F4i HELP AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: F4i HELP AGAIN!!!

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar

Btw what is the running problem.

well i just replaced the cct with a manual one that took care of my chain slapping noise now i have a ticking comming MOSTLY from that that same end of the engine. The few people i talked to seem to think it is valve issues, but i really have no idea in all honesty.

so at this point i'm really open to anything. Can't believe i'm actually saying this bbut i'm almost to the point to just breaking down and taking it to the dealership
Old 05-23-2006, 01:52 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

cam chain might be streached, how long was the cct bad? How loud is the tick?could have skipped a tooth on a sprocket. Does the tick get very fast and loud as you rev?

I doubt the tick is from a valve adjustment, valves tighten never loosen.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar
cam chain might be streached, how long was the cct bad? How loud is the tick?could have skipped a tooth on a sprocket. Does the tick get very fast and loud as you rev?

I doubt the tick is from a valve adjustment, valves tighten never loosen.

Thank you that's kinda what i was wondering, because i think the chain may be stretched and i bought it with a bad cct so who knows how long it was like that and yes it does tick faster as you rev it.

is a cct chain easier to do or does that mean fuc.king with my timing and all that **** either way has to be easier than valves
Old 05-23-2006, 03:46 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

yea your gonna haves to re-do the timing if you replace the chain but its just a matter of lining up the marks. a manual should tell ya all about that one.