View Poll Results: Which one you buying?
Motul 300v 4T full synthetic
50.00%
Motul 5100 semi-synthetic
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Wheres your money going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:14 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheres your money going?

If you had a gallon of Motul 5100 semi-synthetic or a gallon of Motul 300v 4T full-synthetic both priced at 40 bucks each which would you buy?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Wheres your money going?

Originally Posted by Hicks
If you had a gallon of Motul 5100 semi-synthetic or a gallon of Motul 300v 4T full-synthetic both priced at 40 bucks each which would you buy?
i would go some where else cause your paying too much , i think you can get the 5100 for like 32 bucks at a dealer
Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i would go some where else cause your paying too much , i think you can get the 5100 for like 32 bucks at a dealer
Done. Got a gallon of the 5100 for 29.00 that 300v is waaaaayyy overkill.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:16 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

i thought fully or even semi "synthetic" oil was bad for our bikes on the street?

and they should only be used for racing applications...?

true/fale?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
i thought fully or even semi "synthetic" oil was bad for our bikes on the street?

true/fale?
i have run motul in every bike i owned
Old 07-26-2013, 08:33 AM

smallj is a decent person

Originally Posted by DirtyToes

true/fale?
The reason oil needs to be refined is to standardize the size of the particulates in the oil. With conventional oil some particles are larger than others. In synthetics you don't get this issue since they are synthesized. The particles in synthetic oils are typically all the same size, so they flow through the engine better. I don't care what anyone says. Conventional oil is not as good as synthetic. also there are no repercussions from switching back and fourth. When people complain of synthetics causing your motor to burn oil, or blowing up an engine if you switch back and fourth its because synthetics are cleaner, and sometimes have higher detergent levels. So if a seal was gone, and all that was holding whats left of the seal together is sludge, then the synthetic will remove that sludge causing a leak or other issues. Normally you will only see this is high mileage motors in cars and trucks. As for what oil would i run. I would run the 300v over the other simply because on a hot summer day when your out stunting, yes you don't have a lot of rpms going, but you do have a lot of heat if you don't run a dual fan, that's what causes the accelerated wear. Part of my education is in metallurgy. not trying to sound like a know it all, just trying to sound credible.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 AM
The Bike Butcher

Sparky88 is a decent person

Originally Posted by smallj
The reason oil needs to be refined is to standardize the size of the particulates in the oil. With conventional oil some particles are larger than others. In synthetics you don't get this issue since they are synthesized. The particles in synthetic oils are typically all the same size, so they flow through the engine better. I don't care what anyone says. Conventional oil is not as good as synthetic. also there are no repercussions from switching back and fourth. When people complain of synthetics causing your motor to burn oil, or blowing up an engine if you switch back and fourth its because synthetics are cleaner, and sometimes have higher detergent levels. So if a seal was gone, and all that was holding whats left of the seal together is sludge, then the synthetic will remove that sludge causing a leak or other issues. Normally you will only see this is high mileage motors in cars and trucks. As for what oil would i run. I would run the 300v over the other simply because on a hot summer day when your out stunting, yes you don't have a lot of rpms going, but you do have a lot of heat if you don't run a dual fan, that's what causes the accelerated wear. Part of my education is in metallurgy. not trying to sound like a know it all, just trying to sound credible.
Awesome points.
I would have chosen the semi synthetic for one simple reason.
PRICE
Buying the cheaper oil I can afford to change it more regularly, and have more money for beer and other important things