coolant , water or no?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
coolant , water or no?

so i was feeling a lil jewish and didnt wanna buy the honda coolant, so instead i bought a gallon of w.e from a gas station, after i FILL my radiator up, anthony says hey thats concentrate, u hafta add water.....so is it bad to run just straight coolant with lil to no water mixed in....cus i kno its suppose to be a 50/50 mix?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough
Re: coolant , water or no?

feelin a lil jewish hahahahah
Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Ed LegionST is a decent person

yeah the bike will over heat water is what cools anti freeze does what its named for. that and raising the boiling point of straight water. if its warm out run 10-20% anti freeze your bike will run cooler. not good to run staight water you could blow your water pump seal from no lube.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

You do not want to run car antifreeze in your bike. Car antifreeze has some sort of abrasive cleaner in it. You will eat seals and water pump parts. Run motorcycle antifreeze.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Water does the cooling

anti freeze stops freezing, raises the boiling point, stops corrosion, and stops algae growth. But it dosen't conduct heat all that well

run 50/50 or less antifreeze
Old 06-13-2006, 04:04 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
You do not want to run car antifreeze in your bike. Car antifreeze has some sort of abrasive cleaner in it. You will eat seals and water pump parts. Run motorcycle antifreeze.
It is all the same....Almost all coolants now are aluminum safe. If it were so bad on seals and stuff then it would eat the **** out of the seals in cars
Old 06-13-2006, 04:04 PM

Ed LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Water does the cooling

anti freeze stops freezing, raises the boiling point, stops corrosion, and stops algae growth. But it dosen't conduct heat all that well

what i was saying but clearer never was good at this dam english ****
Old 06-13-2006, 04:06 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

Car and motorcycle water pumps are different. I see this all the time. People come in with car antifreeze in there bikes and ish is messed up.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:09 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I run water wetter personally, with just a touch of antifreeze to prevent "freezing" in FL
Old 06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
Car and motorcycle water pumps are different. I see this all the time. People come in with car antifreeze in there bikes and ish is messed up.
Yes they are different....kinda people think Car oil and Motorcycle oil is the same
Old 06-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BIG-D
Yes they are different....kinda people think Car oil and Motorcycle oil is the same

+1
Old 06-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I run engine ice. If I remember it's already premixed with water
Old 06-13-2006, 04:58 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
I run engine ice. If I remember it's already premixed with water
how do you like it? it was recommended to me at a local shop. i was going to run water wetter but when i brought it to the counter almost every sales person had a horror story about running it in their bike.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:59 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by BIG-D
yup..i put whatever in..i ran pure water for a whole summer and freezing winter and my motor still works..so do w/e u feel like.when i dp use coolant its cheap *** car coolant
Old 06-13-2006, 05:08 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

the past few days i have been running water in mine because i found a leak in it. but it's off and getting fixed today by some old guy for $10
Old 06-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stock05
how do you like it? it was recommended to me at a local shop. i was going to run water wetter but when i brought it to the counter almost every sales person had a horror story about running it in their bike.
I didn't really notice a difference from what the bike came with. It's always pretty warm in Hawaii.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:48 PM

hulkmn069 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Water does the cooling

believe it or not but antifreeze boils sooner than water at pressure. antifreeze keeps things thawed and protects from corrosion and lubricates pumps. straight water = new pump and radiator also read the manual it says to use a quality based glycol coolant that's same as car antifreeze

Last edited by hulkmn069; 06-13-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

who cares ill put in anything, never had a problem
Old 06-13-2006, 08:05 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Motorcycle oil...motorcycle coolant...haha...anyone wanna buy some 'special' motorcycle gas?

Oil is oil, coolant is coolant.

best bet to stay cooler is Engine Ice or Liquid Performance (or regular coolant) and make your fan turn on with the ignition or through a switch, and if you have the room, a second fan could be added.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:45 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

dude whatever its a ****ing stunt bike i run car coolant, car oil, hell i haven't even changed my oil yet

im more worried about having a front tire thats not on cords and a new subbyframe than what kinda coolant is going to blow a seal, half my radiator is a 2 part expoxy anyway

Quick Reply: coolant , water or no?