01' F4i sounds like a Buell

Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 AM

CIX StunnaChris is a decent person
01' F4i sounds like a Buell

My F4i just recently started running like crap. It started bogging real bad at low rpm while attempting circles and doenst want to start real easy. I have to hold the throttle open a little to get it to start now. And I also noticed it seems like its starting to sound like a buell. Any ideas?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:09 AM
www.TEAMSELECTFEW.com

G-machine is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 01' F4i sounds like a Buell

Originally Posted by CIX StunnaChris
My F4i just recently started running like crap. It started bogging real bad at low rpm while attempting circles and doenst want to start real easy. I have to hold the throttle open a little to get it to start now. And I also noticed it seems like its starting to sound like a buell. Any ideas?
junk..lol Hey I got a complete 954 front end with wheel brakes fender, vortex clips.. get at me
Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

check the fuel pressure regulator. it's behind the fuel rail. 20$ brand new from honda. sounds like this isn't working properly and flooding your cylinders.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:34 PM

and i forgot to mention that it's been idleing real high too...
Old 09-28-2007, 02:41 PM

turboglenn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr
check the fuel pressure regulator. it's behind the fuel rail. 20$ brand new from honda. sounds like this isn't working properly and flooding your cylinders.

after the problem i'm having on the F4i that's here to be worked on i'd say check the FPR also. check the vacum line that connects to it, if there's gas in it it's bad.... also one way to check the cylinders that are dieing is to get the bike running and squirt water on the header pipes one at a time, the one's that don't evaporate teh water aren't firing.

and the FPR is no where near 20 dollars now... i can't find one under 60 shipped and no one has them...even ronayers says they ahve to get it from honda before they can ship it to me and none of the stealerships around here have one in stock and they want 70 to order it
Old 09-28-2007, 03:10 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CIX StunnaChris

did you recently work on the bike or anything????
example,take tank airbox off etc???
Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 PM

i put a diff tank on and it seems like my problems started a little after that. so i figured it was the fuel pump so i took the pump out of the original tank and put that in and it didnt fix anything. Im gonna be changing the spark plugs here in a bit to see if that does anything.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

ok ,,i had the same prob about 1 month ago...mine was due to the stock idle adjuster..*(called the fast idle wax unit) went bad...meaning the i unscrewd it to far...,.so by doing that i had it replaced by the shitty shop near me and the put the small vac lines on wrong,and didnt synk the throttle bodys....so the bike will idle high and jump around and sometimes not fire all cylinders.....
Old 09-28-2007, 07:08 PM

customsound is an unknown quantity at this point

damn....so i put new plugs in it, clean everything up a bit, put it back together and it wont start now. Got spark and fuel, but it wont start. This is really pissin me off.

how do you sync the throttle bodies?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:08 PM

btw, logged in as someone else....
Old 09-28-2007, 08:32 PM

not starting should have nothing to do with syncing the TB's.... some people act as if it's some major ordeal whehn they are out of sync, but it's not going to stop a bike from running, just stop it from running as smooth as it should, especially at idle
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 PM

finally got it started....think it was just really flooded.

but it still wont idle down. I took the vacuum line off the pressure regulator after it was running for a bit and it looks dry inside. not sure what else to check.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:20 PM

so it seems that my problem now is that it's hard to start, I have to hold the throttle open for it to fire up and it takes a lot of cranking, and the idle is way higher than it has ever been.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:06 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

think maybe when you changed tanks something was in the new one and clogged your fuel regualor/line ?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:14 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Your probably getting too much fuel and when you open the throttle it lets in enough air to match the fuel and fire, and it sounds like a buel cause fuel is still burning when the exhuast valve opens?

F4i fuel pressure regulators seem to have lots of problems so, it's probably that. If you had a fuel pressure gauge you could see what the pressure coming off it is. You could probably even try modding it to produce a little more pressure than stock.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 PM

Update.

took it out again, same ****. High idle, low rpm loss of power, and I noticed that if i rev it up or come down off a wheelie in high rpm, i'm spittin out some bluish white smoke.

I noticed that there is a decent oil leak that looks like its comin from the head gasket around the 1, 2, and 3 cylinders at the front of the block. Think a blown head gasket could cause all these problems?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM

yea, blown HG could casue all that and more, and sometimes you can't even tell they're blown till you pull a leakdown or compression test.

if you pulled the vacum line off teh FPR and it wasn't leaking out of the nippl on teh FPR then it's probably okay. Even if the pressure is off from the regulator being on it's way out, it would still run better than what you're describing
Old 10-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Have you swapped the fuel pressure regulator like multiple people have suggested
Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM

no i just pulled the vacuum line and checked for gas. But as its cranking you can clearly see oil and gas leaking from the head gasket.