f4i ignition pulse generator

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 06:35 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
f4i ignition pulse generator

wtf does it do and what happens if it goes bad.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:44 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person
Re: f4i ignition pulse generator

times the spark and allows the buildup/breakdown of primary ignition voltage to multiply the volts into the tens of thousands into useable secondary ignition spark

hey you want a service manual for the thing? I got it in PDF format, IM me at usedcarking5000 and Ill direct connect with you and send it
Old 04-21-2006, 10:28 AM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martino
times the spark and allows the buildup/breakdown of primary ignition voltage to multiply the volts into the tens of thousands into useable secondary ignition spark

hey you want a service manual for the thing? I got it in PDF format, IM me at usedcarking5000 and Ill direct connect with you and send it
actually it just times the spark... the coils creates the induction......
Old 04-21-2006, 11:29 AM
wheres all the fat girls

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar
actually it just times the spark... the coils creates the induction......
yea thats true, the coil makes the spark, but it needs a pulsed ON OFF to build/break down primary voltage inside the coil to make it into usable spark
thats why you cant just hook up a coil to a battery to make 30000 volts, you gotta modulate the + wire on off fast as **** to make it happen
Old 04-21-2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by martino
thats why you cant just hook up a coil to a battery to make 30000 volts, you gotta modulate the + wire on off fast as **** to make it happen
ummm yes I can, 12v to the coil, ground the lead, and induction happens, I do this for a living man.

Pulse tells the ecu to ground out the primary winding in the coil, then mutual induction throught the secondary creats the amplified voltage. The faster you ground it out the more sparks you get per minute. Thats it.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
wheres all the fat girls

ummm yes I can, 12v to the coil, ground the lead, and induction happens, I do this for a living man.

Pulse tells the ecu to ground out the primary winding in the coil, then mutual induction throught the secondary creats the amplified voltage. The faster you ground it out the more sparks you get per minute. Thats it.
cool man, you know your stuff, what do you do for a living?
I just passed my ASE L1 Advanced Engine Performance, i hate fixing cars with an undying passion but its all i can do

but if you just hardwire a coil it wont work
Old 04-21-2006, 01:32 PM

AHH, ASE, were talking apples and oranges here. I have ASE for electrical and brakes.... used to work at a chevy dealership..... hate cars too!

I am a MOtorcycle Mechanic over 6years profesional expirience and certified Honda,suzuki tech.

ON a typical TPI (transistrized pointless ignition system) which is what this bike and about %90 of all metric sportbikes are, you can hardwire the coil to work.

The primary is has 12v constant on both leads, we'll call one a 12v feed (+)and the other is the 12vreturn(-). Which is suplies as soon as the key is turned on, now when the signal genorator gets a pulse of about .5v this tells the relay in the ecu to ground out the 12vreturn (-) this sudden shunt of power causes the coil to mutualy induct the primary power into the secondary side of the coil producing an amplified voltage.

Basically to hardwire you just put 12v into the positive side of the coil and quickly ground out the otherside, make sure the mounting posts on the coil and plug are grounded or you may fry the coil, but it will spark.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
wheres all the fat girls

AHH, ASE, were talking apples and oranges here. I have ASE for electrical and brakes.... used to work at a chevy dealership..... hate cars too!

I am a MOtorcycle Mechanic over 6years profesional expirience and certified Honda,suzuki tech.

ON a typical TPI (transistrized pointless ignition system) which is what this bike and about %90 of all metric sportbikes are, you can hardwire the coil to work.

The primary is has 12v constant on both leads, we'll call one a 12v feed (+)and the other is the 12vreturn(-). Which is suplies as soon as the key is turned on, now when the signal genorator gets a pulse of about .5v this tells the relay in the ecu to ground out the 12vreturn (-) this sudden shunt of power causes the coil to mutualy induct the primary power into the secondary side of the coil producing an amplified voltage.

Basically to hardwire you just put 12v into the positive side of the coil and quickly ground out the otherside, make sure the mounting posts on the coil and plug are grounded or you may fry the coil, but it will spark.
sweet man id love to do what your doing. hows the $ in your position?

My buddys in Phoenix at the motorcycle school right now. i heard mixed things on that
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

oh oh oh do my carbs n valve ajustment
Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 PM

The phoenix area is too packed basically becouse of the school. To many know-it-nones willing to work for 8 bucks an hour and a dealership on every block makes it kinda hard to make $$$ out here. I'm moving back to texas for this reason.

The school itself is kinda a joke, anybody that shows up %90 of the time will graduate, witch is really giving the school a bad name. However there are a few instructors.... lately fewer and far between.... that have an extreem amount of knowledge, you really have to ask questions and use the environment to creat your own education.... the curriculum is very basic... I pissed alot of people off in my class cuz I asked qwestions that were above and beyond the study material, I was told some thought I was trying to be "that guy" but I truely wanted some answeres to qwestions that weren't being covered... so I asked. Basically you get out what you put into it.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah MMI teachs u how to read manuals like this

"spec = .001"
now how about my carbs & valves
Old 04-21-2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
yeah MMI teachs u how to read manuals like this

"spec = .001"
now how about my carbs & valves
pm sent
Old 04-21-2006, 03:33 PM
wheres all the fat girls

The phoenix area is too packed basically becouse of the school. To many know-it-nones willing to work for 8 bucks an hour and a dealership on every block makes it kinda hard to make $$$ out here. I'm moving back to texas for this reason.

The school itself is kinda a joke, anybody that shows up %90 of the time will graduate, witch is really giving the school a bad name. However there are a few instructors.... lately fewer and far between.... that have an extreem amount of knowledge, you really have to ask questions and use the environment to creat your own education.... the curriculum is very basic... I pissed alot of people off in my class cuz I asked qwestions that were above and beyond the study material, I was told some thought I was trying to be "that guy" but I truely wanted some answeres to qwestions that weren't being covered... so I asked. Basically you get out what you put into it.
yea man thats the truth, education is what you make of it. I got a BA in sociology just to get it, I hated it and didnt learn anything, big waste of time... now im a mechanic

i shoulda gone to welding school or something cool instead
Old 04-21-2006, 06:22 PM

i bought and installed the ignition pulse generator,bike still wont spark,it quit throwing the code 19..but still NOTHING
Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Scrapes Elbow

so theres no spark? u actully take out the spark plug n plug it back into the coil n turn over the motor n no spark?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:30 PM

yup...i know how to check for spark
Old 04-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Scrapes Elbow

so no spark & no gas, can u swap ECU out real quick?
Old 04-21-2006, 07:02 PM

its priming,just not sparking,and ive swaped between both cdi boxes like 20 times now..neither work.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Scrapes Elbow

do u have the f4i manual? http://xfer.gofastvideo.com/gallery/.../379/1/F4i.zip

go through the trouble shooting and ignition parts
Old 04-21-2006, 07:18 PM

i downloaded the manual and went thru it all

Quick Reply: f4i ignition pulse generator