f4i- need info about vacuum lines coming off airbox

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:08 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i- need info about vacuum lines coming off airbox

so i ran sea foam through my vacuum lines off the air box.. i filled the cap with the sea foam and put the hose in it.. and the left side has really strong suction.. i had to be careful that i didnt put the hose to close to the liquid or it would suck it all at once

but the right side has hardly any suction... and when i was putting the seafoam through the right side my exaust would backfire and i could hear my bike misfiring..

i was wondering does the left line feed the 2 throttle bodies on the left side and the right line feed the 2 on the right?

i checked the 2 center plugs and i know theyre good but im thinking the one on the outside right isnt putting out spark which would explain the engine vibrations ive been having
Old 07-31-2008, 05:11 PM

Re: f4i- need info about vacuum lines coming off airbox

i just looked at my airbox.. its pretty obvious where it comes in..lol .. so that would mean im hardly getting any suction from the right side of my airbox... that mean a plug on the right side is prob fouled?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

new plugs

& do the kleen air mod while you have everything apart
Old 08-01-2008, 08:46 PM

damion410 is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
new plugs

& do the kleen air mod while you have everything apart
what is a kleen mod? hahaha, i know i may sound dumb to those that know
Old 08-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by damion410
what is a kleen mod? hahaha, i know i may sound dumb to those that know
keeps the oil out of your airbox when the bike sits on it's side

prevents hydrolocking
Old 08-04-2008, 07:39 PM

just figured it out.. some how between taking the fuel pump off and putting it back in the line that ran from the fuel filter to the pump(the one inside the tank) was partially disconnected.. every time it got a decent amount of fuel pressure through the line(above about 2.5k) it would start leaking

i ended up cutting the hose cuz it was to long with the tank dent and put it back on clamped it and it runs PERFECT

actually better then it ran before cuz i just put new plugs in.. ready to go out and hit the lots ASAP :YEAH

btw i cant believe any one couldnt think of this including myself.. i mean all i did was take the fuel pump in and out reconnected a sensor and hoses.. had to be something with the fuel pump.. right?? lolol.. it alwasy seems obvious when u figure it out