636 Tank Dent And Frame Polished

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point
636 Tank Dent And Frame Polished

Heres a few pix of my 636 tank i just got done beating in a bit and finishing without the use of bondo or having to have it repainted at all, along with a couple pix of my frame, subframe, and swingarm i just finished polishing

Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 Tank Dent And Frame Polished

looking good man
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Copy cat! Were you the guy that asked me for denting tips about a week ago? Cause if you are you followed my instructions to a ******* T....
Name:  DSC01138.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  34.8 KB
That honestly looks exactly like my first dent, truck bed liner and all...Was a good dent but I changed it up and now leave more of lip at the back, and dont go so far back....
Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

word .
Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

haha yeah JohnnyP i gotta give all the props to you, i did exactly what you told me to do but i only used a rubber mallet and a small carpenters hammer, electrical tape and some newspaper lol. i love it, i was used to a tank with barely any dent at all, tanks that were hard to rock froggys on, thats y i went so far back, my main objective is to get down going from a spreader to a highchair and vis versa. it should be no problem now. jusat gotta stretch out the legs a little bit. i appreciate your words of wisdom very much, i just finished mine, but i just started my buddies F4I tank and gave him a nice dent too without having to bondo it, were stunters we can't afford to have someone do all that bondoin for us along with having to have it all repainted that ***** costly.

Thanx JohnnyP
Old 11-09-2007, 04:49 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a dent like that too but beat it back a bit further for frogs and jumping combos. Looks like you've got a good lip on it though.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Good **** man You follow instructions very well, Im impressed......And just think your denting skills will only improve, and everyone of your friends is going to ask you to dent theirs for them....Your going to be the local tank denting

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
haha yeah JohnnyP i gotta give all the props to you, i did exactly what you told me to do but i only used a rubber mallet and a small carpenters hammer, electrical tape and some newspaper lol. i love it, i was used to a tank with barely any dent at all, tanks that were hard to rock froggys on, thats y i went so far back, my main objective is to get down going from a spreader to a highchair and vis versa. it should be no problem now. jusat gotta stretch out the legs a little bit. i appreciate your words of wisdom very much, i just finished mine, but i just started my buddies F4I tank and gave him a nice dent too without having to bondo it, were stunters we can't afford to have someone do all that bondoin for us along with having to have it all repainted that ***** costly.

Thanx JohnnyP
Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i just got one that looks just like that and i think im gonna put my old one back on
Old 11-09-2007, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i just got one that looks just like that and i think im gonna put my old one back on
How does you old one compare? Not as far back more of a lip? Thats what Ive switched to....This style was great for frogs and stepping up, but didnt have enough lip at the back for high chairs......I guess it also depends on the shape of your ***
Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

How the fudge did you get it to look like that? I spent hours on mine lastnite with a rubber mallet and it looks like ****.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by P*I*M*P
How the fudge did you get it to look like that? I spent hours on mine lastnite with a rubber mallet and it looks like ****.
Thats where my "tip" comes in....you need to finish up with a small metal carpenters or bal peen hammer....Little taps like in his picture to smooth out the big dents left by the big plastic mallet....
Old 11-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

hey if you guys still have those instructions, could I get a pm with them too?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Damn it! I just got back from Home Depot with a smaller mallet. I had a ball peen in my had and all I could think about was it makeing sparks and the tank blowing up in my face leaving me looking like Freddy Kruger or that guy Frank from Hellraiser.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Throttle choppin'

This is how Im gettin down. Any feedback would be fantastic!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	202189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	202190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	202191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	202192  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Throttle choppin'

Just finished. I hope it works. I took all the tid bits of info from stuntlife and a few other sites and here it the result...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 005.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	202196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 006.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	202197  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Looks like you didnt cut out the splash guard under the cap, and thats why your cap area wont go down anymore. If you cut that out first it doesnt bottom out on the inside of the tank and stop the cap area from going down more.......Its also a bitch to get gas in the tank with it bottomed out..
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Throttle choppin'

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Looks like you didnt cut out the splash guard under the cap, and thats why your cap area wont go down anymore. If you cut that out first it doesnt bottom out on the inside of the tank and stop the cap area from going down more.......Its also a bitch to get gas in the tank with it bottomed out..
Splash guard? How would I have done that before I dented? And it is going to be a pain in the *** to get gas in. Its totally bottomed out.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:59 PM

Splash guard? How would I have done that before I dented? And it is going to be a pain in the *** to get gas in. Its totally bottomed out.
I use a air rotary tool with a small cut off wheel on an arbor....I cut around under the cap (making sure I dont cut through the water drain tube that runs throguh the inside of the tank) pop it out and take it out of the hole for the fuel pump...

Something like this
Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Throttle choppin'

Sounds like alot of work
Old 11-09-2007, 02:25 PM

Sounds like alot of work
Yeah about 10 min worth.......Takes me longer to find my tools then it does to cut it out

Quick Reply: 636 Tank Dent And Frame Polished