recirculatting engine oil! or do i over fill it???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person
recirculatting engine oil! or do i over fill it???

sorry guys, i know this is a common question squids like me ask but today i was told byt the gut i purchased my bike from, that if i plan to do long wheelies that i shud purchase some type of mechanism that will keep the oil recirulated through my engine so that it will not seez up!

any advice????
Old 03-05-2007, 08:49 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: recirculatting engine oil! or do i over fill it???

http://www.stuntex.com
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by nags
thanx nags
Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

No problem. Definitley worth the money
Old 03-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

is there a pick up for the 636? hmm.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 AM

SuIc1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
is there a pick up for the 636? hmm.
im not sure but ill look into it and keep u posted
Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

just dont do them to the rev limiter, you will be fine
Old 03-06-2007, 05:05 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
just dont do them to the rev limiter, you will be fine
okie, so i dont need the oil pickup as long as i dont do rev limiter wheelies?

it is an oil pickup right?

sorry if i sound like an ***
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person
my bike

this is my bike. its supposed to be shipped soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f438_3.JPG.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	190100   Click image for larger version

Name:	f583_3.JPG.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	190101   Click image for larger version

Name:	f4d1_3.JPG.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	190102  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: my bike

Originally Posted by SuIc1
this is my bike. its supposed to be shipped soon.
Looks not bad.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure about the 636 but on some bikes you can just flip the stock oil pickup around so it points more to the back and bolt it back up All motors recirculate the oil that's why they have pumps and pickups.. stuntex just sells modified pickups so it picksup from the rear of the oil pan where the oil is at during a wheelie.

I think the most common problem with 636 is oil coming out of the crankcase vent line into the airbox. there's a few different mods involving removing the line from the airbox and using a catch bottle, to blocking the vent line off and drilling and tapping the head and have the vent line come off of there. I wouldn't bother with either though until you actually see oil in your airbox. It's more likely to happen the more you overfill your oil, and the higher your revs are, since what is causing it is the crank spinining in the oil and whippining it up like the froth on a cappuccino. relocating your oil pickup would allow you to not overfill as much, and then it should be less likely for oil froth to get sucked into the air box.

nice exhaust btw, how loud is it? You gonna get a cage and gearing? Where are your passenger pegs? you're gonna need those... especially the left one?
EDIT: missed the shippped soon part you should start looking for passenger pegs for that thing asap

Last edited by Street Warrior; 03-06-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
I'm not sure about the 636 but on some bikes you can just flip the stock oil pickup around so it points more to the back and bolt it back up All motors recirculate the oil that's why they have pumps and pickups.. stuntex just sells modified pickups so it picksup from the rear of the oil pan where the oil is at during a wheelie.

I think the most common problem with 636 is oil coming out of the crankcase vent line into the airbox. there's a few different mods involving removing the line from the airbox and using a catch bottle, to blocking the vent line off and drilling and tapping the head and have the vent line come off of there. I wouldn't bother with either though until you actually see oil in your airbox. It's more likely to happen the more you overfill your oil, and the higher your revs are, since what is causing it is the crank spinining in the oil and whippining it up like the froth on a cappuccino. relocating your oil pickup would allow you to not overfill as much, and then it should be less likely for oil froth to get sucked into the air box.

nice exhaust btw, how loud is it? You gonna get a cage and gearing? Where are your passenger pegs? you're gonna need those... especially the left one?
EDIT: missed the shippped soon part you should start looking for passenger pegs for that thing asap
thanx, yeh im getting SICK INNOVATIONS CAGE:YEAH and passenger pegs once it gets here....gearing?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

....gearing?
leave it stock if you're a noob(which by the oil recirculate ? you sound like no offense), until you get rb and bp, then go +10
Old 03-06-2007, 06:57 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person

leave it stock if you're a noob(which by the oil recirculate ? you sound like no offense), until you get rb and bp, then go +10
none taken....i will. one more question, what colour shud i repaint it?

i was thinkin a flat black or a military green. im getting fairng too.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 PM

none taken....i will. one more question, what colour shud i repaint it?

i was thinkin a flat black or a military green. im getting fairng too.
If you're gonna get fairings just get some cheap beater ones of ebay and just rattle can everything the same color, but I would leave it as is until you get wheelies and burnouts down. You're gonna drop the bike, so why have nice plastic on there to break and good fresh paint to scratch? Leave that stuff off till you got skills. Lots of people have made the mistake of learning on a pretty bike, I would leave it as is and just get a cage and pass pegs. If you have to get it inspected though, that's another story....
Old 03-06-2007, 07:30 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person

If you're gonna get fairings just get some cheap beater ones of ebay and just rattle can everything the same color, but I would leave it as is until you get wheelies and burnouts down. You're gonna drop the bike, so why have nice plastic on there to break and good fresh paint to scratch? Leave that stuff off till you got skills. Lots of people have made the mistake of learning on a pretty bike, I would leave it as is and just get a cage and pass pegs. If you have to get it inspected though, that's another story....
im guna get it inspected through a local bike shop!
meanwhile im gunna rattle can everything, i just know how to make it look good (sand paper etc.). trust, im a kingpin at gitto riggin shiit:YEAH
so which colour?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 PM

I'm partial to black, right now I'm debating wether or not to paint my exhaust can black
Old 03-06-2007, 08:07 PM

SuIc1 is a decent person

I'm partial to black, right now I'm debating wether or not to paint my exhaust can black
go for red. it'll match ur bike stripe
Old 03-09-2007, 02:57 PM

wheelman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my oil in the crankcase filled above the oil reader and was wondering if that is good protection for my engine when I do wheelies, high chairs, and ect? Sorry about the noob question.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i fill mine to just barely past the top of the site glass and i have no problems but i never do long bar tricks or revlimmiter any thing and those are the things that cause you to get oil in the air box..

if you do these tricks then i would suggest you do the pair mod it will take care of any oil in the air box.

you can find the pair mod in a couple threads just search clean air mod and pair mod in the search option at the top of the new post page.

Quick Reply: recirculatting engine oil! or do i over fill it???