636 otown dent gas leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:54 PM

joeyt323 is a decent person
636 otown dent gas leak

ok so I dented in my tank for the first time, o town style, and it turned out awesome, but of coarse it leaks.. After reading a bit i took the cap off and put two washers under the back to bolts of the cap. And it stopped leaking not even a single dropp worked great, I painted it then and everything. The next night i went to look at it i picked it up cause its all apart gas started to leak everywhere again out of the cap.. ANY IDEAS i confused????
Old 01-02-2009, 01:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 otown dent gas leak

vortex cap .
Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

i had more leaks using my vortex cap then i did with my stocker lol
Old 01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you seal the base correctly on the vortex and take the vent screw out they usually work very good
Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM

yeh i was thinkin bout a vortex cap,, but i don't understand one day i put those washers in it didn't leak at alll whatsoever, now it leaks like a fricken fountain lol...and i heard sometime the vortex cap works and sometimes it doesn't
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by joeyt323
yeh i was thinkin bout a vortex cap,, but i don't understand one day i put those washers in it didn't leak at alll whatsoever, now it leaks like a fricken fountain lol...and i heard sometime the vortex cap works and sometimes it doesn't
well if the part of the tank that the vortex seals against is damaged then it probably wont work but as long as you can seal that part you should be good , i think alot of people don't take out the vent screw and thats what causes them to leak ...

with out the vent screw out the cap doesn't vent well and it allows pressure to build up in the tank causing it to leak ...
Old 01-02-2009, 01:34 PM

yeh thanks, the cap looks like it seals against the tank good on the outside not crooked or anything and then dent is good, so i will try and take out the vent screw on the cap. never done that before so i will see how it works, this may sound dumb but where is the screw located on the cap, i never really looked for one i guess
Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
also known as OMR

yeh thanks, the cap looks like it seals against the tank good on the outside not crooked or anything and then dent is good, so i will try and take out the vent screw on the cap. never done that before so i will see how it works, this may sound dumb but where is the screw located on the cap, i never really looked for one i guess
im talking about the vortex cap not the stocker
Old 01-02-2009, 01:39 PM

ok,, is there not a vent screw in the stock one then??? i will prolly just have to get a vortex then if it doesn't, cause i can't figure it out haha
Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
also known as OMR

not a permanent fix but if you put a sandwich bag over the fill hole and then close the cap on it you may be able to ride with out spilling gas on you till you get a vortex ..

just use one layer of a zip lock sandwich bag , rip the bag open and just use one side because if you use the whole bag it usually leaks worse
Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 PM
also known as OMR

ok,, is there not a vent screw in the stock one then??? i will prolly just have to get a vortex then if it doesn't, cause i can't figure it out haha
no the stock cap vents through ports
Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 PM

its not a big deal of riding considering theres snow and its like 20 degress out lol, michigans gay, i have my bike in pieces so i'll just wait and gett the vortex cap and see what happens
Old 01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i had a vortex cap and it worked fine. Never remembered seeing any type of vent screw on the cap or the base tho. I would imagine if the tank built up pressure, with the vortex cap and base installed, it would escape the fuel overflow drain and out the hose that exits underneath your bike. Vortex cap doesn't seal against the tank fill hole....it has its own seal on the base.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
also known as OMR

the vent screw in is the base and the vortex i had on my old zx6 sealed at the filler hole so it would build pressure until i took out the vent screw which let it vent to the over flow ...
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM

so just ebay that then??
Old 01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
also known as OMR

so just ebay that then??
or hai
Old 01-02-2009, 01:51 PM

or any other sugestions???????
Old 01-02-2009, 02:00 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

or any other sugestions???????
balsa wood and RTV sealant
Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Armenian
balsa wood and RTV sealant
gas will eventually eat rtv
Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
gas will eventually eat rtv
how bout balsa wood and jbweld then

Quick Reply: 636 otown dent gas leak