TL1000R Stuntz?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 03:23 PM

Synged1 is an unknown quantity at this point
:helmet :D Everyones suggestions and help on this matter is greatly appreciated, though this post goes out to Nags who's tips and help provided in a recent conversation were the major contributor in this mornings accomplishments. Thanks to Nags the tail of my Pig is now lifting off the pavement readily and I finally fully understand what he was talking about when he was explaining it to me. Been holding off on the wheelie practice, since the cops are rampant as of late and seem to have an odd opinion about wheelies vs. stoppies, a ticket for lifting the front, but not one for lifting the rear....

Thanks for the Pointers Nags! I'll post some pics when I get them.

Nags
Old 11-09-2002, 03:26 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Synged1
:helmet :D Everyones suggestions and help on this matter is greatly appreciated, though this post goes out to Nags who's tips and help provided in a recent conversation were the major contributor in this mornings accomplishments. Thanks to Nags the tail of my Pig is now lifting off the pavement readily and I finally fully understand what he was talking about when he was explaining it to me. Been holding off on the wheelie practice, since the cops are rampant as of late and seem to have an odd opinion about wheelies vs. stoppies, a ticket for lifting the front, but not one for lifting the rear....

Thanks for the Pointers Nags! I'll post some pics when I get them.

Nags
No prob.. Good luck :D Try some wheelies now

-nags
Old 11-22-2002, 02:22 PM

JEA900RR is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2002 TLR. Im able to roll endo's now a lil over a hundred feet with the pig. MAke sure that your tire is really warmed up before you try. Im still rolling on a stock front tire. I get up to about80 mph and just basically lock up the front brake. When you get the bike high enough itll roll forever. Wheelies are no problem either. Even with stock gearing yu can get it up in third. Ill have to get some pics for ya.

Jeff
Old 11-25-2002, 10:36 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is another of Don-Crashndent........................................ .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1 web.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	6162  
Old 11-25-2002, 10:38 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah this bike is bone stock!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 10:59 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by GreggV
Oh yeah this bike is bone stock!!!!!!!!!!
Even the mudflap is stock
Old 11-26-2002, 02:57 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

SCoast AStar13 is an unknown quantity at this point
You LIAR!! Those aftermarket passenger pegs help out on 12's
Old 11-26-2002, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by SCoast AStar13
You LIAR!! Those aftermarket passenger pegs help out on 12's
They're lighter
Old 11-26-2002, 10:00 PM

Synged1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheelies

Thought I'd check back in, been a while. Lifted the front end for the first time the other night, doin' it regularly now, just whacking the throttle open from 4000RPM and up she goes. No success in clutching 2nd yet, is it maybe because of the hydraulic clutch? I've tried a few things, to no avail.... A monster of a lurch forward, and nothing upward, doesnt even feel like it wants to come upwhen I do that. Any more suggestions?
Old 11-26-2002, 10:14 PM

Re: Wheelies

Originally posted by Synged1
Thought I'd check back in, been a while. Lifted the front end for the first time the other night, doin' it regularly now, just whacking the throttle open from 4000RPM and up she goes. No success in clutching 2nd yet, is it maybe because of the hydraulic clutch? I've tried a few things, to no avail.... A monster of a lurch forward, and nothing upward, doesnt even feel like it wants to come upwhen I do that. Any more suggestions?
Has nothing to do with the clutch. Just give it more gas. Pull the clutch in, give it a handful of gas, then slip the clutch,... Up she goes.. works like a charm

-nags
Old 11-30-2002, 03:11 AM

PuLlIn WhEeL is an unknown quantity at this point
the tl should come right up in 2 i pop the cluch and it comes right up no prob at all and shift from 2 to 3 easy , and comein up in 3 i just stand up and pop the cluch and go for a ride , that bike is the wheelie bike , to help that pig out alot put a set of slip ons on it makes a big diff , you can go to
www.tl1000.com
good site for tl
Old 11-30-2002, 03:13 AM

PuLlIn WhEeL is an unknown quantity at this point
o ya the easy way to get it up in 2 , run threw 1 and when you shift to 2 give it more gas an pop the cluch i fund that was a easy way