which causes the front end to shake like hell due to all the pressure being put on it when doing a slow burnout.

good luck let me know what your find out
Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

could be guides n bushings in your forks.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 AM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

post up what you find out. I have the same issue
Old 01-13-2010, 05:00 AM

I dont think its the bushings or anything in the fork cause I have already changed that and it didnt solve the problem. ANd I have changed the steeringbearings so I dont think thats the problem either.

I noticed that my brake pads have some play in the calipers and that the calipers are a little damaged where the brake pads is fitting in. Could that cause this problem maybe?
Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
hoist the front end up, grab your forks and push and pull (front to back) there should be a tiny bit of play when doing this i'd say 1/2 inch at most. and if thats good then im not sure, maybe a wheel spacer is crooked or somthing which causes the front end to shake like hell due to all the pressure being put on it when doing a slow burnout.
i dont know where you got the idea that there should be any play in your front end but you would be wrong. if your forks move in any other direction than the up and down motion of the fork slides or the left and right turning of steering something is wrong.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

what front end are you using
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by skillz
what front end are you using
Stock 05 636 frontend.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

Warped rotors. If they are slightly warped you will not feel it on higher speeds. You won't feel it in the master either.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
Warped rotors. If they are slightly warped you will not feel it on higher speeds. You won't feel it in the master either.
Ill order some new ones and see if that helps. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:15 PM

fixed now?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:38 PM

02gsxxr is a decent person

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
that doesnt make sense..... Now i'm a auto mechanic and you dont feel warped rotors at low speed you will def feel warped rotors at high speeds with the slightest pressure from the brakes.... so i would assume that goes the same for a bike....
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM

PETe P is a decent person

my budy has the same problem. but it's the actual fork hoping as if he were hitting whoops. i was thinking it might be the dampening and compression all jacked up?
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 AM

My f4i has been doing this all season and I'm about to toss the forks out, but I am interested to see how people are fixing these.

I have done:

new rotors, fork seals, bushing, brake lines, and calipers.....

My next step is steering bearings and that's really all I have left....

hopefully that fixes it, if not maybe the dampening and compression is just fuct....

Originally Posted by PETe P
my budy has the same problem. but it's the actual fork hoping as if he were hitting whoops. i was thinking it might be the dampening and compression all jacked up?
Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have a thought well really a guess but it should be very easy to test , forks have an air chamber at the top of the fork when the bike has both wheels on the ground but when you do a wheelie the fork oil will flow to the top of the fork making the air go to the bottom..

now im wondering if that is making the compression and rebound not work like it should because of air , any one interested in testing this can simply ride their bike around on two wheels for a few minutes braking occasionally working the forks up and down to get all the air worked out of the system and then try doing burnouts...

like i said just a guess
Old 02-13-2010, 07:18 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh and my other suggestion is to get the back tire spinning faster , it puts less stress on the forks
Old 02-13-2010, 10:38 AM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i have a thought well really a guess but it should be very easy to test , forks have an air chamber at the top of the fork when the bike has both wheels on the ground but when you do a wheelie the fork oil will flow to the top of the fork making the air go to the bottom..

now im wondering if that is making the compression and rebound not work like it should because of air , any one interested in testing this can simply ride their bike around on two wheels for a few minutes braking occasionally working the forks up and down to get all the air worked out of the system and then try doing burnouts...

like i said just a guess
never thought about that. i've been out of the mx game forever but they used to have things to "burp" the chambers wonder if that would do the same thing you are describing.

Last edited by PETe P; 02-13-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by PETe P
never thought about that. i've been out of the mx game forever but they used to have things to "burp" the chambers wonder if that is the same thing you are describing.
not really, the air chamber in sport bike forks are there on purpose and they need to be there ..

some old dirt bike forks needed to be burped because they get hot and build pressure
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM

good point of view OMR...
Old 02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
also known as OMR

might not be the problem but it's so easy to test i figure it's worth a try