F4i Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
F4i Help Please

alright here is the deal this time. i knocked a hole in my engine below the clutch basket in july i jb welded it and bike worked fine just dripped a little oil a little bit when it was how so last week i had had enough and decided to take off the cover and redo the jb weld job and take my time. so like a moron i decided it was a good idea to drain the oil and set the bike upside down for the easiest access. well i got it all done and did a good job too. bike was upside down for about 4 days cuz i had to put several layers of JB on. i flipped it back over put the cover back on added oil and gas and it wont start it just cranks.

So my first thoughts were that my plugs were covered in oil so i took em out and ya there was a little oil on all of em so i put some other plugs i had layin aroind in the bike and still no start. it's in nuteral no kinks in gas lines any ideas and while i had the p[lugs out i cranked it and it didnt shoot any oil out.

help me out guys
Old 10-06-2006, 12:25 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i Help Please

fuel pump primes?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:31 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

yes sir sure does
Old 10-06-2006, 12:33 PM

here is the jb job
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jb jobby job.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	181469  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

are u gettin spark?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:40 PM

well i tried to check but i didn't see any spark but i held it up to the valve cover would that make a difference
Old 10-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

u obviously forgot to plug somthing in our ground somthing. make sure u have the main ground from batter to engine bolted up and your kick stand switch plugdin and re-follow the entire harness. check every single harness plug etc and then come back n post up.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

leave spark plug plugged into the coil and place it away from spark plug hole and turn motor over for a few secounds in the dark.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
bp chaser

yeah dude, somethings unplugged or grounding out
Old 10-06-2006, 12:43 PM

but if that were the case, would it still crank?

Last edited by DBOUNCE1; 10-06-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

**** yeah. as long as the switch were good. ur just missing a sensor harness plug or somthing. somthing real stupid and real obvious, i promise you.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:50 PM

cool then i'll look it all over again and see what i find.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:07 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
well i tried to check but i didn't see any spark but i held it up to the valve cover would that make a difference
THE VALVE COVER IS ALUMINUM U CANT ARK A SPARK ON ALUMINUM
Old 10-06-2006, 05:13 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
THE VALVE COVER IS ALUMINUM U CANT ARK A SPARK ON ALUMINUM

^^^^^WTF^^^^^

Who told you that??? Trust me aluminum conduct electricity almost as good as copper... It's whats running through most of your walls in your house.

use the google feature before posting from now on.. or just raise your hand and wait to be acknowledged
Old 10-06-2006, 05:15 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

sounds similiar to the problem I'm having
Old 10-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

honda hit the total domination switch on the f4i, its in the flux capicitor integral reciever which recieves signals from hondas satellites. u must cut the copper color wire inside the flux capacitor integral reciever before the satellite signal reachs your F4i.

this helps sales for the new 600rr..
Old 10-06-2006, 06:54 PM

jag954 is an unknown quantity at this point

DBounce, i'm in omaha too. I have no one to stunt with. Let me know whats up. PM me. Sorry to hear bout the problem wish i could help.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:34 PM

J-Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

I am almost 99% sure that you forget to plug the crank pickup sensor back in. You would have had to unlug it to take the clutch cover off. I am pretty sure it is a little red connector right behind the clutch cable bracket. I had done the same thing before when I changed my clutch out, the bike would turn over but wouldn't start.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Scrapes Elbow

so is this **** fixed or what?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by J-Dawg
I am almost 99% sure that you forget to plug the crank pickup sensor back in. You would have had to unlug it to take the clutch cover off. I am pretty sure it is a little red connector right behind the clutch cable bracket. I had done the same thing before when I changed my clutch out, the bike would turn over but wouldn't start.

+1 ur genious man im at work right now but i know i forgot to plug that back in.

what do ya SL newbies can be good for somethin

Quick Reply: F4i Help Please