F4i not starting when warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 06:04 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve
Re: F4i not starting when warmed up

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
word. i gotta find the mityvac i have but its in my garage somewhere. And I dont want no dough. I'll try my best to get your brakes bled so you could ride coz I cant so we both shouldnt suffer lol.
i use the mityvac all the time...gotta be 1 of the best pieces of kit we have...makes brake bleeds a cinch +1
Old 11-27-2008, 06:46 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by poni
i use the mityvac all the time...gotta be 1 of the best pieces of kit we have...makes brake bleeds a cinch +1
I actually never use it. So much easier to just do it the normal way but he said he wasnt getting any pressure no matter what he tried so figured we could try the mityvac and see if that works. Pump pump pump pump pump crack bleeder and repeat until no bubbles. Easy enough
Old 11-27-2008, 06:59 PM
cereal killa

I actually never use it. So much easier to just do it the normal way but he said he wasnt getting any pressure no matter what he tried so figured we could try the mityvac and see if that works. Pump pump pump pump pump crack bleeder and repeat until no bubbles. Easy enough
yea...if he smoked the brake and got air...can't hand pump that out sometimes. try with the bleeder-can hooked up to shop air and draw the fluid whilst pumpin the lever. once you have a steady steam in the transparent tube on the bleeder, stop and manually do it till ...you know...no air comes out. sometimes i have to handpump it just to start the draw on my bike, then all you have to do is keep re-tpping the res' ........bob's ut uncle....
if all that is not working, go to the master...but honestly that's 99.999% not the issue.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:37 PM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

ur gona suck brake fluid into a wet/dry vac?? holy mess... lol honestly if the kid just sits there n pumps/bleeds properly it will gain pressure. sometimes its a bitch sometimes its 123.

did he try what i said? push the caliper's pistons all the way in.. put'em upside down... i give'em a tap sometimes wit a rubber hammer to move bubbles around.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:43 PM
cereal killa

Originally Posted by Nick1000
ur gona suck brake fluid into a wet/dry vac?? holy mess... lol honestly if the kid just sits there n pumps/bleeds properly it will gain pressure. sometimes its a bitch sometimes its 123.

did he try what i said? push the caliper's pistons all the way in.. put'em upside down... i give'em a tap sometimes wit a rubber hammer to move bubbles around.
naw son, the "mityvac" is a service tool, it's a little platic canister, hooks up to pneumatic air line,got a nipple on it that pops ono ur bleeder screw and draws the fluid through the lines and gets the air out. like i said, once ya got the draw going, hand bleed it again for your own safety.

if i hear about you ******* with a shop vac trying to bleed ur brakes you are the biggest squid ever! but give it a try and let us all know.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:44 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Nick1000

nah man - its a brake bleeding tool that you hook up to build pressure before cracking the bleeder. And they have ones that you could hook up to a compressor but I dont got that one - I got a regular hand pump one. And no idea if he did what you told him He said its the line or something and got it figured out tho
Old 11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
cereal killa

nah man - its a brake bleeding tool that you hook up to build pressure before cracking the bleeder. And they have ones that you could hook up to a compressor but I dont got that one - I got a regular hand pump one. And no idea if he did what you told him He said its the line or something and got it figured out tho
collapsed flex line?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:05 PM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

o.. we never called it a mityvac, but yea ive used them all.

i was gona say if ur suckin brake fuild into a vacuum thats pretty... well retarded lol
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

so whats the deal here ?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:00 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by old man roger
so whats the deal here ?
Nick did the compression test which read 160. Its supposed to read 178. Thats as far as we got and Im tired of trying to diagnose the problem even further especially since I need help with the **** so Im just getting a new motor and gonna figure out what to do with this one

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 12-03-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

if your thinking the pistons cracked or the compression rings went i dont think thats your problem at all just my 2 cents cause ive done alot of motor work and if your compression is still that high that bike should run fine on it as is
Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Nick did the compression test which read 160. Its supposed to read 178. Thats as far as we got and Im tired of trying to diagnose the problem even further especially since I need help with the **** so Im just getting a new motor and gonna figure out what to do with this one
the compression test will have a low result if the motor isn't spinning over fast enough , did you take all the plugs out while doing the test or just one ?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
cereal killa

dang, still noty diagnosed. must a doozy of a weird issue, i'm sure you'll figure it out.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
NealFoReal

the compression test will have a low result if the motor isn't spinning over fast enough , did you take all the plugs out while doing the test or just one ?
Nope took out all the plugs and tested them individually and they all were low. What do you think would cause that? If the motor could be fixed, and quick, then yeah I'd rather do that then have to do another motor swap but we still dont know what the problem is and I just wanna start riding already I could keep this motor though and try to fix whatever is wrong with it but I honestly dont even know whats the first step I should take
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 PM
NealFoReal

and yeah the motor starts out spinning fast but as it heats up it slows down and doesnt want to spin over fast anymo.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 PM
cereal killa

Nope took out all the plugs and tested them individually and they all were low. What do you think would cause that? If the motor could be fixed, and quick, then yeah I'd rather do that then have to do another motor swap but we still dont know what the problem is and I just wanna start riding already I could keep this motor though and try to fix whatever is wrong with it but I honestly dont even know whats the first step I should take

did you say all low compression?what is the result you got and what is the spec'??? heard of over adjusted valves keeping open a bit too long, causes missfires etc...or mis-alignment of the t-chain and the valves are out a bit in time.??????? or simply rings are fucked and req' a re-re.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:14 PM
also known as OMR

was the motor turning over fast when you did the test , if all the plugs are out of the motor it should turn over way faster then normal
Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by *trix*
if your thinking the pistons cracked or the compression rings went i dont think thats your problem at all just my 2 cents cause ive done alot of motor work and if your compression is still that high that bike should run fine on it as is
Actually Im not thinking anything coz I dont know what else to try which is why I had Nick help. But the fact is the bike doesnt run fine. Besides that I dont know what else to do. If you think you could get it running tell me where I gotta go and Ill bring it to you. But if you are gonna look at it and really think you can do something lets do it quick coz Im going through wheelie withdrawals and am ready to just swap motors. But if you do wanna take a look before we waste time know that I swapped everything electrical - checked the grounds and pretty much everything that everyone on here told me except for the starter clutch. Besides that Nick & Mike looked at it - Mike couldnt figure it out based on the hour or two we worked on it and Nick did the compression test. In the manual it says low compression could be caused by:

Blown cylinder head gasket
improper valve adjustment
valve leakage
worn piston ring or cylinder

So again, what would you be looking at thats different then what we've done so far
Old 12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
NealFoReal

was the motor turning over fast when you did the test , if all the plugs are out of the motor it should turn over way faster then normal
Ummm if I remember correctly it started fast but then eventually got slower. But it didnt go faster then a normal motor if I remember correctly
Old 12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by poni
did you say all low compression?what is the result you got and what is the spec'??? heard of over adjusted valves keeping open a bit too long, causes missfires etc...or mis-alignment of the t-chain and the valves are out a bit in time.??????? or simply rings are fucked and req' a re-re.
spec is 178psi and we got around 160 on all of em.

Quick Reply: F4i not starting when warmed up