F4i motor mount problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:32 PM

slapnutz is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i motor mount problems

So i've dropped my f4i twice, going VERY slow and keep having problems with motormount bolts. Mind you, i have an FI cage. The side i dropped it on the first time, the bolt bent and just ripped out. This pulled most of the threads out with it. It also caused the bolt on the other frame slider to snap off where the threads start. We removed the rest of the bolt by drilling it out and using an extractor. Of course the threads were messed up from this also. Used heli-coils on both sides and put new bolts in. Seemd to be ok, had a slow drop again, now the bolt is loose. So what should i do now? I want a new cage, maybe that will help with the stress on that one specific area? The mechanic that works on my bike said that there's no hole on the backside to put a nut through.. ...I don't know much about it, so i'm looking for some solutions before this gets real expensive.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:41 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i motor mount problems

Originally Posted by slapnutz
So i've dropped my f4i twice, going VERY slow and keep having problems with motormount bolts. Mind you, i have an FI cage. The side i dropped it on the first time, the bolt bent and just ripped out. This pulled most of the threads out with it. It also caused the bolt on the other frame slider to snap off where the threads start. We removed the rest of the bolt by drilling it out and using an extractor. Of course the threads were messed up from this also. Used heli-coils on both sides and put new bolts in. Seemd to be ok, had a slow drop again, now the bolt is loose. So what should i do now? I want a new cage, maybe that will help with the stress on that one specific area? The mechanic that works on my bike said that there's no hole on the backside to put a nut through.. ...I don't know much about it, so i'm looking for some solutions before this gets real expensive.
i cant remember but i think i drilled all the way thruogh on javiers motor and put a nut back there ..and there is a cage that doesnt do that to f4is i think its powers ..i dont know .some one will
Old 11-05-2006, 07:11 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4i motor mount problems

put a nut on the back
but u gota grind a flat and anough room for thr nut into the back of the engine
brutal but effective