help with 2000 gixxer 600

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:57 PM

Mr. Me Too is a decent person
help with 2000 gixxer 600

ok i need some help here with my boys bike, 2000 gix 600

ok we replaced the plugs in his bike when it was running like ****. we pulled it apart to find that one plug had completely came out of the socket, another one had no gap at all, and the other 2 were just fucked. So we put new plugs in, put everything back together and fired it up. it ran good and smooth with the choke on, but i could never get it to run while backing the choke off, even at like 150 degrees. i messed with the idle adjustment a little bit and all of the sudden it jumped up to like 7 grand.... waaaay higher than it should have been at for where the idle screw was. so we shut it off. had a hard time starting it back up, had to keep reving it to keep it running so i messed with the idle screw, kept dying, then would idle good, then when you revved it it would stick at 7k, blah blah blah. I thought maybe the throttle cable was pinched or kinked but it seems to be moving smoothly. I am watching the screw push the butterfly as im turning the idle ****, so i know that its within reason, shouldnt be idling anywhere near 7k. Im 99% sure All hoses are hooked up correctly on the bottom of the tank (the two hoses coming off the back of the tank pointin towards your ***** are just vent tubes, they dont attach to anything right????). I cant figure it out. he said it was running fine before the other day when it just fucked up and started running like ****, but its his first bike so he doesnt know what they should run like he says.
I dont know what to look at next? Any one know....
any help would be appriciated so i can get my dude back on his bike. thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 12:11 AM

Mr. Me Too is a decent person
Re: help with 2000 gixxer 600

any ideas???